YESSSSS! Schoolreport about BONO!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Everlastinglove

War Child
Finally I can make a report about Bono!!!!

It should last between 5 to 10 minutes and it's in our english lesson!
But I can talk about him for HOURS!!!!!

But I'm really happy that I can tell my class (I'm oviously the only fan in my school :sad: ) something about the man who CHANGED MY LIVE!!!!!! For real! :D :crazy:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I held a report on U2 some eyras ago (and various reports on Gavin :rollseyes: *snigger*).

@moomoo!: What if you talk about the band itself and how it developed during the years, the highlights of the band and then bono's life.

I enjoy encorporating U2 into any school project that I possibly can. I'm currently working on a car commercial for my video class, and "Vertigo" is the background music. It sounds GREAT.

u2's songs were the inspiration for my final test at high school... and they brought me a lot of luck!
It was great to talk about Bono in front of an official committee!!!

That's great! Back in 7th grade for music class we had to do a presentation/report thing on a band...so of course I chose U2 :D the report had a limit on how many words it could be, and I tried to be restrained and it was still twice as long as it shoulda been :laugh: I had to keep cuttin' stuff... and I made a poster and played a minute of Elevation and WOWY for the class...it was fun. Then in 8th grade I wrote a poem about Bono, but I didn't tell anyone it was about him... and I wrote my term paper on AIDS in Africa, which is something I really wouldn't know enough to care about if not for Bono... he has made me a better person, really. Does that even make sense...?

Anyway, have fun with your report :D

it'll be great to have here your report!

Hope you'll find the time for it!

Everlastinglove said:
Yes, it makes sense!

He changed my life! Obviously! I'm wearing 46664.com shirts and stuff like that!

I think he's changing every fan!

P.S. I wrote once a poem about Morrissey (The Smiths) :)!

can I ask you a thing about 46664? Do ya have the DVD?
Can you tell me the title of the sung that is heard when you look the photogallery -- disc two?

I would be soooo curious to know what you wrote about Morrissey...

Hey I'd love to read your report on Bono,

And also your poem about Morrissey, I saw him live a couple of weeks ago - he was very good! Such an interesting man.

I've written two speeches so far that were just about Bono. Turns out that my communications teacher this year is a fan of U2 as well!!! not obsessive, mind you, but enough to make me happy! I also have sung All I Want Is You a cappella for my school's monthly Open Mic thing. I had to give the crowd a short lesson on who U2 was, I couldn't believe it. But then I said Vertigo and they all understood.

:D I love it when we bring U2 into the classroom
I did a few times when I was in highschool and it always turned out better than my other reports and things like that
mostly because when it comes to U2 I actually know what I'm talking about:lol:
I kinda had a bono freak out at work today by the way.....
couldnt stop talking about that man

this sounds sooo great!
Unfortunately I'm not nearer to you, u2bonogirl
I really would have enjoyed your talking about the B-man!

i did a philosophy paper in college last year. i first was going to just do it on music and then it turned into 6 pages about the Bman. My teacher said it was the most insightful paper that was turned in. Thyen promply gave me a C- on the paper. Well after all it was a philosophy class so who said anything had to make sense. actually he said i analyzed lyrics to much. i told them they deliver their message through music and he laughed. He joking said U2 hadn't put out an album in ten years saying they got weird. i guess i should not have picked a POP song.

MooMoo! said:
i got my first ever A* for doing a speech bout u2. i realised afterwards id basically pointed out all their bad points.

for instance?

ummm....like which tours werent very good and bad albums etc. :|

someone asked me afterward if i like them so much how come ive just pointed out their bad points? so i said nobodys perfect.

i did a music project on them once which i got an A+ on, and i quoted Bono in an essay once but that was only becasue my english teacher was also a U2 fan. then in my world issues class last year my teacher complimented me because i knew so much about the AIDS crisis in africa i believe she said "well at least someone pays attention to the news" i didn't bother to tell her that i only knew all about it because of bono :wink:

MooMoo! said:
ummm....like which tours werent very good and bad albums etc. :|

someone asked me afterward if i like them so much how come ive just pointed out their bad points? so i said nobodys perfect.

you're what I would call a true fan because you don't accept everything as if it was gold!
Congrats

When I was in tenth grade, I knew this mean girl who always insisted she'd met Bono. I of course thought she was full of crap. Then I wrote a review of B.P. Fallon's U2 book for my English class, and there was a picture of her and her sister mobbing Bono through the window of a limo!

The mean girl transferred at the end of that year--but at least I got an A on the paper!

i just had to do a project on song writing so me and my friend (who's also a huge U2 fan) did a mock interview with Bono, then our stupid teacher didn't know who he was :mad:

VertigoGal said:
I haven't gotten the courage to do a paper on anything U2-related yet, but I've written the lyrics to dozens of their songs all throughout my agenda...it's what I do when I'm bored in class, which is a lot:wink:

That reminds me of what one of the kids I went to high school with did. There was a rumor that one of the teachers wasn't really checking that closely when grading homework (the teacher was lazy and didn't bother to read the whole essays, just the first few lines to make sure the kids actually wrote something). It was an elective class, health or something like that.

One kid decided to put this to the test and after the first two sentences just wrote U2 lyrics (Achtung Baby actually, that's how long ago I was in high school :reject: ). The teacher never caught on as I recall :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom