Yes! I finally got a job!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
After three months of doing absolutely nothing ( besides eating ice cream and pizza of course) I finally got a job! :hyper:

And about :censored: time! :D

I'll be working as a customer service representative for a credit card company. Yes, I know it's very boring , but the pay is quite good and we all know what that means...shopping time baby! :D

Yay Flavia!!! You decided not to go for a job in dockers then? :wink:

I've been looking on the net for jobs in theatres in Dublin but I get the feeling they're going to be few and far between. Plus I need to save a shed load of money before I can even think about affording to live in dublin.... :mad: ah well.

I haven't finished my film off from Dublin yet but I'm looking forward to getting the pics when I do. No exciting photos of the boys, but ah well....

Yay! A job. I sat around for a year before I was able to get a job, so I know how happy you must be to finally have one.

Sittin around doin nothin isnt as fun as most people think...lol.

Good for you! Make the best of it. Besides just the job itself, it is opportunity to meet some new people. :up:

bammo2 said:
Yay Flavia!!! You decided not to go for a job in dockers then? :wink:

I've been looking on the net for jobs in theatres in Dublin but I get the feeling they're going to be few and far between. Plus I need to save a shed load of money before I can even think about affording to live in dublin.... :mad: ah well.

I haven't finished my film off from Dublin yet but I'm looking forward to getting the pics when I do. No exciting photos of the boys, but ah well....

Hi Lu! :wave:

Yeah, i'm so f****** excited! :hyper: The mere thought of all the shopping I'm going to do, and I go weak at the knees! :lol:

I'll tell you what, I'll keep an eye on theatre positions for you and I'll let you know if something becomes available. what do you think? :)

I have already developed the pictures (well, "picture" actually lol) but I haven't scanned them yet. I might do that tonight tho :yes:

GrampsMagee said:
I congratulate you, my fellow primate! After I ended my career as a pirate, I too worked. As a helper ape for a certain "bono-vox" -- Indeed I did! HAHAAHA!

You must excuse me, I must go write my memoirs.

I leave you with:

*banana of good fortune!*

Ummmm......:shifty: Alright...Thanks I suppose! :D

Can I be a helper ape for that certain "bono-vox" too? :wink: :lol:

Well I'm going to pop into this thread on jobs and mention that I finally got a new job as well!

A few people who know me might remember that I worked at the Science Center here in Pittsburgh....blowing things up and entertaining kids....but getting CRAP in my pay envelope. Yes, literally, crap.

So i started looking and found a great new position with the American Cancer Society! I'm so thrilled...I'll still be working for a non-profit, but getting paid a lot better than the other place. I'll have excellent benefits, a professional work environment, and lots of opportunities to network. I'm thrilled! I start June 30...

Niamh_Saoirse...when you do you start your new job?

Yay for you both! I want a new job too. I found this thing online where you pick blueberries for 8 days and make $100 a day. The catch - the berries have pesticides and you have to give blood and urine samples each day. :shrug: but for $800 I'm game! Too bad they wrote back and said it's for professional pickers only. Like I don't know how to pick a blueberry.... :rolleyes:

elizabeth said:
Well I'm going to pop into this thread on jobs and mention that I finally got a new job as well!

A few people who know me might remember that I worked at the Science Center here in Pittsburgh....blowing things up and entertaining kids....but getting CRAP in my pay envelope. Yes, literally, crap.

So i started looking and found a great new position with the American Cancer Society! I'm so thrilled...I'll still be working for a non-profit, but getting paid a lot better than the other place. I'll have excellent benefits, a professional work environment, and lots of opportunities to network. I'm thrilled! I start June 30...

Niamh_Saoirse...when you do you start your new job?

Congrats Elizabeth! :D

I start on Monday 23rd at 9 in the morning. I'd better start getting some proper sleeping patterns! :lol:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Congrats Elizabeth! :D

I start on Monday 23rd at 9 in the morning. I'd better start getting some proper sleeping patterns! :lol:

interference and chatting is not good for proper sleep.

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Hi Lu! :wave:

Yeah, i'm so f****** excited! :hyper: The mere thought of all the shopping I'm going to do, and I go weak at the knees! :lol:

I'll tell you what, I'll keep an eye on theatre positions for you and I'll let you know if something becomes available. what do you think? :)

Yay! That'd be fab! All I want really is a job in the entertainment industry of some kind.....theatre / tv / radio / something like that. I don't think it's too much to ask! :shifty: :lol: I'm enjoying my job duty managing at the theatre at the moment, but I don't think I want to stay duty managing forever. My degree is in media production and radio, so maybe I should do something with that?

Niamh_Saoirse said:

I have already developed the pictures (well, "picture" actually lol) but I haven't scanned them yet. I might do that tonight tho :yes:

Let me know when you've scanned it matey - it'd be cool to see a pic of us with cement hair!

Oh dear God...Will you look at the state of us? :lmao:

I hope next time we get a proper picture! :D

3379292323232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3C69%3D6%3A3%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3A8%3C56469ot1lsi

Back
Top Bottom