Yay me I learned to play the bass!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I can now play With Or Without You and New Years Day. *beams*

the only trouble is it's so hard to hold it upright lol.

oh but it was so funny b/c once i got in a little groove and could make my fingers move faster (but not like Adam's!) I was all pumped and doing that "i'm the shit" sorta look and my friend Julie says "Now I know why Adam always looks like that!" lol it was so funny. heehee. I know AM plays too- but I'm sure she knows the notes and all that stuff- I just know the finger positions. Luckily, Adam will still be impressed
wink.gif

sorry I couldn't wait to tell everyone until the RSOC meeting
smile.gif

------------------
She tied you to the kitchen chair
She broke your throne She cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

* U2 Take Me Higher *

*bearhugs OLIVE*

YAYAYAYYAYAYA!!!!

I'm so proud of you girl!
smile.gif

------------------
Hey Nico, stay strong in this world.
My girl, ignore their cold words.
The song of your heart's so true, the sai is a way for you.
Hey Nico, stay strong in this world, my girl.

SlipStream Soul

OMG!!! that is great news Carrie! I am amazed that Sparky has inspired us to learn to play bass! I am also working at it myself...I am glad I will have more time once the school semester is over in 2 wks, so my motto will be....practice, practice, practice! I just loved watching him during the show....he looked so ultra cool playing and smiling at me....*still swoons*
smile.gif

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*
Adam's Press Secretary/Personal Assistant

thanks!! although I must admit that i don't even *have* a bass! I was just at my friend's place and he knows how to play so I insisted that he teach me a couple songs, and I quickly memorized the fret positions, etc. I was psyched! but like i said, i had to lie it on my lap b/c it was too awkward to hold and my wrists dont bend as elegantly as Adam's!

but thanks everyone! I told my friend to get me a bass for christmas! wouldn't that be a surprise!!
icon33.gif

SG- keep on practicing though! that's soo awesome! imagine being able to JAM with Adam!! wow there are too many icons to put here, but you know what i mean!
smile.gif

------------------
She tied you to the kitchen chair
She broke your throne She cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

* U2 Take Me Higher *

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 12-02-2001).]

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:

SG- keep on practicing though! that's soo awesome! imagine being able to JAM with Adam!! wow there are too many icons to put here, but you know what i mean!
smile.gif

smile.gif

you are such a sweetie carrie!

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*
Adam's Press Secretary/Personal Assistant

YAY Olive!
biggrin.gif
You rock girl! (now for real!) You sound like you had a lot of fun...I'm starting to get a real hankerin to learn piano AND gee-tar both....

Don't forget to keep that chin UP!
smile.gif

Hey Carrie!! Now we can start a tribute band!
wink.gif
We just need a drummer, and er... lot's of practice!
biggrin.gif

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

Yeah for you!! One of my best guy friends in high school played bass so I made him teach me a little. We are both lefty players, like Paul McCartney, so learning from a book was out of the question. The very first song I made him teach me was WOWY!
Adam has just recently started rocking my world! WOO HOO

------------------
~*Honey*~

The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

Yay Carrie! I'm so impressed that you could even make a tolerable sound in one day, much less play the riffs from WOWY and NYD!! When I try to play guitar, I can only play one chord and can't switch to another one, so if any of your new band's songs require only one chord, I'm the girl for you!

It must be SO MUCH FUN to pretend to be Sparky! Now you have even MORE to discuss with him when you have your little tete-a-tete in the near future (you know, after he asks you to move to Ireland and live with him in his castle). And if he ever needs a day off, you can fill in for him during the shows!

smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom