X-mas gift from me to you, an invitation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissZooropa

Refugee
So, I was gonna wait til everything was definatly set, in stone, but the talks and rumors are to intense to wait.
I've been thinking about this for a while and I would like to invite you all to an official PLEBA meeting, convention, get together, here in Gothenburg, Sweden around the date July 23rd (when U2 is playing here, most likely)
My home is open for as many as possible and I'm willing to help out finding hotel, hostels or what your desire of accomodation are. I'm also willing to arrange transportation, public or if we rent, cars, van, depending on how many, if you want to go to the rumored show in Oslo, Norway (about 350km from Gothenburg) too.
And tickets will not be a problem either I'll help you out and other friends that I have are too.

I know some of you already have serious plans of coming here (CatDubh, ZooGrl....) but this is an invitation for all of you PLEBA girls to come here.
smile.gif

WELCOME

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

MissZooropa, you rock! My friend and I have seriously been contemplating seeing another U2 concert next summer, if there was any chance at all. I have been to Sweden once before, and had a marvelous time. Your offer is wonderfully kind, and if I should end up going, I'd love to meet you and anyone else crazy enough to come along!

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"Some of my best friends are women. Some of my best friends dress up as women too." - Bono, Hot Press interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

YAY!! those are the same 2 shows i was planning on going to! that would be so so much fun...i cant wait for july!

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

biggrin.gif

Could u please also arrange THE DANCE with Adam for me? Sn?lla....
wink.gif
Jag vill dansa med honom!!!

I'm gonna be there a 100 %!!!!!!

And I'll see u in a few days!! YAY!!!!

Originally posted by CatDubh:
biggrin.gif

Could u please also arrange THE DANCE with Adam for me? Sn?lla....
wink.gif
Jag vill dansa med honom!!!

I'm gonna be there a 100 %!!!!!!

And I'll see u in a few days!! YAY!!!!

No problems. LOL You know that I can do anything!!! But one condition, you have to speak swedish more when we meet, oki? Ov?der... So funny you knew the word in swedish but not in english.

MissZooropa, you're making it very hard for me to just say no, stay home, and not go broke. *exasperation* *desperation* *in temptation* *elevation*

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness... To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

"Penises, I'm included to believe... are good things." - Adam

Originally posted by On The Edge:
*exasperation* *desperation* *in temptation* *elevation*

lol

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"Brian Eno is trying to prevent me from downloading an MP3 of Bono having an orgasm!!" ~Echo~

"Get me the Bean Giant!" ~Houdini~

How kind of you! I wish I had more money cause I would be there in an instant! But alas, college expenses have drained me of money and time to pursue my fanatical devotion of U2. But I want to hear all about it and I want to see pics!

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

That's really sweet of you MissZooropa! Wow. Now have a tough choice. I am WAAAAAAY too in debt to be thinking about going to Europe, but I just can't help myself. If I DO go, I SHOULD be going to Holland and seeing/staying with my relatives. And another U2 friend wants me to meet her in Paris! And now you! What to do? AAAHHH!

*Fed Exes myself on over*

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"If I knew who I was I wouldn't be an artist, I wouldn't be in a band, I wouldn't be here screaming for a living." ~Bono~

"The moment an artist loses his personality and magnetism, the moment his secret leaks out, the curtain comes down on his prosperity" ~Houdini~

"Listen....I could be a genius if I weren't so lazy"

*finds big box* *finds it's hard to tape when in big box*

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness... To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

"Penises, I'm inclined to believe... are good things." - Adam

Originally posted by WildHonee:
*Fed Exes myself on over*

*scratches toe in dust*
Hey, Mona, since we're BEST FRIENDS
biggrin.gif
now....can I join you?

*realizes there is DUST in her room*
*runs for the vacuum cleaner*
*realizes why no one ever comes to her room*

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

I really, really want to come. I want to meet all the Pleba girls and see U2, but unfortunatly I am going to be moving out of my parents house, and into an apartment with my boyfriend soon. I can't afford a trip anywhere!!!

Thanks for the invite though. I am sure that you girls will have a blast. I can't wait to see all the pics!!!

Hmm... seems like I'll be alone anyway.
frown.gif

I wanted to give you the invitation this early so you got time to plan and save up some money. Wish a trip for birthdaypresent or something. I would love to see more then myself from PLEBA at the front row.
smile.gif

At least you can have it in mind, IF you happens to win the lottery or something.
smile.gif
I'll bump the thread if it disappears so everyone gets to see it. You are all more then welcome and I'll help you out with most stuff.
smile.gif

And Mrs Edge, Holland and Sweden isn't far away at all. I'm planning myself to go to Holland if they will perform there. It's a few hours (10 to holland and 14 to paris, app) by car and so is Paris. If you by a special train ticket you can travel as much as you like within europe for a month for about US$200. That's what I'm planning, depending on how many that comes here.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Originally posted by hippyactress:
*scratches toe in dust*
Hey, Mona, since we're BEST FRIENDS
biggrin.gif
now....can I join you?

*realizes there is DUST in her room*
*runs for the vacuum cleaner*
*realizes why no one ever comes to her room*

LMAO
1. You have to provide yer own duct tape and bubble wrap. I'll pretend it's Bono bubble pants.

2. No one in my FAMILY likes to come into my room unless it's to take dishes (*hoard*) or tell me to stop eating the candy canes because I always have U2 playing or some sort of U2-rleated activity goin' down in there.
smile.gif

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"There were moments when Bono even earned cheers for simply loosening his shirt"

Originally posted by WildHonee:

2. No one in my FAMILY likes to come into my room unless it's to take dishes (*hoard*) or tell me to stop eating the candy canes because I always have U2 playing or some sort of U2-rleated activity goin' down in there.
smile.gif

My dad opens my door a crack and talks through the crack, I think because he's intimidated by the U2 obsession.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~

"Penises, I'm inclined to believe... are good things." - Adam

Originally posted by On The Edge:
My dad opens my door a crack and talks through the crack, I think because he's intimidated by the U2 obsession.
biggrin.gif

LMAO
My dad: "Bono? Shake yer bon bon? Ricky Martin? That's Ricky Martin?!"

MONA: *Fed Exes self away*

LMAO

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"There were moments when Bono even earned cheers for simply loosening his shirt"

LMAO! My household....

*Katie's sister Meg opens Katie's door to get her for dinner.. and Katie's got her headphones on listening to "Kite"*

Katie: I'm a MAN!

*Meg leaves the room and runs away*
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
LMAO! My household....

*Katie's sister Meg opens Katie's door to get her for dinner.. and Katie's got her headphones on listening to "Kite"*

Katie: I'm a MAN!

*Meg leaves the room and runs away*
biggrin.gif

O MY DAD

That's ME!!!!!!! LMAO I love singing that part
biggrin.gif

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

LMAO Mona that's my favorite part too! My mom took away my headphones when we were driving to Florida cause I was singing so loud (especially that part- you have to yell it out!)
frown.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I tend to fall down when I try to scale the wall like the fly.....

OMG You know how my mom lovs Redgerd Gere? Well she saw my U2 calendar and she was LOOKIN at Larry. OMG It was so funny. HOW OLD IS HE? She said. 40, I said. HE IS NOT, she said. It was great.

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

LMAO... Larry is my Mom's favorite.. she loves the man, but I haven't told her he's 40 yet. I don't think she could live w/ it.

And yesterday in the paper there was a bit about Bono being named European of the Year, and my grandmother told me when she read it cause she knew I love U2 (even though I already knew for a while)....
My U2 obsession isn't so secret anymore!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

And yesterday in the paper there was a bit about Bono being named European of the Year, and my grandmother told me when she read it cause she knew I love U2 (even though I already knew for a while)....
My U2 obsession isn't so secret anymore!
biggrin.gif

I don't keep my obsession a secret. But I don't let anyone know the real extent of it. I think that if my family and friends knew that I spent the whole day posting on here, that they would carry me off to the loony bin!!!

------------------
Official Dog-Walker of the ScottPhisto Society

I don't mean to be arrogant, but ...I do feel that we are meant to be one of the great groups. - Bono, Rolling Stone, 1981

LMAO... Larry is my Mom's favorite.. she loves the man, but I haven't told her he's 40 yet. I don't think she could live w/ it.

Larry is also my mom's favorite! She says he looks like the most 'ordinary/normal' of the four! I dunno what that means....

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
she is the dreamer....she's imagination

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
Larry is also my mom's favorite! She says he looks like the most 'ordinary/normal' of the four! I dunno what that means....
LMAO!!

Adam scares my brother. It must be hereditary.

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Originally posted by spinninghead77:

I don't keep my obsession a secret. But I don't let anyone know the real extent of it. I think that if my family and friends knew that I spent the whole day posting on here, that they would carry me off to the loony bin!!!

It's not really a secret cause everyone in my immediate family loves U2, but only my sister knows how much more obsessed I am than anyone else in my family... but it does take a lot to live up to the title of "Crazy U2 Girl" (which I'm becoming known as by a few of my friends...) So I tell them it's better being crazy for U2 than being crazy fot a lot of other things!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

Lol
<---widely known for being U2-obsessed

although I don't really have an official title except that my friends routinely scream

BONO IS MY KRYPTONITE!!

and

NO MORE BONO

and

LARRY's GAY!!!!!

and

ADAM WHO?

and

IF I HEAR ANOTHER WORD ABOUT U2.

Hmmmmm more threats than pet names. Lol

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

LMAO...

My friend Nick: So, you like U2?

Katie: I love them...

Nick: I only know the singer, what's his name... *pause* *pause* *pause* Bono?

Katie: yes! *in her head: It's about time!*

Nick: I saw them on TV once when I was little, and I thought they were the Village People...

Katie: Okay, that was the video for Discotheque, and that was only 4 years ago.... you were 11!

Nick: Ah well, I always thought they were gay....

Katie: I don't care what you think.... think what you want, I still love them *in her head: adding Nick to her hit list*

Nick: Well, that's why you're the crazy U2 girl...

Katie: Wearing it proud....

Nick: But Aerosmith is till better...

Katie:
mad.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

Back
Top Bottom