Writer's Club continuation story 2 - "Snowed In"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edurban

War Child
Here we go, I dreamed about it all night, I know, I am a loser! :wink:
Hope you like the plot lead, it sort of popped into my mind yesterday as soon as I read DOL's bit.

Disclaimer: all fiction, some swearing!

------

Tricia stood there with her mouth open. She could not believe her eyes, what were U2 doing there? She did not pick up the marshmallow but stepped forward and got closer to the four men, making sure she was not hallucinating.

“Look, we are really sorry we are intruding” Bono stepped forward “it’s just until the snow storm stops, and then we will try and take our truck out of the ditch.”

Tricia swallowed and nodded eagerly.

“Of course, no problem” then she held her hand out for Bono to shake it “I am Tricia, I am a huge fan of yours, actually” she said with a smile.
She looked at Kaylee who seemed slightly embarrassed, and moved her head sideways to suggest she would introduce herself. Kaylee still was not moving. Edge looked at the bag of marshmallow on the floor.

“We really don’t want to interrupt what you were doing…”

Tricia went back to pick up the marshmallow. “No worries, we won’t!” she said laughing, “I hope you like roasted marshmallow”

“I love it!” exclaimed Bono enthusiastically. Larry rolled his eyes to the ceiling and Adam was giggling.

“Kaylee, let’s go to the living room, shall we?” she eyed her friend who woke up from her freeze all of a sudden when she saw Helen’s feet coming down the staircase.

She saw Larry widen his eyes and immediately hurried the four men into the living room, having seen what Helen was holding in her hands, and left Tricia dealing with explanations.

“Tricia, who the hell was that?” she said dropping the barrel of the hunting rifle towards the floor. Tricia held her hands before her and went up the stairs towards her armed friend.

“It’s ok, Helen, it’s ok, put that thing down please!”

“Who was that?” asked Helen again this time with a raised voice “you can’t open the door just for anybody!”

“It wasn’t me, it was Kaylee” she protested Tricia pushing her friend upstairs “and it’s not just anybody…”
Helen frowned: “Could you be clearer please? How are we supposed to protect her if you open the door to random people?”

“Who did you open the door to?”
They both turned their heads toward the voice. On the landing, Anna was pale and she looked terrified. Tricia went to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

“There’s nothing to worry about, Anna, it’s U2, I still can’t believe this, U2, they are downstairs, they drove their car in a ditch or something and asked for hospitality until it stops snowing.”
Anna brought her hand to her mouth and repressed an Oh, fuck! with scarce success:

“You mean Bono Vox is downstairs in your living room?” she asked, wide eyed.
“I know!” Tricia brought her hand to her mouth as well in imitation of her friend “isn’t that amazing??” and she was laughing nervously too.

“Could you be more juvenile?” Helen interrupted them. She was still holding the rifle.
“Oh Helen, for God’s sake, would you chill?” said Tricia with a snort.

“Chill?” Helen grabbed Tricia for her shoulder and forced her to face her, “what part of ‘we are hiding’ do you not understand, Tricia?”
“But it’s U2, they are a rock band, and they are good people, they are not going to hurt us!” Tricia said matter-of-factly.

“And you know this how?”
“I know, I just… know. We fans know about them, only because you don’t appreciate their music doesn’t mean that they are evil”

“I wish you could listen to the bullshit you are saying, Tricia….”
“Enough!” Anna shouted and her two friends jumped in surprise.

------

Downstairs, the four members of U2 were trying not to look at the ceiling where the muffled arguing voices came from and pretended not to hear anything. Bono and Edge were smiling timidly and looking around.

“It’s really nice and cosy here” Bono said.

“Tricia’s step dad owns the place” Kaylee explained, “we are here… ehh… to… uhm… country-sky, we like country-skying.”

“Oh, I wouldn’t mind trying that one day” Edge said, to make small talk “they say it’s really good for improving your fitness…”

“Do you need that?” Kaylee asked incredulously, and immediately gasped at her own lack of discretion. Damn you, you always have to embarrass yourself! She thought, but she could not help it, she had always spoken her mind without thinking about it, since she was a child. She recognised it was not a good habit, but words just blurted out of her mouth without refrain.

Edge was looking at her and seemed amused by her comment though, she smiled back timidly.

Some louder voicing came from upstairs.

“I don’t like this” Larry said taking discretely Adam aside “what are they on about upstairs? And the fecking rifle? I have never seen a fire gun in my life, Adam, I swear this is too weird!” he said, nervous.

“Calm down, Lar, we are in the States, and in the middle of nothing” said Adam in his usual cool, “they have big bears, you know…” and he smiled, repressing a giggle in Larry’s face.

“I am serious; there is something odd about these people”

“Women, they are women, Lar, women are always odd!” he replied, shrugging, “besides, it’s not like we can go anywhere at the moment, unless you want to go back to the car and freeze to death waiting for tomorrow…” and went to join the others near the fireplace.

“Erhm, I am really rude!” said Kaylee suddenly, “I haven’t even asked if you would like something to drink? A cup of coffee? Whiskey? Eggnog maybe?”

Larry opened his mouth to say ‘whiskey’ but closed it abruptly again as soon as he noticed the three other women who were now in the living room.

“Ok, let’s get the fuck out of here, now!” he said losing colour from his face.
“What’s wrong with you, Larry?” Bono asked him irritated, he could really be a pain in the arse sometimes, the hell with his moodiness, this was an emergency situation, could he not just conform for once?

“What is wrong, Bono, is that we are in the same house as the runaway wife of Miguel Bartez, lord of cocaine traffic in north America!!” he said to Bono without looking at him but keeping his eyes on her.

“Anna” she said “my name is Anna, Mr. Mullen, thank you for introducing me so accurately!” she said dryly returning his gaze and silently challenging him to lower his eyes first. He did not budge.

That was going to be a long night.

:ohmy: That really is a plot twist!

I love this game already :drool: you never know what's gonna happen!

She saw Larry widen his eyes and immediately hurried the four men into the living room, having seen what Helen was holding in her hands
I thought it was gonna be a cat at first :lol:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I thought it was gonna be a cat at first :lol:

That would be because English is not my first language and I clearly still need to practive my descriptive skills.... :huh:

and re: the plot twist: I know! isn't it strange to have a story in mind and see it take a completely different turn? I am so looking forward to see what happens next... and I will have to try and forget how I am imagining things will carry on...

edurban said:
That would be because English is not my first language and I clearly still need to practive my descriptive skills.... :huh:
Your English seems perfectly fine to me :up:

It's just that when Larry seemed frightened... it was natural to assume it as a cat, since he's reportedly afraid of them :giggle:

Really?? I didn't know that!!

I wonder why... maybe the reason is exoteric?

well your english is really good edurban, don't worry :)

I thought it was a cat too, since it's an old joke used in the caption thread a lot.. :lol: someone even photoshopped it I think...
yea, larry hates cats, has done so ever since he was a little boy!

I started work on chapter 3 - I've got about 2 pages so far. I'll see if I can't do something with it this week although I'm heading into hell week at work so I can't make any promises. It's hard writing all four of them!

You don't have to write all four of them, you can concentrate on one and then somebody else will pick up someone else?!

Thanks for keeping it up btw, looking forward to reading it!!:wave:

Back
Top Bottom