Wow...IT'S OVER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
The Elevation TOUR, that is.
frown.gif
frown.gif

*checks watch*

As it's now 11:15 PM eastern time, the Miami show should be over....so, the tour is over...the excitement is over....and the boys are leaving American soil....

OMG....I think I'm gonna cry. Some MORE.
frown.gif

Looks like they went 'all out' for the last show:

Main Set:
Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, Mysterious Ways, Out of Control, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Stuck in a Moment, Kite, In God's Country, Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Please (acoustic), Bad / Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Where the Streets
Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Pride

Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky, What's Going On?, New York, One, My Sweet Lord, Walk On

Comments: Larry plays drums on 'Only Happy When It Rains', the last song of Garbage's set.

'In God's Country' is complete with harmonica tonight.

Bono stops to thank a bunch of people, including Sheila Roche, Paul McGuinness and Chris Blackwell before 'One'.
---

WOW.
eek.gif

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 12-02-2001).]

I'm gonna tuck myself in
wink.gif
, but, before I do..
http://www.u2tours.com/detail.src?ID=20011202

The excitement is NEVER over w/ U2, in my opinion-because there's always the anticipation of what they will come up with next. And the absolute enjoyment of what they have already produced.

*suddenly turning into Suzy Sunshine*

Seriously though-it's a blessing to be a fan of this band!

*elevated EVERY day by their music*

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

I know what you mean Disco.
frown.gif
I'm pretty sad too. And the elevated thread will perish without new pictures!
wink.gif
Seriously though, it's really hard to see it end.
frown.gif
Hopefully they will go into the studio as soon as possible after getting some rest and start working on the album.
biggrin.gif

Edit: Uh.. it looks like I'm saying that it is really hard to see the elevated thread end -- I was talking about the tour, I swear! .. Really!
biggrin.gif

------------------
the glass is cut, the bottle run dry..
Ari
our love runs cold in the caverns of the night..

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 12-02-2001).]

Yeah, I'm all sad too...

------------------
"When you've seen beyond yourself then you may see peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you"

Peace George

Just in time too.... I'm broke, tired and my fanny hurts from sitting on concrete for hours on end.
wink.gif

Now, how many days until the new album?

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Heheh -- let's start guessing when the new album will be out.
wink.gif
I pick .. December 2002 the earliest. Latest.. hmm.. probably November 2003. (GOD I hope it's not that long!)

------------------
the glass is cut, the bottle run dry..
Ari
our love runs cold in the caverns of the night..

It is kinda sad, isn't it? I feel so blessed to have seen not one but TWO of the Elevation shows (6/11 and 11/2, both in Philly.) I'm rather proud that I saw one of the most ballyhooed moments on the tour, when Bono made the comment about Timothy McVeigh at the end of "Bullet the Blue Sky."

Having been a U2 fan since I was five (seriously--just ask my mom!), the second show in particular was one of the highlights of my life. I never, ever cried at a concert before, but did I ever bawl my brains out at the way they did "One." I could go on forever about everything, but suffice it to say that I was lucky to be even a tiny part of Elevation.
smile.gif

------------------
"If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya." --Bono

*Depression* Bye guys! Thanks for giving us here in the U.S. two legs of awesome concerts!
I hope they'll visit some new places, and it'll still be exciting to hear about what happens there.
And yes... I can't fecking wait for the new album.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by paxetaurora:
I never, ever cried at a concert before, but did I ever bawl my brains out at the way they did "One."

Me too, I know what you mean!!!!
I cant believa it's already over!!! we cant get enough...!

------------------
"The goal is elevation"
"Midnight is when the day begins"

Oh, wait, nobody knows who I am. I've posted all of, what, six times? I'm so intimidated.
wink.gif

Anyway, I'm Abby and I live in Pennsylvania. My mom bought TJT when I was 5 and I have never been the same since. My best friend and I are slowly infecting our other friends with beautiful velvety U2 sickness! It is wonderful!

Here's one funny story I have about my "problem": I was reading one of those "You know you're obsessed with U2" lists on ff.net and I came across one that said: "Your friends can't say 'It's a beautiful day' because you always sing, 'Don't let it get away!'" Ummmm...that's true.
wink.gif

Sorry to go OT.

------------------
"If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya." --Bono

Hi! I'm new to the board too, so welcome!

Courtney :)

------------------
"Thank you. It was an amazing night."
- What Bono said to me after the April Dallas show, and what I think every female U2 fan would like to hear.

*Cries over end of Elevation tour*

*Reminices about the shows that I actually went to, and the crazy adventures undertaken to see them. Is cheered*

*Laughs at some of the hysterical threads that this tour has brought up. Never will I think of "elevation" in the same way again...
icon33.gif

*Welcomes paxetaurora to PLEBA. Enjoy our funhouse!*

------------------
...Edge is not of our planet, Larry is a warrior, Adam has seen things that we may never dream of and whatever you do, don't get in a car with Bono.

--Danny Eccleston, from the Elevation tour book

[This message has been edited by Burning_Azalea (edited 12-02-2001).]

Yes I'm sad that it's over but I feel very lucky that I made it to 2 shows.
Hey paxetaurora welcome! I see that you are from PA. Where at in PA.? I live 50 miles north of Pittsburgh.

I am feeling terrible about the tour being over. I never want it to end. I know there will be more tours but not like this one. U2 always changes and I like the way they are right now so much I'm afraid next time they might go like LimpBizkit or something. I want to hold onto Elevation. Keep it up guys!

Noooooooooooooooo!!! *sniffle* *snort*
frown.gif
This tour is over too quickly...wow...I remember in January when me and my best friend Alex were sitting out in the cold, waiting for 5 hours for ticketmaster to open, and we bought our tickets and we were so happy...

Then Houston in April...seeing them live again was like a dream, and meeting some of my friends from chat was lovely, getting to see them leave the arena, Edge and Larry waving at me, then that was over.

Then came Austin, ABEL was nice enough to buy me a ticket, we ended up there, we met the band, a dream come true for me..the concert was awesome, meeting all the chatters and hanging out with them...

and now...it's over *sigh* We have to wait 1 year or a bit more to see them again...I feel so sad, that i'm going to cry and i'm at school *wails*

OH btw...Larry playing drums with Garbage...awesome!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Oh good...I'm glad I'm not the only one who is sad by this...I was online between 11 and 12 and I was like to my friends, "guys...the elevation tour is over!" they didn't seem to care...oh well. I woke up today and was like, boy what is it going to be like without a U2 tour...lol. (side note...I'm listening to "Kite" right now and just sang "I know this is not goodbye") So anyway, it was a great, wonderful all those postive adjectives tour...and I would like to thank them for giving me some of the best moments of my life...so thank you Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry...you ROCK! okay...my rambling is done...

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

IM me: ghettopoptart83

Girls, would u like me to drive down to Bonos house and tell him just how much you miss him? Would u like me to tell him that 50 of u are beggin for him to go back to America and this time were nothing but rubber underwear? Would u like me to express to him how thankful u are for the group playing there longer and that u want them back next Jan pronto?

shall I?
shall I?

ah but, one ting, if I do this...I gotta give him over 50 hugs and kisses on ur behalves!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by mad1:
Girls, would u like me to drive down to Bonos house and tell him just how much you miss him? Would u like me to tell him that 50 of u are beggin for him to go back to America and this time were nothing but rubber underwear? Would u like me to express to him how thankful u are for the group playing there longer and that u want them back next Jan pronto?

shall I?
shall I?

ah but, one ting, if I do this...I gotta give him over 50 hugs and kisses on ur behalves!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Add a hug and kiss for me ... I want U2 to come back to Milwaukee!

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

Originally posted by mad1:

shall I?
shall I?

LOL!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yes, please do hon-but, could you PLEASE go to Larry's and Edge's houses, just for me
wink.gif
, and give them hugs and kisses, invite them to come here so I can hug and kiss them too!!

Oh, and please tell them I want them in nothing but 'rubber underwear' too
eek.gif

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 12-03-2001).]

Aaaahhhh....you beat me to it Disco!
biggrin.gif

I'd thought about doing just such a thread to post about our 'thoughts on the tour & what it meant to us'......looks like we are doing just that!
smile.gif

I was also feeling blue last evening...fortunatley it did not last too long. Back in 97, I never thought anything could beat the joy and excitement of PoPmart (or grabbing Bono's arse!)...we had great seats (except we were in the middle...too far from Adam)
frown.gif
and the atmosphere of love in the building was palpable!
I was elated to be in Houston because I'd already resigned myself to missing the shows because my school schedule was so rough. Two weeks before the Houston show...after doing some late night studying and watching 'Legends' on VH1, the moment when Larry said, "We know this has to end someday, tour less, record less (sorry to paraphrase), I thought....no way I can miss this....it could be the last time! So I got my tkt and though the seats were not the great (up high & on Edge's side)
frown.gif
we had a great time at the show, my sister even cried!
Then the chance to be in the heart for the 3rd leg.....I had to be there and get Adam to notice me. Well, I was lucky to be in the heart for my last U2 show this tour and for a few hours, Adam did know who I was! He graciously smiled at me and even winked a couple of times, I could not believe it. I have a feeling he'd know me if he ever saw me again *keeps fingers crossed for next summer*....
I am glad that many of you ladies had the chance to meet the band...*keeps fingers crossed for myself*....I know they need a break to be with their families, but I CAN'T WAIT to do it all over again!
biggrin.gif

U2 ROCKS!!!!!!!

------------------
"She is the avalanche...She is the thunder....She is the waves...And she pulls me under..."

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*
Adam's Press Secretary/Personal Assistant

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
I know they need a break to be with their families

Heck, I think it's more like Bono's elevation needs a rest!

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

Yeah!!! You can go to Larry's house and be like...

Maddie:*knock knock*

Ann:*Opens door and looks at Maddie* Yes *pauses* May I help you?

Maddie: Em, yes i'm here to see Larry please.

Ann:*turns around* Larry this young girl is here to see you!

Larry:*stops* Young girl? Oh no, please don't let it be another crazed fan.

Maddie:*smiles* Hi, Larry I have a message for you from Mullen Girl.

Larry:*swallows hard* Ok, what is it?

Maddie:*jumps on Larry, attacks him with kisses, defiles him a few times, tears open his pants, makes his buttons pop off his shirt, takes pictures of his man boobs (up close) and stands up* Ok, thank you Larry, have a nice day *walks off giggling*

Larry:*on the ground* What the hell was that??

Ann:*smiles* Yep another crazed fanatic

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Back