Wow - flashback just found these

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

icelady

War Child
In the chest in my attic underneath all the dust
When I was younger and into the whole buying everything I could find that was U2 related, and the first boot I bought was Live at Brixton Academy which I thought was awesome. I still think it's my favourite...anyhow I came across these from the gig and thought I'd share
1084.jpg

1284.jpg

1784.jpg

1884.jpg

284.jpg

2984.jpg

3084.jpg

thought I'd indulge myself
Carry on

WOW!! So awesome I'm blown away! That is so cool and I'm glad you're finding all your old stuff. More!
smile.gif

Icelady, do you ever feel like this, I have been wanting to ask someone who has liked them as long as I have. It's weird sometimes, looking at Bono singing, and thinking about young Bono and, well I don't know, sometimes it's just like he's the same guy and sometimes I just can't believe it's the same U2 I fell for back in the 80's. Sometimes in concert I could see glimpses of the past, and sometimes I had a hard time believing it's the same guys, all these years later! I know I'm just rambling, I don't know how to explain it, it's just this feeling I get sometimes. When I look at that pic you just posted of Bono with his mouth wide open, it looks just like Bono now, and yet, I'm still like, no that's not the same band, is it? It's like, different, but the same! It's computers....San Dimas High School Football rules!
smile.gif
(Bill and Ted quote from the jock who realized he couldn't explain what he was trying to say)
wink.gif

Anyhow back to the treasure chest!

Yeah ... fun pictures.

Mmmmmmm ... sweaty Bono in his cute boots!

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

eek.gif
those are great piccies icelady!
you know, the funny thing is that Larry looks exactly the same as he does now!?!
biggrin.gif

------------------
sunlight, sunlight fills my room
it's sharp and it's clear
but nothing at all like the moon..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
WOW!! So awesome I'm blown away! That is so cool and I'm glad you're finding all your old stuff. More!
smile.gif

Icelady, do you ever feel like this, I have been wanting to ask someone who has liked them as long as I have. It's weird sometimes, looking at Bono singing, and thinking about young Bono and, well I don't know, sometimes it's just like he's the same guy and sometimes I just can't believe it's the same U2 I fell for back in the 80's. Sometimes in concert I could see glimpses of the past, and sometimes I had a hard time believing it's the same guys, all these years later! I know I'm just rambling, I don't know how to explain it, it's just this feeling I get sometimes. When I look at that pic you just posted of Bono with his mouth wide open, it looks just like Bono now, and yet, I'm still like, no that's not the same band, is it? It's like, different, but the same! It's computers....San Dimas High School Football rules!
smile.gif
(Bill and Ted quote from the jock who realized he couldn't explain what he was trying to say)
wink.gif

Anyhow back to the treasure chest!

Well, I just look at it as evolution I guess. Times change, people change, at least you hope they do. You hope they grow as individuals.

Growing up and liking them now as opposed to liking them now I don't think makes any difference. The only difference is time. Back then I used to be like most on this forum. You sort of obsess for lack of a better word. But that was then.

At this point in my life although I still enjoy their music and their looks!
smile.gif
it certainly doesn't start and end with U2. I have grown and matured and priorities change. I'd like to think that at the end of the day they are no different than you or I. They have a job - albeit a little more exciting then mine, they have a life, they have a family.

I think the only thing that maybe stays constant would be mannerisms and his mannerisms although they have changed somewhat are still the same - the crossing feet, the standing on toes, the grabbing of his arm, the long sleeves. So maybe in seeing his mannerisms you see him as the same then and now....

Now you have me babbling on.....

I'll post some more for you in a sec

Yes it was! WOW! FANTASTIC PICS!!
smile.gif

You're right about the mannerisms, it's the little faces they make, the way they move, the way Bono runs his hands back through his hair that bring back memories of young U2. I do miss the heeled boots and the way he used to strut and prance his legs in them. These clodhoppers he's wearing now just take away from his sexy walk. But hey the rest of him looks so good I won't complain! It's not so much just the way they look I meant when I was rambling on, it's just a weird thing I can't really put into words- I know it's them, and they're here as they were there, but sometimes when I think of those boys and the way it was back then, it's just so overwhelming to realize these are the same people. But they are.

I had been thinking something had been missing from Bono's eyes, but recently it has returned. It's strange that I thought that because I just read an article where Bono said he went to see a display of pics of him in a room, and when he looked at young Bono and then later pics he could see something missing from his eyes! He said there was something in him he had spent years trying to kill, then realized it was a good thing after all. He said if he could go back and talk to the young man he was, he would tell him he was right!

icon35.gif
icon22.gif
eek.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

You've made me a very happy Kitten and I'm purring! Those about made my eyes bug out and my computer self destruct from the extreme hotness! AWESOME! I'm drooling like a Basset Hound all over the keyboard!!

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 12-14-2001).]

AAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I can't take it any more either he's too gorgeous!!

*THUD*

You sure hit the jackpot! WOW!

Originally posted by icelady:
OH MY GGGGOOOOOODDDDD lookie here
1m.jpg

****drops dead****
Oooooooohhhhhh!!!! Baby Bono!! what a cutie!!! *swoons*

------------------
sunlight, sunlight fills my room
it's sharp and it's clear
but nothing at all like the moon..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

*Jumping for joy*
smile.gif
Wherever you are finding these stay there! Thank you for such a glorious display! Any more will be loved and appreciated!
smile.gif

Originally posted by icelady:
are you ready
9m.jpg

8m.jpg

OMG!!OMG!!OMG!! These are wonderful!!!! I can't control myself! Someone help me!!!! *combusts*

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono
"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet." - Bono
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono

::Sherry stomps her feet:

Okay, Icy, FESS UP! You're actually Ali, aren't you?
smile.gif
How eles could you come up with these treasures???

Holy drool! Wowowowow and thank you! Just wanted to make sure you know I appreciate this. Oh, and congrats on your War Child status. If I had any pics that weren't from you and Kitten, I'd post 'em. LOL

Whats now left of,
SD

Originally posted by Sherry Darling:
::Sherry stomps her feet:

Okay, Icy, FESS UP! You're actually Ali, aren't you?
smile.gif
How eles could you come up with these treasures???

Holy drool! Wowowowow and thank you! Just wanted to make sure you know I appreciate this. Oh, and congrats on your War Child status. If I had any pics that weren't from you and Kitten, I'd post 'em. LOL

Whats now left of,
SD

SD - you are hilarious! I told you I was re-opening my chest and sometimes it even surprises me what I find in there!

Glad you like...

That one...you know the one...with Blue Eyes Bono tipping his hat?

Well, if the one Kitty's always posting for me is Lennnon Bono, the one I described above...is Sinatra!Bono.
smile.gif

::drooooooollll::

SD

Originally posted by Sherry Darling:

Well, if the one Kitty's always posting for me is Lennnon Bono, the one I described above...is Sinatra!Bono.
smile.gif

::drooooooollll::

SD

Which pic is the Lennon Bono??? *very curious* Someone please post...

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono
"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet." - Bono
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono

Those pics are incredible!!! It's rare that I see a pic I haven't seen before!

For some reason (which cannot be explained), I think the pics of Bono with his mullet are the best... I mean look at this face!

9m.jpg

1m.jpg

How can one resist such cuteness!!! *sigh*

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"- Bono on May 28th after rolling around with me :)

Back
Top Bottom