Would you girls please explain something to me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ODB

The Fly
I am perplexed. Please explain, what is it that attracts young, pretty girls to a bunch of short, wrinkled, dumpy, pale, homely, middle-aged Irishmen?

I'm not gay, so it's not like I'm interested but just observing I don't see anything particularly good looking about any of them. Adam looks like a 50 year old accountant and his face is worn and leathery. Edge appears to be your average everyday factory worker returning from his job. I seriously doubt any of you would look at any of them twice if they were walking down the street past you and they weren't famous and you had no bloody idea who the feck they were. Think about that. If they weren't U2 would any of them be sexy to you? I have seen the pics of some of you girls and you are hot. Would you not prefer a nice looking guy more your own age? Please do not tell me anyone in your club would really do them! I don't want to be shitty. I'm a fan of U2 the band but I fail to see anything about their looks that would cause girls to fall all over them. Would each of you please explain to me what it is that does it for you? I am at a loss.

uhoh. You are either very brave or extremely foolhardy to post something like that in a place like PLEBA.

But since you asked. I can only speak for myself, but for me it is the knowledge that these guys are amazing human beings, that they give of their time and their energy to help others, that they love their wives and families, and in the case of Bono, that he is doing something to change the world, that really makes them all the more attractive. That and they're cute to begin with, imo.

You, sir Troll, have offended me.

as you stated: "a bunch of short, wrinkled, dumpy, pale, homely, middle-aged Irishmen"

You come on this board knowing full well what kind of people you're dealing with. The number of posts on your name tells me that you haven't been here very long, or you're someone who has been here for a while and you want to get a few jollies out of pissing off people.

Whatever floats your boat, dude.

Your post smacks of Passive/Agressive-ism. "Look, I'm not gay, and you girls are so hot, why are you looking at a bunch of old men when you could be looking at me?" I don't want to cause any trouble, blah blah blah.

Cause any trouble my ass. The fact that you started out your message with all those adjectives describing U2 in a way that is unfamiliar to me... that's just asking for it. If you want to get to know us because you think some of us are cute, this isn't the way to do it.

As for being attracted to men who are twice my age? Ehm, no... they're not twice my age. I find them attractive not only because they *are* good looking Irish men, but because of all they have done over the last two decades to help others. Have you even met U2? Have you even been to their concerts? Do you even know what it's like to be so moved by their music that standing in line all day in the hot sun is just a part of the concert experience? Or are you just a casual fan. Eh, seems to me you're a troll.

You need to get your head out of your butt and figure this out. You're sitting there wondering why it's dark.

Moonie
mad.gif

Uh Oh,

You are a brave brave man coming and posting this, or you're just trying to start trouble.

BONO is HOT
EDGE is HOT
LARRY is HOT
ADAM is HOT

Need I say more???????

I suggest you find a good place to hide once some of the other girls see this.

PLEBA is a very happy place....

We like it here, those who don't know where the door is.

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

Someday you too will be wrinkled, dumpy, pale, homely and middle-aged...and I hope your wife/lover/girlfriend gives you the same treatment you just gave U2 and DUMPS your sorry ass for someone younger, less wrinkled, with a really dark tan.

Now please explain to me which member of U2 fits this description? Larry???? Get your eyes checked man. When did 42 become middle-age? And what does being an Irishman have to with it? Are young women only supposed to be attracted to 20 year old, tall Americans who tan???

I hope you aren't this shallow in you own relationships.

And you knew what you were starting when you posted here so don't come back complaining about the flaming you're gonna get.

**edited for typo only...I stand by what I said
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 04-18-2002).]

Originally posted by ODB:
I am perplexed. Please explain, what is it that attracts young, pretty girls to a bunch of short, wrinkled, dumpy, pale, homely, middle-aged Irishmen?

icon23.gif

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Adam looks like a 50 year old accountant
that's not too bad

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 04-18-2002).]

On second thought...

Instead of being angry.... I'm gonna turn this thread into a LOVE FEST

Why I love U2:

Over my many years of being a music fan, U2 has been the cornerstone of that love. There is the simple joy in being in your car and singing along at the top of your lungs. There is the way my heart skips a beat when I turn on the radio and hear one of their songs being played. There is the way that if things are looking bad, you can put on Beautiful Day and you realize that maybe things aren't as dark. It is the way that their music is so elastic that it fits your emotional needs. It is the connection, that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach, that you can't truly put into words, but you know it's there. It is the pure poetry of the lyric mixed with the humanity of the music that makes U2 great. It is these things that make Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam beautiful. It also doesn't hurt that they are good looking too
wink.gif

I will be back with pictures

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

I'm sure that Bono is the type of man that was born to be noticed.

Wether is by his brains, the looks, his charisma, energy, transparency, magnetism, power, etc etc. He's attractive in more than 1960 ways...

Period.
biggrin.gif

------------------
If Bono were a woman, I'd shirley be a lesbian- ME!

Originally posted by Bjork:
I wish I could slap you. Too bad we're on the internet.

LMAO !!

Um, btw.. Larry is GORGEOUS. Definatly need your eyes checked.

333%3C377923232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A%3A3%3E569%3EWSNRCG%3D3232386897987nu0mrj

Hey ODB I remember you ! You're the one who said my brother looked like a big nerd in that pic of him and me...
rolleyes.gif

I like U2 because they're a bunch of decent, caring, intelligent and funny guys who make great music. I like their quirky looks: it's much more attractive than male models.

------------------
"I can resist everything except temptation."
Oscar Wilde

Actually Im not angry at all about ODB postin this and asking.....I know exactly why and what he means.....

yes......I do........

and he is right about U2 not being U2....only when pple are out there in the limelight, the media, do we notice them.....then think about them.......gain a growing crush on them....and turn out adoring/loving them..........ya know?

I do know what he means there......

As for calling them all he did........hes just trying to find out why, as maybe he sees it as a not natural state/circumstance........

why arent we into men our own age?

well look, havent over half of us shown that in the 'actors' thread???

smile.gif

oh and some of us are in a relationship........

I like Bono cause hes cute..........very cute..........
smile.gif

Ah shit daisy.. lol..

I need to investigate further.. haha.

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 04-18-2002).]

I'm not gay, so it's not like I'm interested but just observing I don't see anything particularly good looking about any of them. Adam looks like a 50 year old accountant and his face is worn and leathery. Edge appears to be your average everyday factory worker returning from his job. I seriously doubt any of you would look at any of them twice if they were walking down the street past you and they weren't famous and you had no bloody idea who the feck they were. Think about that. If they weren't U2 would any of them be sexy to you? I have seen the pics of some of you girls and you are hot. Would you not prefer a nice looking guy more your own age? Please do not tell me anyone in your club would really do them! I don't want to be shitty. I'm a fan of U2 the band but I fail to see anything about their looks that would cause girls to fall all over them. Would each of you please explain to me what it is that does it for you? I am at a loss.

You're just jealous that 4 sexy Mofo, talented,wonderful guys from Ireland are loved, looked up to and admired by so many of us sexy Goddesses who not only lust after them for their looks but by what they've done in the world.
tongue.gif

ok i'm done.

------------------
Fear Not..For I'll Be Watching You. And I know what you're all thinking. FOR SHAME!!

This is interesting. I think someone is just jealous and doesn't get enough loving.
eek.gif
I am one who has been adoring them since they were young (Bono and Larry Bear~Cub!)and I have aged right along with them so it makes no difference to me how old they are. I have wondered what makes teenagers swoon over them, I mean the ones just becoming fans. Then I take a look at today's crop of young rock stars and go..oh. No wonder U2 looks so good!
biggrin.gif

Let me ask YOU something- how come the only time guys venture into PLEBA is to ask ridiculous questions like this??

Why don't guys once in a while just pop in to say hi, read some of our GOOD threads we have here, or even
eek.gif
comment on the guys style or something...

oh well lol. these threads always amuse me.

Plus I love the rsoc girl's responses. hehee I *knew* AM's response even before I read it.

------------------
I'm honey child to a swarm of bees
Gonna blow right through you like a breeze

U2 Take Me Higher
Macphisto's Mansion

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 04-18-2002).]

Why do I love U2? Well when I saw the SATS video I did not know who were they and I immediately fell in love with Adam. Then I got to know them and my love became stronger and stronger. And you come here and call them 'middle-aged Irishmen', which hurt me a lot.
frown.gif
If I had seen Adam in the street, in the crowd before I became a fan I would have had a crush on him. Well I think that each person has his/her own taste. And that's really good for everyone. Do you think it will be good if everyone would love the same type of ppl??? I don't think so.

BTW we have our own lives and we have relationships with guys of our own age, BUT when I come here, to Interference I'm change and it is really good to have daydreams. Who does not love it?????????????????????

This:
ne28.jpg

and this:
08.jpg

and this:
new04.jpg

and lastly this:
adam_015.jpg

I'm not gay,

That's probably the other reason you don't find them attractive.

Hey girls, let's turn this negative thread into a positive thread by posting HOT pics of the guys!!!

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

OMG. lol I can't read the whole thread right now but I want to say something. First, the guys my age are 16.
tongue.gif
Second, the fact that I'm not attracted to many other guys beyond U2 and not that I am attracted to U2 would be my arguement on whether I would check them out on the street. Meaning,
wink.gif
I would check them out.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
This is interesting. I think someone is just jealous and doesn't get enough loving.
eek.gif
I am one who has been adoring them since they were young (Bono and Larry Bear~Cub!)and I have aged right along with them so it makes no difference to me how old they are. I have wondered what makes teenagers swoon over them, I mean the ones just becoming fans. Then I take a look at today's crop of young rock stars and go..oh. No wonder U2 looks so good!
biggrin.gif

Ditto for me...I have been loving them since I was 14 or 15 which would have been around 1980/1981. I have certainly aged right along with them since then and I must admit, they have aged pretty damn well.

Another thing that is kinda bugging me...why does age matter when you're attracted to someone? Why do we have to be interested only in people our own age? What is the cut-off...5 years older, 10 years? I met Rick when I was 21 and he was 36. His age didn't mean squat to me and I'm still just as attracted to him now as I was 14 years ago. Against all odds, we are still together and plan to be for the rest of our lives.

I don't recommend that underaged girls have sex with men in their 40's but I think lusting after the guys in U2 is a pretty healthy outlet compared to what else is out there right now.

And remember girls, ODB is in love with Andrea Corr...maybe he's a wee bit jealous that Bono had his old, pale, wrinkly hands all over his dreamgirl recently
biggrin.gif

I think U2loopy pretty much covered it. You are entitled to your opinion ODB but be sure, we will never agree with ya
tongue.gif

Adam looks like a 50 year old accountantso? I think he looks like a professor or something..
wink.gif

and his face is worn and leathery. no it isn't. Keith Richard's face is worn out.. so much so that it looks like a scrotum!

you're entitled to your opinion. I think you're just jealous.

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

Back
Top Bottom