Would you girls please explain something to me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
Yeah, Stormy is right. Why do you care how much time anyone spends here? Worry about yourself and don't come here if it irritates you.

No he shouldn't!
mad.gif
*holds temper*
icon38.gif

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

~**The LONE She-Wolf of PLEBA!**~

Does anyone remember a quote by Jay Mohr (i think that's who it was). He said something like even men would like to go to bed with Bono because he is so cool.

I don't know what it is about them, I guess the overall package, but I think all 4 guys are extremely sexy. If they were not famous and I saw them walking on the street, probably only Bono and Larry would get a second look from me. They are very hot!

There are a lot of actors who are considered "hot" and are around 40 or older. Such as, Tom Cruise (39), Pierce Brosman, Hugh Grant and Dennis Quaid.

I really believe that just because you are older, you cannot be considered good looking or "hot".

[This message has been edited by dipster (edited 04-19-2002).]

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
No he shouldn't!
mad.gif
*holds temper*
icon38.gif

What???? I told him NOT to come if it irritates him...did I say something wrong or am I misinterpreting your post
confused.gif

What???? I told him NOT to come if it irritates him...did I say something wrong or am I misinterpreting your post
confused.gif

I think Stormy means that he shouldn't come in here, she was agreeing with you.

I thought the same thing you did at first.

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

Originally posted by daisybean:

I think Stormy means that he shouldn't come in here, she was agreeing with you.

I thought the same thing you did at first.

biggrin.gif
Okay, I feel better...I thought I said something wrong. Thanks Daisy!

confused.gif

Oh I am VERY sorry he has come here.
rolleyes.gif
That's all I'm going to say. He might come back and read what I'd really like to say.

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 04-19-2002).]

I think it was so nice of ODB to assume I'm a pretty young thing and that U2 is older than I am...
biggrin.gif

The truth is...I'm a pretty thing the same age as the band...in fact they are a little (not much!) younger than me..

So I guess the reason I think they are good looking should be obvious...
biggrin.gif

dream wanderer

Originally posted by ODB:
Kristie I think was most honest when she just admitted to being weird and likeing old guys. That might just be it. It was seeing the pic of Kristie and imagining her in the arms of withered elderly Adam Clayton that inspired this post. Good day ladies.

DUDE
I'm.... flattered, in a really weird way, hehe
Believe you me, imagining myself in the arms of withered elderly Adam Clayton has gotten me through many a boring class
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Okay, here's my other two cents on this. I can see where ODB is coming from in this thread. I'm sure you ladies have had a friend that thought some guy was really hot and you just didn't see it, and you wondered "What DOES she see in him?" ODB obviously doesn't think our boys are that great looking and I think (in his first post) he was curious as to what about them makes us spend so many hours drooling. He joost went about asking the totally wrong way
wink.gif

For example, NONE of my real life friends see what I find so sexy about Lord Adam. It's extremely difficult to explain, so I just give up and they just smile and nod at me. My convert-in-progress Melody saw my Pocket Adam... her comment: He looks old. I shrugged and put him back in my pocket. If that's her opinion, then so be it, ya know? She does understand the Aura of Sexiness though... and I don't like her boyfriend very much so it's an even trade
wink.gif

Anyway, we already know PLEBA chicks aren't rational. We obsess over a band with a weird name and then get on the internet and post at people we've never met about how hot the members of the band are!
AND WE LOVE IT!

The End

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

I am perplexed. Please explain, what is it that attracts young, pretty girls to a bunch of short, wrinkled, dumpy, pale, homely, middle-aged Irishmen?

If you knew about this forum, and how most of us believe U2 is 'hot,' why come in here and post comments like that? They seem quite offensive, perhaps they weren't meant to be so harsh. Your entire post was devoted to asking 'why do hot girls go for those ugly guys of U2.' Interesting.

U2 are a rock band (and a very good one at that). Naturally, rock music and rock stars have always appealed to the public. Rock stars have music that brings together a wide range of people. That group of people includes girls, some, who you describe with 'hot.'
rolleyes.gif
Anyway, it's only natural for a girl to like a member of a rock band. Visit any other band's forum, and I'm sure you'd see lots of threads dedicated to 'enter-star-name-here'.

Don't forget that people's tastes of cute/hot/sexy differ. Some people find Tom Cruise appealing, others don't. It's all a matter of personal taste. Interference is a huge board, with many people from all over. Naturally, if you devote an entire forum to 'Paul, Larry, Edge, Bono, Adam,' the majority of people here are going to talk about them. And since the majority of people here are girls, it only makes sense that girls are going to discuss PLEBA! Well, not so much the P. He isn't a rock star.

Ehm.. I don't even know if you're still checking out this thread. So, because of this, I hope this thread fades out into oblivion... I didn't want it to before I left my own little bit of reasoning behind why we all chat about U2. If you wanted my own opinion, I'd tell you U2 were cute. Not as much as some other younger bands (call me a traitor and die!) and actors, but they are very high on the sexiness factor.
biggrin.gif
Why? They're entire personality, at least presented by the media, is appealing. Talent+Looks+Personality = Dream-Guy.

If they were walking down the street and I didn't know who the feck they were, I most likely wouldn't notice them. Why? I wouldn't know their personality that much. I wouldn't know that they cared so much about other people (debt relief for 3rd world countries!), managed to change so many people's lives (mine included). They also wouldn't be the band we all know and love today, they wouldn't be famous for their artistic talent.

------------------
after years of waiting nothing came
you realize you're looking in the wrong place

Originally posted by u2loopy:
Wow, ODB is so involved in this thread.
rolleyes.gif

Unlike SOME people I do not have time to stay on here all day. I do know some of the ones who come here and one in particular spends far too much time here and needs to get the fuck off!!!!!!!!! She knows who she is. As for the rest of you it seems some others spend too much time here and some of you are doing this from work how do you do it? It's bad enough neglecting your duties at home. Isn't anybody ashamed of the decadence? It could happen to you, as it has happened to the person I speak of. Someone could be looking into your computer history, seeing where you go, what you look at and all the links you click on. They could be lurking and watching what you do. Busted! You could even be caught in the act. Would you be embarrassed? Think about it. Have you no shame?

Kristie dear you are hot. I believe you could get a guy much better looking than Adam and younger too. Even an old guy better looking than Adam. Have you considered that he will be truly elderly and sickly while you are still a young woman? Elaine269, are there not any boys nearer your own age you like you are attracted too but somewhere there must be one or two with enough looks and mental capacity to satisfy you. Keep looking.

Some of you girls are very passionate about your feelings and I respect that. The one thing I cannot respect is the ones of you who say you only love them for their personality. That does not show up in "hot pics" and nobody wants to tie up and *defile* a personality. Get real. You have sexual attraction for them though I cannot understand why. I only saw one girl admit she would not be attracted to them walking down the street if she didn't know who they were. I don't think any of you really would but we will never know because they are U2. I will have to live with your explainations because you must feel that way or you wouldn't have bothered to post. I do thank you for your response.

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
Let me ask YOU something- how come the only time guys venture into PLEBA is to ask ridiculous questions like this??

Hey! I'm a guy and I say "nice things" in this forum. I have never judged any of you. In fact, PLEBA is one of my favorite forums (of course, it's really all about the charts
wink.gif
).

I think they are all good-looking men and I can easily see why any woman would be attracted to them - on so many levels.

*edited typo

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 04-19-2002).]

Unlike SOME people I do not have time to stay on here all day. I do know some of the ones who come here and one in particular spends far too much time here and needs to get the fuck off!!!!!!!!! She knows who she is. As for the rest of you it seems some others spend too much time here and some of you are doing this from work how do you do it? It's bad enough neglecting your duties at home. Isn't anybody ashamed of the decadence? It could happen to you, as it has happened to the person I speak of. Someone could be looking into your computer history, seeing where you go, what you look at and all the links you click on. They could be lurking and watching what you do. Busted! You could even be caught in the act. Would you be embarrassed? Think about it. Have you no shame?

Don't even try to preach to me about what I do on my own time. I am 35 years old and if I wanted to stay here 24 hours a day, that's on me. Mind your own business. I am my own boss therefore, I make my hours and decide how much time I spend on the internet. As long as my bills are paid and my family taken care of, I can do whatever I please. You need to stop worrying so much about what other people are doing. Maybe you need to "get the fuck off."

ODB, If you have a problem with someone you know personally, then maybe you should take that up with them in PRIVATE.

I am really getting fed up with people thinking that everything that goes on in PLEBA is below them.

Do the threads of sympathy to people that are hurting, and threads of encouragement, and threads of congratulations to others, just seem to pass you by???

I have to stop now because this 37 year old single woman is going out and hopefully I will find a 41 year old sexy, flaming hot Irishman to *DEFILE*.

I'm a single mom that never ever gets a chance to go out as an adult. So if anyone needs to *defile* someone it's me. Call me DrWho
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

<---- *giddy just because i get to dress up and go out*

Unlike SOME people I do not have time to stay on here all day. I do know some of the ones who come here and one in particular spends far too much time here and needs to get the fuck off!!!!!!!!! She knows who she is.

I know this is a late response, because *GASP* I'm so busy that I didn't have time to read this until now. *Double GASP*

Give me a fucking break. You don't know of what you speak. Dude, I would suggest *READING* your posts before you send them.

You just said that you don't have time to spend on here all day long? Well, how the hell are you reading these responses, then? What, you're printing them out to read them in your very rare spare time because you're so busy doing other things? Shyeah, right. And monkeys might fly out of my butt.

You never addressed my comment... gee, it was the second post on the first page and the first post on the second page! How could you miss that? You are acting like a freakin' troll. Do you know what a troll is? A troll is someone who likes to stir up trouble on message boards/lists and then sit back and watch the fur fly. You act like you don't have the time to read all these posts, and yet, you say that you've noticed there are people on this board who spend too much time on it and should get the fuck off? Oh, that is soooooo funny. So much a double standard. It smacks of it. The only way you know that this person spends too much time on this list is if you SPEND THE TIME yourself looking/reading the posts this person sends. Don't you see? You're spending time here! Time you don't have. Run! Run! You're precious time is fast running through the hour glass! Oh no.
rolleyes.gif

Since I seem to have so much time on my hands, I went and did a search to see what other pleasant things you had to say. Imagine my surprise when you started taking potshots at Adam and generally being a pain in the ass to others. Why must you spend your precious spare time causing others grief? Oh, yeah.... I forgot.

You're a troll.

Moonie

I like Moonie am late because of my JOB...

damn that work thing, it cuts into my interference habit
wink.gif

However, if you have a problem with a particular person take it up in private. Don't dirty this board with your own vendettas.

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

Kristie dear you are hot. I believe you could get a guy much better looking than Adam and younger too. Even an old guy better looking than Adam. Have you considered that he will be truly elderly and sickly while you are still a young woman? Elaine269, are there not any boys nearer your own age you like you are attracted too but somewhere there must be one or two with enough looks and mental capacity to satisfy you. Keep looking.

wow. i have never heard anything more SHALLOW in my entire life. at first i was mad, but now i just PITY YOU AND EVERYONE LIKE YOU! what a sad world we live in...

------------------
love is blindness
i don't want to see
won't you wrap the night around me
o my heart
love is blindness

I'm smiling as I type this so its not to be taken in way other than as an honest question but are we arguing with each Stormy? I'm a little confused with who is bugging you, me or ODB. I don't want to argue with you so if its me, please tell me and I'll stop. I'm just having trouble interpeting who the
icon15.gif
is meant for.

I'm smiling as I type this so its not to be taken in way other than as an honest question but are we arguing with each Stormy? I'm a little confused with who is bugging you, me or ODB. I don't want to argue with you so if its me, please tell me and I'll stop. I'm just having trouble interpeting who the
icon15.gif
is meant for.

It is ODB.

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 04-19-2002).]

Wow, ODB is so involved in this thread.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Would you not prefer a nice looking guy more your own age?

im 16, which makes any guy my age a teenage boy i wonder if u have met ne teenages boys recently cuz if u have u will no the they are the most ignorant race of beings ever invented. then again maybe u, yourself are a teenage guy. that would explain so much.

------------------
i'm already gone, felt that way all along

u glorify the past while the future dries up.

ok let a man take care of this.
adam is a normal guy and so is edge.larry is a good looking guy.BONO has to be the best looking rock star or person out there.
i met adam and bono is person.
dude check out the u2 videos.ONE(the drag version)the Fly, or any u2 gigs.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES
i dont want to be a pinhead no more.

more videos. lemon,numb,where the streets have no name. still havent found,wild horses,pride,night and day and many more.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES
i dont want to be a pinhead no more.

[This message has been edited by shaun vox (edited 04-20-2002).]

Um, just because we find the members of U2 attractive and enjoy admiring hot pics of them does not mean we harbor delusions of actually being WITH them, either sexually or in terms of a relationship. I think we realize that we are capable of getting other guys. The stuff we talk about here is *fantasy*. And I think we're entitled to fantasize about anyone we damn well please, whether you understand it or not.

That is all.

Back
Top Bottom