Would you date a generic Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BONO'ppetit

War Child
...just b'c he looked like Bono? I'd have to say no. Half of Bono's allure is his personality and looks alone would make him (the fake Bono) a very disappointing date--b'c there's only one Bono. My answer is no.

Last edited:
PublicNewSense said:
...just b'c he looked like Bono? I'd have to say no. Half of Bono's allure is his personality and looks alone would make him (the fake Bono) a very disappointing date--b'c there's only one Bono. My answer is no.

...do we know what he's REALLY like?? We're just familiar with the celebrity side of him....I mean we don't know what goes on "behind closed doors"....of course I'd volunteer to find out.... :drool:

Re: Re: Would you date a generic Bono

MsGiggles said:

...do we know what he's REALLY like?? We're just familiar with the celebrity side of him....I mean we don't know what goes on "behind closed doors"....of course I'd volunteer to find out.... :drool:
You don't know what goes on behind closed doors but you can see what his personality is like. His causes show what a humanitarian he is. He's got to be an energetic person to do all this stuff. His wife staying with him all this time says a lot about him....shall I go on?
icon39.gif

I'm naturally (or maybe not so naturally...) attracted to guys with longer dark hair. But I don't think that alone would make me think, "Gee, this guy is just like Bono. Screw you, Ali!"

Bono is Bono because of his personality and values, not because of what he looks like.

Well, if he were just DIFFERENT, maybe. If he had no personality, absolutely not. I think the sexiest thing about him physically is his scar (I'm weird like that) and this generic Bono, not having many wet stages to flounce around on, probably wouldn't have a scar. But if we're talking about alternate universe here, he'd have an Edge!goatee and we couldn't see the scar anyway :lol: Wow, that's dating myself.

madonna's child said:

Bono is Bono because of his personality and values, not because of what he looks like.

I'd have to be attracted to the person for all the other "right" reasons, looking like Bono or anyone else would have nothing to do w/ it.

I agree that half of Bono's allure is his personality. I wouldnt be so enamored with him if he was just a big ass hole, or a womanizer.
Its all the things that make up Bono that keep us listening to and watching him.
The crappy dance moves :cute:
The oversized shoes, and the swagger that carries them around.
The way he gives his heart to hit the high notes, and gives his heart to other people
....theres tons of things :D

^ :yes: :yes:
(...the way his pants make a very nice sig....:wink: :giggle: )

I agree with what's been said so far. That half of what makes me melt over B is his personality, his heart, his quirks, and all that other loveable stuff. And that secondly, looks aren't what really matters, the guy could be a perfect replica of Bono, but that doesn't mean I'll like him (not that I won't given him a second look :shifty: :wink: ).

Well, I hafta say if he looked like B then I would be more then a little interested. But then reality would hit and I'd know that he wasn't B and I'd probably be disappointed in the said lookalike.

...and anyway, if he looked like B and knew that he looked like B he'd probably be too full of himself....ack..

youvedonewhat said:
Well, I hafta say if he looked like B then I would be more then a little interested. But then reality would hit and I'd know that he wasn't B and I'd probably be disappointed in the said lookalike.

...and anyway, if he looked like B and knew that he looked like B he'd probably be too full of himself....ack..

:lmao: @ BrightestStar

I agree with this. I bet if you were with a guy who looked like Bono but didnt have his personality you would end up bitter towards him because hes not what you want him to be :shrug:

u2bonogirl said:

I agree with this. I bet if you were with a guy who looked like Bono but didnt have his personality you would end up bitter towards him because hes not what you want him to be :shrug:
Yep. Bono's ruined it for all generic Bonos.
giggle.gif

u2bonogirl said:

What? :wink: I think his pants are very photogenic...in fact, I think I'd like to get in them...I mean :shifty:....no, thats exactly what I mean. :D

:laugh:

Ok, so generic bono's are out...what about Bono clones? :D

(and don't get scientific with me, I know clones wouldn't be exact replicas, would have to grow up, blah blah blah)

~BrightestStar~ said:

What? :wink: I think his pants are very photogenic...in fact, I think I'd like to get in them...I mean :shifty:....no, thats exactly what I mean. :D

:laugh:

Ok, so generic bono's are out...what about Bono clones? :D

(and don't get scientific with me, I know clones wouldn't be exact replicas, would have to grow up, blah blah blah)

If youre smart enough to make a Bono clone, you can make an age accelerator too :yes: Then you can have a Bono from every era :lol:

His pants are definitely photogenic
And they do look *ahem* comfy

u2bonogirl said:

If youre smart enough to make a Bono clone, you can make an age accelerator too :yes: Then you can have a Bono from every era :lol:

:hmm: Indeed.
*gets to work with Edge like enthusiasm*

His pants are definitely photogenic
And they do look *ahem* comfy

Don't they just? :wink: :drool:

Elsie said:
Hmmm, I don't think the world can handle more than one Bono :wink:

Oh I dunno....I wouldn't mind handling him....:sexywink: :D

Last edited:
hey, there could be an ARMY of Bonos. They could totally take over the American government, and the world bank, and the music industry, and the crisis of infatuated PLEBAns, and basically the entire world! That would be awesome.... for a while... then it would kind of give you a headache :wink: Maybe we can make clones of Edge and Adam and Bono to hold each Bono down. Perfect!

:lol: Yes Im sure we would eventually get sick of Bono if there were too many of him.
And they would all get in fights because they would all think theyre better than one another :wink:

I love the idea of all the Edges adams and larrys to level Bono out :lmao:

Elsie said:
hey, there could be an ARMY of Bonos. They could totally take over the American government, and the world bank, and the music industry, and the crisis of infatuated PLEBAns, and basically the entire world! That would be awesome.... for a while... then it would kind of give you a headache :wink: Maybe we can make clones of Edge and Adam and Bono to hold each Bono down. Perfect!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Can we? Can we? Please?!?

Every girl deserves a Bono of her very own...:wink:

(Or an Edge, Adam or Larry if they prefer...)

~BrightestStar~ said:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Can we? Can we? Please?!?

Every girl deserves a Bono of her very own...:wink:

(Or an Edge, Adam or Larry if they prefer...)

I'll take one of each. I need someone to make Bono shut up every once in a while and I sure wont be telling him to :rolleyes:
No really Bono...I love hearing about the world bank at 3 in the morning :yawn:

It should be a package deal. All four of them come together, as a symbiotic entity. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom