WOOHOO!!! I am gonna see Bono!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey'all!! :wave:

Had a great time on Friday!! I am so glad we were able to meet U2forlife, pattip2000, Amy, skjuls, Utoo and other interferencers!

Bono's speech was amazing, and he looked oh so adorable.

My photos didn't come out that well at all. The best was of a very animated Bono that I got off of the screen......

BonoinDC0042.jpg

cruzila said:
Hey'all!! :wave:

Had a great time on Friday!! I am so glad we were able to meet U2forlife, pattip2000, Amy, skjuls, Utoo and other interferencers!

Bono's speech was amazing, and he looked oh so adorable.

My photos didn't come out that well at all. The best was of a very animated Bono that I got off of the screen......

BonoinDC0042.jpg

It was great meeting everyone :hug:

:lol: my best photos came off the screen too

Ralphie said:

I feel your pain guys. I was soooo not happy when I heard I missed Bono by minutes!!! :banghead: Those security people are so not on my Christmas card list this year!

Just curious, since I heard he did stop to talk to fans on the way out and I know there was that reception with the ASA (or whatever it was??) people...no stories anywhere about someone who did meet him? At least so we can get a little vicarious thrill?

I guess it was as he was coming out that garage exit by the P or T Street exit of the hotel. People have posted pics of him coming toward them etc.. (mainly in zootopia)

I am so sad that i missed this!!!!!!!!!!!!! wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!:sad: :sad: :sad:

cruzila said:

Hey Nichole!!

I guess it just wasn't our time to meet the man of the hour. :sad:

Sorry I missed you, but I am soooo glad that you were able to get there in enough time!!!

Hi!! When I saw this post I had a moment of chills and thought...oh my gosh, there's a PLEBA psychic on here, she magically knows my real name! :eeklaugh: Then I saw that it was you and thought, um, duh Nichole! I'm sorry that I missed you too! That whole night was so insane for me it was like a bad sitcom or something...but still...I got to see Bono so it was all good!

And who knows...with as busy as he's been lately, maybe there will be more US Bono events before the next actual tour rolls around. Fingers crossed!

Hiya Patti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wave: :hug:

How are ya recovering from this amazing nite? I am still in awe of the whole thing. It was so great meeting you! Please keep in touch!

A

U2Fanatic4ever said:
Hiya Patti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wave: :hug:

How are ya recovering from this amazing nite? I am still in awe of the whole thing. It was so great meeting you! Please keep in touch!

A

Amy,

I'm doing great, I had a blast Friday. I think the Bono bug has gotten a stronger hold on my after seeing him. I'm glad you gave your gun to U2Dem for safekeeping. I'm disappointed I missed him as well, but it's not the end of the world. Cathy, emailed me that she got to see him as he was leaving, gave him the book she had and got two pictures (I have requested the photographic proof but I'm not sure if she had a digital camera with her). If she sends me the photos I’ll ask her if I can post them here. We should defiantly keep in touch. I’ve been meaning to email but haven’t gotten around to it yet. Sorry!

:hug:

Patti

Hi, everyone, I so wanted to see Bono badly but couldn't get anyone to watch my kids. I wish I would have gotten to meet some of you guys, maybe next time....thanks for posting the pix and stories.:wink:

Galeongirl said:

really cool article! I enjoyed reading it :)

I never knew Bono had an iPod :giggle: what sort does he have?

Bono didn't really say, Galeongirl, but with Steve Jobs as his friend, you know Bono has to have a great one! :wink:

I'm glad that you enjoyed the article.

It is honestly the best report coming out of Bono's appearance before the ASAE that I have yet seen in the media.

Bono - :dancing:

U2democrat said:
Ok I got just over 30 seconds of him talking on the video screen...it's not much but those who were there will probably like it.

http://s46.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=3HNFM4EX32G3O3B4GEECQOKBGK

I really hate to ask this, but I completely forgot to download this when you first posted. Would you please be able to upload it one more time?

Thanks.

was this the 32 seconds video from the Washington speech? I think I downloaded way back when. Lemme know and I can try and re-upload if needed

ETA: I'm uploading it now - give ysi some time for it to come thru :up:

Last edited:
U2democrat said:
:reject:

Sorry I forgot and didn't see the thread when it was bumped...which is odd because I check PLEBA fairly often :scratch::shrug:

I wish I had gotten more video.

Don't worry about it. I'm just thrilled someone got any footage at all. And it really doesn't feel like 3 weeks ago.

Thanks for uploading Lila!

Back
Top Bottom