Window In The Skies Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A very cool vid. Looking for U2 is like Where's Wally. :wink:

windowintheskies.jpg

I so love this video and the idea behind it. U2 paying respect and tribute to all of this artists from yesterday and today is just so awsome! Artistically, this is one of the greatest videos ever made. Still wonder though if there will be another one, since they apparently filmed something in Australia.

Personally I love this video, and I think this is very adequate for the 30th anniversary. For me it says that altough now they are also in the Pantheon of Music Legends, they have not forgotten the reason they started all this: because they were fans of music, and this is still the reason why they are always trying to be better musicians.
The message is beautiful, the video is catchy.
Of course, this is just my two cents....

untitled9.jpg

untitled11.jpg

untitled12.jpg

The screencaps are not very good as I am not a guru of making them at all, but I think they are recognizable.

last unicorn said:
I so love this video and the idea behind it. U2 paying respect and tribute to all of this artists from yesterday and today is just so awsome! Artistically, this is one of the greatest videos ever made. Still wonder though if there will be another one, since they apparently filmed something in Australia.

They filmed the crowd shots in Australia.

I watched this first and forgot to turn my sound up and thought it was not a u2 video and got confused... but once I turned the sound up and replayed it I thought it was brilliant.. probably cos like u2 I can remember the influence those artist's had on my music taste as as well, so I can share the journey with them and made the connection.. Oh that cheered me up no end :heart:

The first few seconds I was like "what the heck?" but after I understood what was going on I really got into it! They packed alot of great artists in a short video! I actually got teary eyed at the end! I liked the guys showing up in the crowd also. I give it a big :up:

can you imagine the work that went into finding and matching all that not to mention working with multiple record companies and estates to get permissions & rights... wow... big job, well worth it though b/c the video is terrific. At first I was like, this stinks, where are the boyz... then I watch it again and was smiling ear to ear...its very sweet

:sigh: I can totally understand the reason for the video, but I've only one question left for U2.... WHY????? :(

I don't like the video at all, but I LOVE the song... it could have been huge... but with a crap video like this, no chance at all!

:sad:

scha said:
Personally I love this video, and I think this is very adequate for the 30th anniversary. For me it says that altough now they are also in the Pantheon of Music Legends, they have not forgotten the reason they started all this: because they were fans of music, and this is still the reason why they are always trying to be better musicians.
Of course, this is just my two cents....

:up: Well said. I love this video! I love how it shows that they are still fans of music as well as being musicians.

Thanks for posting link, Edgette

"soda" from zootopia already has attempted.. here is their list

Frank Zappa
Black Hands/Piano??
Billie Holiday
Simon and Garfunkel
Roy Orbison
Bjork
Black Female Singer??
Bob Marley
Talking Heads (foot tapping)
Louis Armstrong
David Bowie
Drummer??
Bassist-Sid Vicious??
Lou Reed
Frank Sinatra
Bassist??
Kanye West
Mick Jones (The Clash)
Nat King Cole
Drummer??
Keith Moon (The Who)
Zappa???
Black Female Singer??
Black Male Singer??
Marvin Gaye
??
Temptations???
Punk Singer??
Elvis Costello
Ramones
Jimi Hendrix
Drummer???
Nirvana
The Clash
Johnny Cash
Iggy Pop (The Stooges)
Radiohead
Mary J Blige
Jane's Addiction
Elvis Presley
Guitarist (Kurt Cobain)?
BlackMale Singer (Sam Cooke)?
The Smiths
Beck
Beyonce?
Elton John
The Police
Wu Tang Clan???
Arcade Fire (violin!)
Beck
Temptations???
The White Stripes
Parliament-Funkadelic (Bootsy Collins)??
Nirvana
Black Bassist??
Bassist??
Arcade Fire (cymbals)
Keith Richards (Rolling Stones)
Jimi Hendrix
??
The Pretenders
Alicia Keys
Ray Charles
Black Male Singer???
The Clash
Bonzo (Led Zeppelin)
Sam Cooke
Keith Moon (The Who)
David Bowie
Billie Holiday
Black Male Singer??
Elvis Presley
Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin)
Classical Pianist
Ronnie Spector
Dancing Feet??
Dancing Feet??
Bonzo (Led Zeppelin)
MC5
Queen???
Muddy Waters
Black Male Singer???
Beastie Boys???
Black Male Singer???
Talking Heads
Public Enemy???
MC5
Public Enemy
Jerry Lee Lewis
Jay Z
Patti Smith
White Guitarist???
Stevie Wonder (Drumming!)
Nirvana
Guitarist???
Bassist??
Frank Sinatra

scha said:
For me it says that altough now they are also in the Pantheon of Music Legends, they have not forgotten the reason they started all this: because they were fans of music, and this is still the reason why they are always trying to be better musicians.
:yes: those are exactly my thoughts...really like it!!

Back
Top Bottom