Wild thoughts escape site HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intuh

Babyface
hey I love that site, but lately somethings wrong.. al lot of the texts keep flashing on and off... it's really strange.. has anybody got the same problem or does anyone know what I should do or did wrong? I dunno if Honeymufins is on this forum, maybe she knows.. I would soo like to enjoy your site like I did before, cause now it's kinda impossible..

thanks!!

inte

Are you using FireFox now?

If so, switch to another browser if you can. Internet Explorer, AOL, etc.

FireFox makes the text flash.

Does anyone know what is up with that site? It hasn't been updated for so long, and I have something that I'm working on now that would be better suited for WTE than for here (I think - there are parts I could tone down for here, but...it just wouldn't be the same).

Plus, I'm a little unsure as to how many readers here would take the basis of the story (no, I don't mean it's slash - it's not). Hard to explain without giving away the plot. *sigh* It's a dilemma. :)

Thanks for any info you have.

Last edited:
yay thanks Lucy3011!!! I was using Opera, and that was what made it flash, with Internet Explorer it's all normal again :D (though I don't like Internet Explorer, but hey I'll use it if I can get to this awesome site with it :D)

Hi Everyone

My name is honeymufins and I'm the creator of the 'Wild Thoughts Escape' U2 fan fiction web site...

As some of you might be aware, I haven't updated this site for AGES, the reason being I finally got a full time job that leaves me little time for anything but laundry and sleep...sigh!

I love my site to pieces, but am unable to keep up with it. I got an email recently suggesting that there were people on this forum that might be interested in helping me out with the site.

I'd love to keep it going, especially now that the lovely lads are active again, and there is scope for a whole new era of U2 fan fic. If there IS, in fact, anyone out there who would be interested please let me know.

I'd actually love to set the site up so that it was a self loading site, using php pages instead of html...i have that efiction program, so if anyone knows how to do stuff like that, please drop me a line.

I'm also going to make it a paid site again...those adds SUCK! But I had to let it revert to a free site last year due to being impoverished...happily this is no longer the case.

ok - so that's the situation in a nutshell...my email address is wildarchive@yahoo.com.au

Cheers
Honeymufins

HI Hon!!! lovely to see you online again...it has been a while hasn't it.

I've been pretty good. Up and down...like everyone I suppose. I like working...hate having no free time - lol.

Can't believe what chapter you're up to with your "bono was in my drawers" story...eeep! You go girl!

I've got heaps to catch up on! hooooray!

what have you been up to?? got any other fantastic epics like 'diaries' in the planning stages...

I was sitting at work the other day planning out new chapter for 'a weekend at the clarence hotel', the other day....but I think it's really only of interest to the girls who i write about, sadly.

My multi chapter fics all seem to be about the people I met in the U2 fandom as opposed to the band - lol

Did I ever tell you I was rewriting that U2 western stories one? During all the shit that I went thru last year, I started rewritting that story, and I changed and expanded and subverted all the characters...it took on a whole epic 'Dark Tower' kind of feel. I asctually really love it....your character became all dark I think...i have such fun torturing you all. I really miss that lovely group we had...you and owl and ali, and rogue and colonel mustard and SRWH and EB!! we had such fun...i really need to make some time to get back into the fandom again.

Hey, what ever happened to Owl and Ali? I really liked their twin stories...do you guys have contact info? If so you should email them and tell 'em to get back to it. :yes:

I don't hear anything from Ali or Owl nowadays. I know they ventured into the LOTR sites and began to write there instead. Colonel Mustard doesn't write any more, I don't think and as for EB - I reckon she's probably too busy with her 'new' life. As for SRWH - I dunno wot happened to her. I think Rogue might be about somewhere. I'm sure I've seen her tag on here from time to time though I dunno if it's the same Rogue as was in the zoo.

Regarding the Diaries: Yeah, I'd like to do some more but just now I'm concentrating on Bono being in my drawers. Unfortunately for me - he ain't, so I hafta make do with writing about him instead..:lol: :lol:

And yeah, I'm gonna do something along the lines of 'epic' one day soon. I've got loadsa ideas but I think they might be too much for this site. I don't mean 'sex' necessarily (although Bono and sex in the same sentence definately holds my interest), more like something dark and serious. (Not violent, maybe suggested violence without actually going into detail). Dunno. I don't wanna get thrown out so we'll see.

If i can find someone out there who knows a bit more about setting up the efiction software, you should be able to upload chapters yourself on the NEW 'Wild Thoughts Escape'.

Yay!

KieraAnne said:
Hey, what ever happened to Owl and Ali? I really liked their twin stories...do you guys have contact info? If so you should email them and tell 'em to get back to it. :yes:

Yeah - that was terrific wasn't it....i will email them and see what they're thinking of doing about it...i know they are neck deep in the LOTR RPS fandom...and their stuff is spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom