Why ticketmaster employees should be required to have a degree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZooGrl

The Fly
... Because $45 FLOOR, GENERAL ADMISSION does not mean the $45 nosebleed seats!!!!

I got through at 9:51 for , stayed on the system by playing the automated messages over and over. When I thought it was time, I requested to speak to an operator. 9:58. He wouldn't let me talk to him until 10:00, said it wouldn't be fair... So I started asking questions. "Um, where is the First Union Center?" 10:00. Tickets go on sale. I tell him I want General admission, floor, the $45 ones. He looks. Comes back. "Ok ma'am, your seats are located..."
Me: Nooooo! No seats!!! FLOOOOOOR!!! (Ok, I wasn't this rude)
Him: hold on.
<pause> Sorry, sold out.
THIS IS AT 10:02!!!!!!!! I was one of the first wave of people to get through! Insanity! I contemplated getting GC's but... Hopefully prop will come through.

ARGH!!! Stupid Ticketmaster employees!!

BTW, Congrats to all of you who got Vegas tickets! Lucky! If you have an extra one, you know where to send it... ;-)

I think they don't realise how important this is!!!

------------------
"The goal is elevation"

[This message has been edited by Stafana (edited 09-22-2001).]

That sucks ZooGrl, as does virtually everything about tickemaster. I tried to get tickets online and it kept telling me that the tickets weren't onsale yet. Funny. I thought "On sale now" meant they were, oh I don't know, on sale NOW! But I guess not. (I don't sound too bitter do I?)
rolleyes.gif

And, yes, I too am relying on Prop to fulfill all my ticketing needs. *keeps fingers crossed*

------------------
"You can dream so dream out loud"

This is all very shady!

I too got on the line at 10am EXACTLY. He said ok GA's.. ok your seats are in section- "NO! I dont want a section I want FLOOR."

"Oh, we can't sell those now. they'll be on sale later."

"WHAT? WHEN later? they all go on sale NOW"

"No, they are holding them until later. I have these nice shiny bright $85 you-might-as-well-be-at-home seats though."

"Who's they? The band they or ticketmaster?"

"the band."

$%#(@^U*X@!!!

Liars, cheats and bastards. Probably was saving them for scalpers so he'd get a cut.
mad.gif
10 o-freakin-clock! What else can you possibly do?!

------------------
"Today we're going to do something healthy," Adam announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt. "We're going to watch other people exercise."

"Sorry we couldn't sell these seats up here, 'cuz you couldn't get a view of Larry's arse, and we all know that's why you're here" Bono, Pittsburg Elevation
*shake it shake it shake it tamale*
Take Me Higher

<sigh> Thanks for the condolences.... yes, there is definitely something shady going on and whatever it is, I don't like it. There is *no* way that they sold GA's out that fast- even if you factor in Prop and VIP passes.
I had the same feeling yesterday when, at 4:30 AM, I encountered the same group of scalpers (and hired homeless people) who situated themselves at the front of the line. I managed to get GA's, but It made me sick knowing that the scalpers would be taking away an opportunity for a real fan. AS much as I like Montreal's non-wristband way of selling tickets, it really frustrates me that the police, security, etc, don't care. Actually, I think I'm going to phone tomorrow and complain... I'm sure I won't get an intelligent answer but I'm not going to give up on this!

Hi,

Well it seems that I'm not the only that screwed whether ticketmaster or tickets.com!!! I was talking to the ticket agent right at ten and I told her that I wanted the GA's for the Vegas show, but she kept on telling me all the seats that they had available, no less than a minute passed by and the GA's were sold!!! I could not believe this!!! then she told me that they had $45 Balcony seats which were crappy so I decided, not to get any. I agree, I don't think some of these people understand what they are selling!!! by the way, the website to order these tickets wouldn't even let you in because they had too much traffic!!!

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
This is all very shady!
Probably was saving them for scalpers so he'd get a cut.
mad.gif
10 o-freakin-clock! What else can you possibly do?!

I took lessons in Tkts 101 yesterday..I found out that your local promoter actually has deals with tkt brokers, so you guys are right it is a conspiracy. It is a multi-prong assault on regular fans like us.

The tkt brokers do get ppl to stand in line and buy up tkts, but the local promoters allot them X amount of tkts even before the public sale, so brokers know they are guaranteed X number of desirable tkts. Then there are your regular scaplers, who run smaller operations without promoters backing them. It is a miserable tkting system we have! It s*cks big time!
You know I had a dream last night, that I got a chance to meet Bono and I was telling him about all the cheating I'd witnessed while I bought my own tkts. He'd promised me that they would do something to try and stop or curb this crap. It really cheats the fans out bigtime!
Anyway, that is my 2cents!
smile.gif

------------------
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in....She's gonna dream out loud.."

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Back
Top Bottom