Why I love Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you so much for that, what a great video! I have read about these meetings, it's fun to watch, especially the dude with the wine and Bono calling his father, he's so lovely, very funny and charming.

last unicorn said:
Thank you so much for that, what a great video! I have read about these meetings, it's fun to watch, especially the dude with the wine and Bono calling his father, he's so lovely, very funny and charming.

If I'm not mistaken, that is our own MrLemon, he's got lots of Bono shades and plays in a tribute band as well.

(maybe MrLemon can correct me if I'm wrong)

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

he's beyond kind with his fans. what a total sweetheart. one of the best youtube videos of bono i've watched. thankyou.

Like most people here say, his inner beauty shines through and just by looking at him you can tell he's got a good heart. He's a good human being. Someone who is so larger than life, such a millionaire and yet so sweet and humble is one in a million!

OMG Bloody God! That video link! I nearly fell out of my seat! 2 of my good mates are on there :eek:

Oh and B man :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I love that, and the whole wine episode.
If a bono hater doesnt watch this and change their mind about him, then they really are mad!

I'm on that video along with the rest of the Hull Girls and Carolyn the one with the Bono bag!! That's when I took the photo she used for the now famous handbag.
It was an utterly amazing meeting!!!!:faint: :faint:

Bono's Tart said:
I'm on that video along with the rest of the Hull Girls and Carolyn the one with the Bono bag!! That's when I took the photo she used for the now famous handbag.
It was an utterly amazing meeting!!!!:faint: :faint:

:ohmy:

That was very nice. I just hope I have as good of luck when I make my pilgrimmage to their stomping grounds in the next year or two!

I wonder if he really drank the wine? That was a very cool gesture from that fan too.

Thanks for posting this!

^ Supposedly he's allergic to red wine. :shh:

And GG, yeah, favorite mammal describes him. So many people I know (in my non-U2 community) call him my hero, and I think he's anything but a hero to me. (When I think of a hero, I don't want to :censored: and :censored: and do :censored: things to them, if you get my drift. :wink: ) So I started calling him one of my favorite mammals to get them away from calling him a hero.

:cute: It sounds adorable tho... I dunno, I think mammal is my favorite english word :lol: it cracks me up every time I see it!

and yes, he's allergic to red wine.... but still we see him drink it from time to time :wink:

Jeannieco said:

Me too. It gives me migraines.

Oh, well Bono's allergy is slightly different :wink:

when Bono drinks red wine, this happens:

bonosleepywi1.jpg

or this, as said in Time magazine :wink: My favorite story... but I still don't get what the snake dance is :scratch:

At 1:30 a.m., exactly five hours after his bravura Super Bowl show, Bono is exercising the rock star's fundamental right to be ridiculous. At a celebratory post-game dinner in the French Quarter with his band mates, the U2 management team and actress Ashley Judd (an old friend), he throws back some red wine, tells a few stories about Frank Sinatra, leaves a rambling cell-phone message for Judd's husband gently informing him that his wife has been kidnapped by a rock band, and then sneaks off to the bathroom for a cigarette. (Bono thinks the rest of U2 doesn't know he smokes; they know.) After 15 minutes, guitarist the Edge, who adopts a kind, paternalistic role toward his childhood friend and band mate, glances toward the bathroom and says nervously, "Bono's allergic to red wine." Sure enough, Bono has passed out on the bathroom floor. U2's deputy manager, Sheila Roche, is unconcerned and continues sipping her drink. "He's probably just taking a nap. He's an excellent napper," she says. A few minutes later, Bono emerges rumpled but renewed. As he exits the restaurant and makes his way through the mob on Bourbon Street, he throws his hands in the air and screams to no one in particular, "No, I will not do the snake dance for you!"

:love: Drunk Bono, hours of fun garanteed!

Back
Top Bottom