Why does this happen???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinninghead77

Refugee
I work as a receptionist, and at work we are allowed to bring in a radio, but there isn't enough space for a cd player. I switched my radio this week to a station that plays a mix of music, because my alternative station doesn't play any christmas songs. The phones were really dead today, but for some reason they started ringing liking crazy at four points during the day.....

When they played:
a)Beautiful Day
b)Baby Please Come Home
c)New Years Day
d)(The Bono Part in) It's Christmas Time-Band Aid

Why?? Why??? Why???

I could barely hear the people on the phone because I turned up my radio so loud *LOL*

------------------
When you stop taking chances,
You stay where you sit,
You won't live any longer,
But it'll feel like it,
-Summer Rain, Bono

this really sucks. can?t you just tell them to call back in 2 minutes
biggrin.gif
I mean there is nothing we can do about this - we need to listen to U2 songs
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
I work as a receptionist, and at work we are allowed to bring in a radio, but there isn't enough space for a cd player. I switched my radio this week to a station that plays a mix of music, because my alternative station doesn't play any christmas songs. The phones were really dead today, but for some reason they started ringing liking crazy at four points during the day.....

When they played:
a)Beautiful Day
b)Baby Please Come Home
c)New Years Day
d)(The Bono Part in) It's Christmas Time-Band Aid

Why?? Why??? Why???

I could barely hear the people on the phone because I turned up my radio so loud *LOL*

Because life is evil like that.

Same thing happened to me at my last job. We would always listen to the local eighties station. I delivered inter-office mail. And every single time they played any U2 song, I'd have to leave to deliver mail.

ARGH.

izzy (no discmans allowed, either)

------------------
you are allowed to shoot me if my sig gets over five lines.
Perpetual Newbie in the ScottPhisto Society

HEY!! I just realized that I am a fly now!! After only two days on PLEBA!! I can tell that I am going to get addicted to this thing!!!

------------------
You stay where you sit,
But it'll feel like it,
-Summer Rain, Bono

!!! I heard that Band-Aid song twice yesterday morning and NOBODY in my school knew what Band-Aid was.

*SIGH*

Other weird happenings....in this still life thing for art class I have the Details mag with Bono in it and my teacher goes "You know who Bono reminds me of sometimes? Robin Williams"

*CRY* *Hair*

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

Originally posted by WildHonee:
!!! I heard that Band-Aid song twice yesterday morning and NOBODY in my school knew what Band-Aid was.

But Band Aid contains both Bono, and Sting... What is wrong with the youth today??? (Okay, I am only 24, but still...)

------------------
You stay where you sit,
But it'll feel like it,
-Summer Rain, Bono

Life can be really cruel and weird sometimes.I used to bring my boom-box to work but there's too much noise and I hardly can hear October and Mothers of the dissapeared in a medium volume. I have to run home to get my daily dose of U2
biggrin.gif

HEY!! I just realized that I am a fly now!! After only two days on PLEBA!! I can tell that I am going to get addicted to this thing!!!

wow!!! I?m impressed. It took me ages to get there. thumbs up!!!!!

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by Ana:
Life can be really cruel and weird sometimes.I used to bring my boom-box to work but there's too much noise and I hardly can hear October and Mothers of the dissapeared in a medium volume. I have to run home to get my daily dose of U2
biggrin.gif

I thought that I was the only one that needed a daily dose of U2. On Monday my car died in the morning, which meant that I had to get a ride to work with a colleauge. I was in a bad mood all day because I didn't get to hear U2 on the way to work.

BBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNDDDDDDDDDD

AAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

well, I have my radio at my desk tuned to the classic rock station so that I do not miss any U2 songs. The station loves U2, they are always talking about their concerts and how great they are!!
biggrin.gif
So whenever they play vintage U2, I turn my radio up and start singing and dancing in my chair...my co-worker who sits near me has got to be sick of me and radio and my daily talk about U2.
wink.gif

I work in a cube and I have a cd rom on my computer here at work. I have my readio here too but I live in LA and the stations here suck ( except for KROQ) but I can't listen to LINKIN PARK all day.

So I listen to my CD's and lately I've begun collecting Elevation Bootlegs and playing them. I think my coworkers are burned out on u2! I try to keep the volume at a minimum but with boots you have to sort of turn it up to hear. Plus you know how Bono's voice tends to carry........

Yeah, it's REALLY easy to get addicted here! I've been a member since Nov 30...and look how many posts I have already! I'm a little frightened at myself. But's it so fun and all to support the BEST BAND IN THE WORLD!

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Create Light
Create Unity
Create Joy
CREATE PEACE!

Back
Top Bottom