Why do you love U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Is it their music or thier looks? Or something else:D

I love them because they make great music! They make the best music I ever heard. I mean yea they are hott too but, its mainly thier music for me.

For me, it's their connect with the music! They make such a unique sound! Their hearts are all in the right places! They will rock until they can't rock any longer... but they'll always be a classic! :cute:

Last edited:
Oh the music first, then them as people. Just seem like a really great group of guys. Well I'm a year older than Edge's eldest daughter. They're my mum's age, so it does feel a bit weird to say they're attractive, even if they are.

I'll say this, on the October cover, U2 are my age, and at that age, they are all very attractive.

----
Really no more U2 huh. Well I got into them in 2000, so there's still songs I haven't heard, even if they are "classics."

I've probably listened to "New Year's Day" more times in the last 6 months than other U2 fans have, in the same amount of time, and I'm still not sick of it. OOh, I got a live version from Slane castle, hehe, with a good stereo system, the rhythm section shakes the car. ;)

Last edited:
Heh, well, when I started becoming a big fan of them, I know it was the music that drew me in. The looks came later. I love them for their music because it's so uplifting, and I can relate to all the stuff they say so well...I swear, at times, it's like they've gotten in my head and put down everything I was thinking in a song (and put it a thousand times better than I ever could). Yes, it certainly doesn't hurt that I think one of the guys is really good-looking (and have also found the other three attractive from time to time), but that is not the only reason I like the band.

And I agree, Cute Irish Bono, their personalities are another great thing about them. They're such nice, down-to-earth people. Heck, the first thing that got me liking Bono wasn't his looks, but his charisma, which is a personality trait. And these guys do so much good stuff for the world, and for that, I thank them.

Angela

Hmmm...well, I do think all four of them are incredibly gorgeous, sexy men and I do love their music...it's the most encouraging, uplifting music. But I think for me, what I love most about U2 is the love that just seems to pour out of them...love for their families, each other, their music, their fans, the world in general. LOVE is the very first thing I think of when I think of U2. It seems to permeate every aspect of their lives. In a world where marriages, relationships, friendships, etc are all viewed as disposable for any reason or whim, U2 stands out as a wonderful example of how right & precious each of those things can be.

Hope this makes sense...I'm really too tired to be trying to put coherent sentences together! :huh:

Both. Music and looks. Also that special charisma that makes them special, but I don't feel like putting it into words right now.

I first became a fan in 1983. (I've told this story before, so feel free to skip it if you've read it!) I saw the "New Year's Day" video on MTV. I loved the music and the lyrics; they were way above and beyond anything else out at that time. The guitar with its chiming chords, the steady, cool bass line, and the words about solidarity and the longing for peace in troubled times. The lead singer was fascinating; intense blue eyes and an unusual, melodic tenor with a lovely Irish accent. It was a striking introduction to the band, and I was a fan from the first listen, even writing down the name of the album so I could buy it.

(Yes, I did notice how attractive they were, particularly the handsome, fine-boned guitarist! But the music was far more important than their looks.)

More videos, like "Gloria" and "Sunday Bloody Sunday" further intrigued me. They performed at the US festival and Live Aid, adding their efforts to raise money for famine-torn Ethiopia. This was a band with a heart. I devoured every magazine and newspaper article about them that I could find. I learned about their lives, convicitons and faith (and I was pleased to see that three of the four members shared my faith, and frequently used them to show my parents that not all rock and roll was bad!!!).

Suffice it to say, I've grown up with the band. They've been with me through good times and helped me through bad times. And they keep getting better. May they continue on for many more years. :)

Good post Sue, that's just the kind of thing I meant to write but didn't feel like it. I'm a 1983 fan too!:up: (as I'm sure I've told you)

Back
Top Bottom