Why are they so weird?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clementine_rose

War Child
I was looking on atu2.com and there is a news thread about Adam selling his rugs and carpets. Apparently he has 67 rugs he is getting rid of. How can someone have 67 rugs? I think that Adam is a little obsessed with his rugs and carpets. I guess this explains why he was barefoot on the rugs in the "Beautiful Day" video.

Then there is The Edge and his owls. I have heard that Larry has a house full of U2 memorabilia, and that in the Blender article he freaked out when he saw a kitten. I have heard that Bono is really weird about a lot of things, like how he has freckle break outs when he is nervous.

They all seem to be a little strange. I don't really know a lot of quirks that they have, does anyone know of any other weird facts about the boys?

well see, they're persian rugs- therfore they're really expensive and quite elegant if you've ever seen one-thus they're something, like pieces of art, that are collected. and the kitten thing must i say is hilarious. anyways- not a weird fact, and kinda not too much about Bono, but:

Bono was born 4 days after the U2 incident in 1960 in which Francis Gary Powers's u2 spyplane crashed in the soviet union

:eek:

u2bonogirl said:
i love their weirdness.

nobody has mentioned adams spoon fetish?:ohmy:
my my *tisk*

I LOVE the fact that they seem just a bit off/weird - only the coolest people are:)

I'm rather allergic to cats - so Larry may have the same reaction.

I have gobs and gobs of U2 items in my house. I also collect Doctor Who items. No more odd than collecting Persian rugs.

I eat when nervous. I wish I broke out in freckles as then at least I wouldn't put on weight. LOL!

We all have our idiosyncracies - nothing they do seems that odd. More extravagant perhaps, but not odd.

You can really break out in freckles?!

I heard that Bono was so nervous about going on the Oprah show that he puked backstage. Bono of all people! Then again I might have been scared going onto a soundstage full of women! :) And just because it's Bono I thought it was the cutest story ever when I heard it! :cute:

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:

I LOVE the fact that they seem just a bit off/weird - only the coolest people are:)

I totally agree! It's amusing how they're just a tad eccentric, tend to ramble... A perfect example is when they were at the '00 Grammys (or was it 2001? Eh, doesn't matter). hehe, they just couldn't stop rambling and they eventually started talking about vibrators, I think? LOL! Although that could have been due to the fact they were probably kinda tipsy... *G*

I love their "strangeness" also. It's interesting and shows alot of honesty and guts in my opinion. So many people fake to cover up their individuality. Not our guys! :drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

clementine_rose said:
I have heard that Bono is really weird about a lot of things, like how he has freckle break outs when he is nervous.

Are U2 boys are very unique!;):);) They have a cool invidiual charactertics. This might be weird but my nose itches sometimes when I am nervous.:shrug:

Last edited:
leah said:
A perfect example is when they were at the '00 Grammys (or was it 2001? Eh, doesn't matter). hehe, they just couldn't stop rambling and they eventually started talking about vibrators, I think? LOL! Although that could have been due to the fact they were probably kinda tipsy... *G*

Edge was talking about "the female orgasmatron" I think. :wink:

They look loaded in some of the pics from that. :laugh:

I have interviews of the band when they were very young and though Bono seems and has always seemed very assertive he bites his thumb when he is nervous..He still does it today..he also did it on Oprah and If i can recall on Larry King...
I would like to ask Bono about the sleeves, to me it's become some kind of security for him to have sleeves "too" long on his jackets shirts ect.. becuase prior to Elevation he didnt do that...

I'm sure ther are more things but I'll post them once i remember...

Last edited:
I dunno, I have 3 carpets and 5 rugs and I only occupy one room of a house I share :shrug: 67 is not THAT weird if you live in a mansion, have millions of dollars, and collect carpets.

I also would love to ask Bono about his sleeves. Hey the glasses were not there until the Fly that became another one of his signatures.

If I had lots of money I am sure that some of my collections would me odd. They are odd now and I am not rich.

Oh, I would also love to see Larry's collection. That would be a fun one to filter through.

neutral said:

Edge was talking about "the female orgasmatron" I think. :wink:

Ahh, yes, that's right... ROFL! Man, I really need to dig my old tapes up and watch that again. And yeah, I think they were just a little loaded that night. ;)

starsgoblue said:
Keocmb.....your siggie constantly cracks me up...:laugh:

Seriously though guys! How can you break out in FRECKLES! I want to understand the phenomeon....

only if you get too much sun

nurse chrissi said:

:yes:

verte76 said:
I love their "strangeness" also. It's interesting and shows alot of honesty and guts in my opinion. So many people fake to cover up their individuality. Not our guys!

Absolutely. Our guys are secure enough with who they are as men, as artists, and as human beings to allow their eccentricities to show. Our society is too uptight, much too concerned with "image" and "status" to allow itself to have fun and be weird. Screw that! Life is too short to care about that nonsense; just be yourself!

Well you all know the spots that Bono has on his face....I think that their on the left....apparently they get darker when he gets nervous. I heard about it on atu2.com

http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=2846&Key=answer guy&Year=&Cat=12

Sorry I don't have a pic so that you all can see the spots. Maybe someone can post one so everyone can see what I am talking about.

I had completely forgoten about Adam and his spoons.:der:

bono_pop_blow_smoke_freckle_shoulders.jpg

These here spots? :drool:

Or maybe these...
bono_zoo_tv_adoring_christy_turlington.jpg

:faint:

kennerado said:
I one heard a story about Adam picking off other peoples plates at dinner, apparently it was something he developed when he was at school.

Yeah, Bono said it was probably a result of being at boarding schools. I imagine that would affect you, basically living in school, *shudder*.

Weirdness is great though.

However, Edge did say bass players attract the weirdest fans, so just imagine the weirdness level of Adam's fans. ;)

I used to collect Beanie Babies, soda tabs, rocks.

I've also been called weird before. :D

About Edge and owls, actually I found owls to be quite interesting when I learned about them in this , "outdoor science camp" I went to when I was in 5th grade.

Back
Top Bottom