Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They sell those shirts on a site that is full of offensive t-shirts, there was a thread about this a few weeks ago. I will try to find the link but I must warn you. The Logo's on the T-shirts are sexist racsist and just down right dis tasteful.

Total U2 Nut said:
I've seen people with rip-off t-shirts of the Make Poverty History logo; but instead, they say ; MAKEBONOHISTORY.NOW

Why??

because some people are morons...thats why.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :madspit: :madspit:

I hate when all people do is letting others down instead of contributing new ideas if they dislike the already existing :madspit:

They should REALLY get a life!!!

To make a buck....it really is a sad statement.

But you know, recently, on another board I read sometimes, whenever Bono is mentioned there is either an outpouring of respect for him or just pure hatred.

I don't understand the latter thinking. Maybe I've been too enamored for too long to even comprehend what these people feel. It's beyond me.

Bono is Bono. He's a showman so he's going to put on a show. He likes the "sound of his own voice" so we're going to hear it. Bono cares deeply so he is going to work to help others. Don't we contribute to our communities with volunteer work and such? With the position he is in, his community just happens to be the world.

But maybe I'm rambling now. Sorry. This hatred of Bono has really got me puzzled lately.

Anyway, when I do see that particular t-shirt, I just put on a sly smile and think......"But, yes. Bono has already made history."

So don't let the bastards grind you down.

Take care.

BebeAutumn said:
To make a buck....it really is a sad statement.

But you know, recently, on another board I read sometimes, whenever Bono is mentioned there is either an outpouring of respect for him or just pure hatred.

I don't understand the latter thinking. Maybe I've been too enamored for too long to even comprehend what these people feel. It's beyond me.

Bono is Bono. He's a showman so he's going to put on a show. He likes the "sound of his own voice" so we're going to hear it. Bono cares deeply so he is going to work to help others. Don't we contribute to our communities with volunteer work and such? With the position he is in, his community just happens to be the world.

But maybe I'm rambling now. Sorry. This hatred of Bono has really got me puzzled lately.

Anyway, when I do see that particular t-shirt, I just put on a sly smile and think......"But, yes. Bono has already made history."

So don't let the bastards grind you down.

Take care.

:up: spot on.

You know, I get real tired of all the Bono bashing sometimes. He's not a saint by any means (though you never know, maybe ina few hundred years... :wink: ), but he's done so much for the world and I really don't feel like he gets the respect he deserves. Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter really, what's important is the results of his actions, not what people think of him.

Am I the only one who thinks Bono himself would probably just chuckle and then move on if he saw this?

I really don't care all that much about the shirts....I think of it as more of a crude statement than totally stupid....if you really think about it....Bono did make history....more than anyone can think really.

:reject: Sorry....I try to think about stuff like this in a different light. I don't think that particular shirt is all that bad really. :reject:

Some people just do not want to except that an awesome rock star could be interested or even know so much about politics. But they need to realize Bono has been at this for many, many years. He is passionate and commeted to this too. Like he said on 60 minutes he will not rest untill the African debt is solved. Bono does not even want to be remembered for his politics. We all know that he will thouhgh. He has inspired me in so many ways.

Join the club, I just don't understant how people can turn something so positive into something as negative as MAKEBONOHISTORY - It's moronic

Back
Top Bottom