Who's ready for the Prisoner of Azkaban!!!???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
arw9797 said:
:mad: I want to see it! My friend just emailed and backed out on me. We were going to see it then she decided no not on opening weekend, then she said yes, now no again :rant:

It's my dad's birthday this weekend and he wants to see it too. I'm too broke to buy him gift so I think I'm going to take him to see it. I hope he can go :(

:sigh: I can't wait to go!

Awwww, I really hope you get to see it this weekend! :hug:

I thought it was really great. I can't wait to see it again. :hyper:

I think Alfonso Cuaron did a wonderful job with this movie... it really does have a different look than the first two films, but I think it suits this movie well and sets the stage for the darker things to come! Gah! Now I can't wait till GoF!!! :tongue:

I'm going today (if everything goes according to plan) so cross your fingers for me! :hyper:

Well, I've seen it! But I think I need to see it again. My judgement of it is still a little muddy.

It's defintly the best one yet. Really well directed, lots of cool extra touches. A surprising amount of really funny parts. And the kids have gotten really good.

They change a few details from the book, but that doesn't bother me. What I didn't like how much of the book was left out. They never explain that James was an animagus (and that the Patronus that Harry casts is James' animagus.) They don't explain why James and his friends were animagus. They don't tell you that James and his friends were the Marauders and that they made the Maruader's map. They completly leave out the story about James saving Snape's life and Snape knowing that Lupin is a werewolf (although he hints that to us.) They don't talk about Wolfsbane potion. They don't do the whole story about Gryffindor winning the Quidditch Cup.

I know that the movie can only be so long, so I'm not really upset about leaving certain parts out. But if they butchered this one so much, I'm scared about what they'll leave out of Goblet of Fire.

Still, though, I recommened it! If you're a Harry Potter fan, it's a great supplement to the books. And the Sirius and Lupin together scenes are wonderful. I almost cried, knowing Sirius's future fate.

madonna's child said:

I know that the movie can only be so long, so I'm not really upset about leaving certain parts out. But if they butchered this one so much, I'm scared about what they'll leave out of Goblet of Fire.

Yeah, I'm worried about that too.... :sigh:

Great comments, Emily! :up: I loved it, too. I made the mistake of not re-reading the book before I watched the movie, however. I thought it'd be nice to be surprised at everything again..... but what happened was I got totally confused as to what I would be seeing. Therefore I spent nearly the entire movie waiting for a big Dementors attack at the end (with Cedric) and also at the beginning, but that was in another book. I remember looking at my watch at 12:15 and being like, wow 2 hours already and we haven't even had the "big" encounter... :lol: oops.

But besides that mistake on my part, I really enjoyed the movie. I wouldn't have mind if it was a little longer to include some extra things, like an explanation of the Patronus and that the 4 men made the Marauders map. But, very well done and it reminded me what a great book it was. That time thing was awesome.

I just seeing it, am really happy with the work of my Mexican compatriot Alfonso Cuar?n with the direction and this detail of putting objects that only the Mexicans we understand was cool too. I love the movie, my favorite of the saga till now, this new director gave it a darker touch to the Harry Potter concept :up:

madonna's child said:
Well, I've seen it! But I think I need to see it again. My judgement of it is still a little muddy.

It's defintly the best one yet. Really well directed, lots of cool extra touches. A surprising amount of really funny parts. And the kids have gotten really good.

What I didn't like how much of the book was left out. They never explain that James was an animagus (and that the Patronus that Harry casts is James' animagus.)

I almost cried, knowing Sirius's future fate.

I saw it! I agree with everything you said. I was especially bummed that they didn't explain that about Harry's patronus. I thought Harry was going to tell Lupin at the end.

Me too, I actually cried when Sirius and Harry talked. :(

Btw, Ron had me lmao. :lol:

Oh... the Marauder's Map was so cool!!! Just as I had imagined it... :hyper:

And I thought Harry looked like Bono when he wore those goggles on the Quidditch match. :eeklaugh:

oliveu2cm said:
Great comments, Emily! :up: I loved it, too. I made the mistake of not re-reading the book before I watched the movie, however. I thought it'd be nice to be surprised at everything again..... but what happened was I got totally confused as to what I would be seeing. Therefore I spent nearly the entire movie waiting for a big Dementors attack at the end (with Cedric) and also at the beginning, but that was in another book. I remember looking at my watch at 12:15 and being like, wow 2 hours already and we haven't even had the "big" encounter... :lol: oops.

LMAO!

I haven't read the posts yet.........

so for now I'll just say I decided to catch the first one where they played it on free TV in NYC 2 weeks ago. I only got to see 2/3 rds, cause I was leaving to come *here*- to use my internet pass that night before it expired. But I liked what I saw and my sib loved the books.

When I saw the trailer a bunch of times {while seeing ROTK}, I liked the train and the scenery, the music, the Creepy thing coming through the train compartent where Our Heroes were AND was *totally touched* by the paper that Harry's bully/nemsis turned into an origami crane {I love oragmi}. I thought that that was so....unexpected, delighful! That last one was 'the capper', that made me decide to see it.

I wasn't going to be able to go for several weeks {money}, but a friend got free seats, so she invited me. SO we just finished seeing it an hour ago.

I really enjoyed it! Will have to rent the first two to get even more of the flavor. ANd probaly sidle into a B&N to read the section in this one to sort out all the who's what's of the Big confronation scene! { I don't hear so well, so alot of noise along with the acton can throw my track off in the dialouging}.

I look forward to reading all your posts. :D

I saw it opening night! - the 9:55pm show!! And I STILL had to sit only 3 rows from the screen - the place was absolutely packed!!! (Blu prefers left side, middle section, 1/2 - 2/3 of the way back. Picky maybe, but she knows what she likes!) :lol:

In six words or less, here's what I thought:

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!! :hyper: :hyper:

Go & see it, folks - I can't imagine you'll be disappointed!

madonna's child said:

hires6.jpg

Sirius!!!!!!!!!

Ahem. I don't think they meant him to be kinda sesy...but what IS it about the wickedly talented Mr. Oldman? :drool: :shifty:

sd

madonna's child said:

They change a few details from the book, but that doesn't bother me. What I didn't like how much of the book was left out. They never explain that James was an animagus (and that the Patronus that Harry casts is James' animagus.) They don't explain why James and his friends were animagus. They don't tell you that James and his friends were the Marauders and that they made the Maruader's map. They completly leave out the story about James saving Snape's life and Snape knowing that Lupin is a werewolf (although he hints that to us.

I saw the movie today, and that exactly was my big beef with it. That and the aerial ice capade dementors... Granted, I haven't read the book in probably over a year, but werent' they supposed to be slower and on the ground?

Really, though, I thought it was pretty good aside from that :) The girl who plays Hermione seems to be growing into quite a beauty... which prompted me to make a bet with my boyfriend on whether she'll pose for Playboy before or after the end of the movie series (I say after) :lol: :sexywink:
Daniel Radcliffe's getting pretty cute too, though I'll refrain from any adjective other than "cute" for a couple years :silent:

Kristie said:

I saw the movie today, and that exactly was my big beef with it. That and the aerial ice capade dementors... Granted, I haven't read the book in probably over a year, but werent' they supposed to be slower and on the ground?

I thought that too. As far as I was concerned, the dementors don't fly - they are tall, rotting slow-moving caped Evilness. not floaty bits of brown material wafting around in the air

Back
Top Bottom