Who's got DIRECT TV???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Apparently December is "U2 Month" on Direct TV...throughout the day (all 24 hours) they'll be palying a ton of U2 programs and videos.

I would LOOOVE a copy of anything that can be put on a tape...or tapes (esp. videos - I don't have cable!)...I'll gladly repay you on Tuesday!
smile.gif
(like with blank tapes and S&H, etc.)

TIA!

Disco

i am also asking the locals....trying to find someone with direct tv!!

------------------

"Scarlet eyes and a see-through heart....she saw me coming right from the start.....She picked me up, but had me down on my knees....Just a-begging, begging her please...Take me Slow Dancing"

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Yay me! My parents have been talking about getting a dish for a while, and it looks like we're gonna be getting one in December cause I kept nagging them about it being U2 month..... but even if we do get it I won't be able to enjoy it for long cause I'm going away for Christmas vaction.
frown.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

I have direct tv...I'll research into what channel it's gonna be on and times...and I would gladly help out...

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

IM me: ghettopoptart83

Have I lost my mind? Just ordered myself DirecTV, YAY! It'll be installed on 12/7, so I'll still have 3 weeks to enjoy U2 month!
It is only 35.00 to install, the dish is free, and then it will be 38.00 a month, and right now I pay 71.00 for digital cable!
COOL! U2 MONTH!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Methinks I am blind... I checked out the directtv.com site and found nothing about U2... not in the "concerts" or "music" link, not here, not there, not anywhere...

If I post again please tell me to GET OFF THE INTERNET AND GET BACK TO STUDYING!!! :)

Hmmmm, I know my boss has DirectTV, but I really couldn't ask him to tape any U2 stuff for me. Ack. I already spend way too much time thinking about U2 at work.

Damn bastards w/ your DirectTV. Naw, I'm just peeved b/c there's some stuff that's gonna be on that I want so bad! I gotta find someone w/ it!

Disco...I am laughing out loud at the "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday"

For a Hamburger today!!!

HAHA...I think we are the only ones old enough to remember those cartoons! How about the movie with Robin Williams? CLASSIC!!!

Fishy <><

------------------
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono, referring to a song he recently wrote for his dad...

Aye...I'm strong to the finich, cos I eats me spinach! (flexes extremely overdeveloped forearms by squeezing a can of spinach till it pops right out)

Blargh....
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by FishNeedsABicycle:
Disco...I am laughing out loud at the "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday"

For a Hamburger today!!!

HAHA...I think we are the only ones old enough to remember those cartoons! How about the movie with Robin Williams? CLASSIC!!!

Fishy <><

Alrighty.... this was posted on U2.com. If anyone is interested, I would be more than happy to make a few extra copies if it's a solid four hour block, just let me know and we can work something out.
---
Cold and Wet December Day?
No problem. December has been declared U2 Month at DirecTV.

December has been declared U2 Month at DirecTV, four solid hours of U2 progamming, starting with Elevation Live From Boston (a 90 minute cut) and featuring documentaries, videos, interviews and rare footage.

Premiering on Saturday, December 1 at 6:00 AM (ET), "U2 Month" will air on DIRECTV channel 103, 24 hours a day through December 31.

This four-hour U2 event will include a concert film of the band's sold-out Elevation Tour 2001, recorded live in Boston this past June. Other than the limited exhibition on DirecTV, this long-format version is only available on U2's new DVD.

DirecTV will also premiere more than two hours of additional U2 programming including never-before-seen archived interview footage and music videos.

Viewers who tune in to the programming block can expect to see - "U2 Legends" produced by VH1 - the making of "All I Want Is You" never before seen in the U.S. - "The Sweetest Thing" video. - "Bullet the Blue Sky" filmed during the Rock the Vote election campaign. - the Trabantland and Lovetown documentaries - the "Lemon," "Please," "One," and "Beautiful Day" music videos.

More here www.directv.com

Originally posted by ZooGrl:
Alrighty.... this was posted on U2.com. If anyone is interested, I would be more than happy to make a few extra copies if it's a solid four hour block, just let me know and we can work something out.

Really?!? That would be so awesome!! E-mail me at gbforgia@uchicago.edu so we can set something up if you're willing to do this for me. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

Proud member of Larry's stick-keeper's association

OMG!!!! Will I EVER get to see ANY of these things???
I live in a tiny country called Israel, I'm sure you all heard of it... where they don't show anything that involves U2, and we also have MTV Europe and VH1 Europe, who also show nothing of U2!
So, I'll just go sit on the corner and cry now
frown.gif

Okay, rant over, sorry guys
smile.gif

Originally posted by ZooGrl:
If anyone is interested, I would be more than happy to make a few extra copies if it's a solid four hour block, just let me know and we can work something out.

Ohhh! Ohhhh! Me too, please?? It's really great you're offering to help people out. My e-mail is bmkarabetsos@students.wisc.edu -- please let me know if we can work something out!

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"True to form, Edge's promise of 'just the one' turns out to mean just the one bottle of vodka." - Q Mag interview

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

I saw a commercial for it on my direct tv...of course no one could see my excitement cause they were all gone...but hmm...24 hours of U2 for the month of December...I'd say December will be pretty packed with U2
biggrin.gif
I'm sure I could also tape a few copies for people too...

PS...I had a fortune cookie today, and it said "Tomorrow Will be an important day for you..." and tomorrow I'm going to the concert...LOL, I just might sue the fortune cookie people if it doesn't come true
wink.gif

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

Yet another update on this!

Cold and Wet December Day?

No problem. December has been declared U2 Month at DirecTV.

December has been declared U2 Month at DirecTV, four solid hours of U2 progamming, starting with Elevation Live From Boston (a 90 minute cut) and featuring documentaries, videos, interviews and rare footage.

Premiering on Saturday, December 1 at 6:00 AM (ET), "U2 Month" will air on DIRECTV channel 103, 24 hours a day through December 31.

This four-hour U2 event will include a concert film of the band's sold-out Elevation Tour 2001, recorded live in Boston this past June. Other than the limited exhibition on DirecTV, this long-format version is only available on U2's new DVD.

DirecTV will also premiere more than two hours of additional U2 programming including never-before-seen archived interview footage and music videos.

Viewers who tune in to the programming block can expect to see - "U2 Legends" produced by VH1 - the making of "All I Want Is You" never before seen in the U.S. - "The Sweetest Thing" video. - "Bullet the Blue Sky" filmed during the Rock the Vote election campaign. - the Trabantland and Lovetown documentaries - the "Lemon," "Please," "One," and "Beautiful Day" music videos.

More here www.directv.com

Still would appreciate a "boot" video if anyone can supply one to me!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

disco

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 11-30-2001).]

I would also like a copy email me at selilise@aol.com I would be willing to pay for shipping and the cost of the tape or if you wouldd like me to send you a blank VHS tape in other words Blanks and postage. It sucks being a student and not being able to have cable.
frown.gif

WAAAH!!! just saw this elsewhere:

---
So I flip over to Channel 103 on DirecTV to check out the U2 Freeview. I figured it would just be the Elevation Boston Special repeated all month. To my surprise, they were showing a LoveTown Show. More specifically, they were playing Hawkmoon.
---

OMG!! HAWKMOON!!! *faint* I think I'm gonna cry....

Oh wow!! I'm sure it's too late for me to ask but if anyone could make a tape of this to me, please email me!!!!
smile.gif

kjcoley@hotmail.com

------------------
"When you've seen beyond yourself then you may see peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you"

"All things must pass
All things must pass away"

Peace George

I don't have DirectTV but I do have the ability to make copies of the tapes. If someone could make a master copy (recorded in the slowest speed 2 tapes with 2 hours each) then I could make copies for anyone that needs them.
smile.gif

cmeu289@yahoo.com

I live in Uk
frown.gif
can you get that channel on SKY over here or not. Does anyone know? I would really love to be able to get all that footage and there is so rarely anything on U2 over here. We have Madonna Weekends and Weeks sometimes but never U2 ones. Its not fair. The boys only came from across the water and Edge was born here. Can anyone help?

In case it's not too late to ask I'd love a copy of anything you guys get recorded especially some of those "Making of" shows, I don't have direct TV but I'd be happy to make a couple copies.
Another option is a trade, if someone records those things for me I have a couple of bootlegs(audio) from the Elevation Tour I'd be willing to copy. Let me know if anyone is interested. venus8@u2fan.net Thanks.

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"You changed me--and I thank you for that." -Bono 11/5/01

WWJND?

Originally posted by u2sangel:
I have direct tv and would love to tape for anyone who wants it unfortunately I do not know how to tape direct tv.Anyone know?Please post it here!

What I do...and I don't know if it's the same for everything is set it to the channel you want to record and have your VCR on the channel that is for your TV...for example have Direct TV on channel 103 and put your VCR on channel 4. I hope this helps...

PS...anyone who wants a copy...and I can only make a couple...email me at scoobs_shaggy@hotmail.com and I will see what I can do
smile.gif

------------------
Dana

I have been watching the DirectTV Freeview this afternoon. It is pretty cool...I like all the videos and interviews that they are playing...I have never seen the Lovetown footage, so that was a plus (Bono with his long hair and cowboy hat!
eek.gif
smile.gif
. Anyway, if I can figure out how to tape all of this off of DirectTV, I will be much happier...

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 12-02-2001).]

Okay, I have Direct TV, but it's at home, and I'm at college; so I'm trying to explain when it's on to my parents. I have a few questions:
When is it on?
Is it on Channel 103?
Do they show different U2 things every day?
Or is it just the 4-hour program 24-hours a day for the rest of the month?
If somebody could help me with this, I would truly appreciate it
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom