Who's gonna ride your wild horses' mystery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*k_i_t_e_86*

War Child
Hello everyone
I've heard for a few times that "Who's gonna ride your wild horses" was written about an affair that one of the members had during a tour (i guess that Larry said it in an interview). However, they've never said which one of them was it.
Maybe you know something about it... :D

Just curiosity :wink:

Hmm, interesting, I'd never heard about it.:eyebrow:
Well, if this is true, it can't be Bono or Larry, soooo: I'd say Adam with Naomi Campbell or Edge with Morleigh.

I never read that interview. Maybe Larry was joking cause I don't think he would say something like that to the press..... It seems to be way too personall, if it's true..... :shrug:

wow, that seems a very out of character thing any of them, yet alone Larry, to say.

if it is true, then the song title is very apt!

I'm not a mod in this forum, but it seems a reminder on the FAQs may be in order...

Posting about the bands' private life, questioning their marriages or sexuality is not allowed. Graphic sexual comments about the band in general will not be allowed. There is a level of decency and respect for the band we need to follow.

:ohmy:

Can someone find that interview?

There should be a plce with ALL of U2's interviews ever. That would be an awesome site to stay all day reading through. :yes:

Last edited:
dsmith2904 said:
I'm not a mod in this forum, but it seems a reminder on the FAQs may be in order...

Posting about the bands' private life, questioning their marriages or sexuality is not allowed. Graphic sexual comments about the band in general will not be allowed. There is a level of decency and respect for the band we need to follow.

Yeah, i know, i thought about it, but came to a conclusion that if they put it in their song and then talked about it in an interview, then its not so private anymore, is it

But if a mod decides to close this thread coz its against the rules, thats ok for me ;)

*k_i_t_e_86* said:

Yeah, i know, i thought about it, but came to a conclusion that if they put it in their song and then talked about it in an interview, then its not so private anymore, is it

I still don't see where they talked about it in an interview. I listened to the interview with Jo Whiley, and Larry was talking about the production of the song, not the lyrics.

The change in lyrics could mean anything, the person who wrote that in your first link was just speculating on what they thought the song was about.

I hate this type of speculation but my personal opinion is that Bono (and most men who want to stay married) would not write and record a song that documented an affair. That would be like rubbing salt in a wound, over and over again.

I think like a lot of Bono's lyrics, the song probably has more than one meaning but is most likely based on events surrounding Edge's divorce.

dsmith2904 said:

Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom