Who would you like to meet.... before U2!!!!!!?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Everlastinglove

War Child
There are definitely people out who I would love to meet much more than our Fab 4...
This has various reasons. Mostly because they are older than our lads which makes me always think there are more chances to meet them...
One person for example José Carreras a famous opera-singer (one of the 3 tenors incl. Domingo and Pavarotti).
Another one is Paul McCartney (guess I don't have to explain who HE is!!! ;) hopefully).
These are just very impressive personalities in my eyes who I really would like to meet like I said before I meet Bono f.e.
It's just the way it is.

And now I want to know if some of you share the same "problems"! :D
And if yes - which person would it be???!!!

BYE

Ahhh.. I don't think there's anyone I'd like to meet before U2 :scratch:

I did meet my second favorite band though - Oasis :hyper: That was so great :) I've been a fan of theirs for a good 10 years.

cannot really think of anyone:hmm: its always been U2....one of my other favorite bands in junior high was INXS though:yes: (still are) so I guess them:wink:

There are people who rank right up there with U2...but there's nobody I'd rather meet before U2.

This is, of course, speaking strictly on celebrities.

Right up there with U2? For me it would have to be George Clooney :shifty: No particular reason. Really :whistle:

keeping an eye our for MrsSpringsteen :wink:

:hmm:

I'd say Nelson Mandela :yes:

...or maybe meeting Desmond Tutu again - he was truely amazing! :D

Those are the only two I can think of really! :)

I also have the problem that a lot people I would like to meet are dead. Like John F. Kennedy and Frank Sinatra. Impressive people I even did reports at school about. But that's even more depression cause there is NO chance to meet them at all...

@lila64: hmmmmmmmm, can't imagine why! :lmao: (Yeah, I kinda do).

Merc said:
:hmm:

I'd say Nelson Mandela :yes:

...or maybe meeting Desmond Tutu again - he was truely amazing! :D

Those are the only two I can think of really! :)

hey, when I opened this thread, my first thought was Nelson Mandela too. He's such a symbol we could all learn from.

So you beat me to it Merc :wink:

.... you met Desmond Tutu?? :ohmy:
Details please.. :rolleyes:

JFK :heart: and his brother Robert
John Paul 2nd, Freddie Mercury, John Lennon, Deli Lama, Princess Diana, Martin Luthor King, Malcom X, Michael Hutchance, Paula Yates, Kurt Cobain, David Kelly, Karl Marx, Allende.... I have some questions to ask.

This is hard to answer because their are many catagories of people.

U2 is definately first, above all, buts others would have to include;
Princess Diana
Rosa Parks
MLK
being an artist: O'Keefe, Warhol, Rockwell unfortunatel everyone I would have liked to meet is gone.:(

This is a great question! First and foremost of course would be U2. It would be fascinating to meet some world leaders and other celebrities, but the person I would have most loved to have met would be my great-grandfather.

It sounds totally cheesy, but I wish I could have met him. He died a few years before I was born, and he sounds like he was an incredible man. He came to Canada from England in the early 1900's, and was very instrumental in starting up the city of Vancouver. From what I've heard of him, and read about him, he was an incredible man. He is the person I would most like to have met. :up:

That is a really great choice Thora :yes: Sounds like your great grandfather was pretty incredible.

If I were to meet anyone who has passed than it would be my great grandparents. They immigrated to America from Germany and my mom always speaks so lovingly of them. Plus I would love to meet my grandfather (father's father) who passed away on his birthday which was 10 days before I was born. Stories I have been told he was exactly the kind of grandfather one would want.

greety said:
hey, when I opened this thread, my first thought was Nelson Mandela too. He's such a symbol we could all learn from.

So you beat me to it Merc

Well, what can I say... great minds think alike, eh? :wink:

greety said:
.... you met Desmond Tutu??
Details please..

Yeah, I've met the man! :D

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to have a long deep conversation with him - that's why I'd love to meet him again! :wink:

I had the great luck of hearing him speak during a special mass in the Copenhagen Cathedral almost two years ago, when he visited Denmark to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the end of Apartheid and the democratic election of Nelson Mandela as South African president! :yes:

I felt really, really lucky just to hear him speak, but afterwards I got the chance to shake his hand - I was so :shocked: and :ohmy: being so close to this amazing person, I remember I tried to say something to him, but all I could say was "Thank you..." and just looking into his eyes... it was great! :D

Yeah, 2004 was a good year... :sexywink:

Wow, that sounds great Merc.

Well I didn't have the chance to meet my 2 grandfathers cause they died long before I was born. I don't know if I would want to meet them... I guess it would be the experience of having a grand-dad.. you know: like getting sweets and they telling you stories and stuff like that. But I (thank God) have both of my parents so no need do complain...

Speaking of grandparents: I guess I would have liked to meet my great grandmother who was a full blooded Iroquois Indian. She had died at the age of 16 while giving birth to my grandfather!

Hmm, I've already met Bono a few times, so I'd pass on meeting him again to meet Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu (saw him speak but didn't get to meet him, I LOVE him!!!), Nadia Comaneci, Russell Crowe...and of course if they were alive MLK and Ghandi.

There is nobody before U2 that I want to meet.
However Johnny Depp is tied with them. I don't care who I meet first, I just want to meet them all.
Heck let me meet them all at the same time. No wait, better not there would be nothing of me left. I would first :faint: and then :combust: . Being around the 5 men I have loved, adored and I guess you can say worshiped since the early and mid 80's would be too much for me.
:hmm: I would like to give it a shot anyway. :wink:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Desmond Tutu (saw him speak but didn't get to meet him, I LOVE him!!!)

Yeah, he is really wonderful! :yes:

He turned the entire Copenhagen Cathedral into a party with people :laugh:ing, :applaud:ing and just having the best time - and Danes are usually not like that when they're in church I can tell you... :lol:

Plus, I never imagined he was so short ( :reject: ) - I mean, not that it matters in any way, but in some way still... that such a little man can have such a big heart - he's just amazing! :heart:

okie dokie in the dead :)sad: ) category

lord byron
percy shelley
jane austen
josephine
napoleon
titian
mlk
keith moon
nick drake...
the list goes on and on ...

Back