who is ur fav U2 member?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smitty

Babyface
Hey
I was just wondering who ur fave U2 member is and why. I will start my fave member is Bono, not just because of his good looks, but because he cares about cancelling out the debt of the third world countries, and helps out whenever he can.
Thanx Sarah

Larry was my favorite for many years.. but I think I'm leaning toward Bono in the recent years as I realize what an amazing person he is, not only as a singer but as a person. He has a great personality, tries to do good for the world and is not bad looking. :sexywink:

Baby got back!

My favorite member is Arse, I'm sure you've seen him.
He's always behind :bono::edge::larry: :adam:
He comes around a lot when the guys are dressed in leather and bubble pants.
Didn't see much of him in the Elevation tour, although AB and Pop were good times when we were almost guaranteed to see him.
I think Mr. Arse is somehow connected to the band's creativity.
It's just a wild guess though. :D

Last edited:
Re: Baby got back!

*BOOMCHAA!* said:
My favorite member is Arse, I'm sure you've seen him.
He's always behind :bono::edge::larry: :adam:
He comes around a lot when the guys are dressed in leather and bubble pants.
Didn't see much of him in the Elevation tour, although AB and Pop were good times when we were almost guaranteed to see him.
I think Mr. Arse is somehow connected to the band's creativity.
It's just a wild guess though. :D

:lmao:
I love all of them, but I have a weakness for Bono... As soon as I saw him for the first time I knew he was *the* man and as I have been knowing him I have just fell more and more in love with him. His voice, his personality... everything.

Last edited:
I love them all in different ways...But I would have to say that my "favorite" is a tie between Bono and Larry. I feel kind of bad even saying that because I love Edge and Adam too, but there's just something about Bono and Larry in particular that makes me go...:ohmy: :sexywink: :sad: :drool:

Adam.

We like to hang out and jam together.

3337586323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A%3A3%3E569%3EWSNRCG%3D323238757%3A755nu0mrj

As LarryMullen's_POPAngel says, there's just something about Larry... I wonder why he's my favorite sometimes, I can't explain it. Aside from being gorgeous, there's something mysterious about him, he's full of surprises and he can't be defined very easily. That's why I like him. :yes:

I'm a Bono girl. When I first became a fan, I have to say, I didn't fancy any of them, I just thought the music was great. but then as I learnt more about them as people I suddenly found myself thinking about bono in all these scenarios that I don't think Ali would be that happy about.........:mac: Next thing you know, I've descended into the same kind of state that I used to get into about Robbie Williams when I was 14 and he was in Take That. Very sad. but hours of endless entertainment for me!

*finds myself getting distracted with rude thoughts*

I always used to think that larry was a bit of a grump box but ever since reading Bonavoix's fan fic 'Take me Away (Tear Me Down' (http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64223) I started thinking rude things about him too.......

Is there no end to the rude abilities of my brain?????? :combust:

Bono person here.

Personality wise, I like him because he's a fantastic songwriter, he's a very intelligent guy, down to earth (he's just such a nice guy), and he's passionate-passionate when he sings, passionate about the causes he fights for-which is another reason I like him so much-all this stuff he does to help other people, the fight against AIDS, the various charities and organizations he's a part of, the fact that he'll go out there and talk to anyone or do anything necessary to get the word out about these problems, to help solve these problems-I have a lot, and I mean a lot, of respect for him because of that. I think that's incredibly cool all the stuff he's doing.

Other reasons-I love the relationship he has with his wife, such a strong marriage, he really loves her, you can tell, and I think that's very sweet. And I like how charismatic he is, how charming he can be.

Looks wise, lovely blue eyes, an adorable smile, and it doesn't matter what he does with his hair-be it in a mullet, or just long and straight (that will always be my personal favorite era), or whatever (just so long as he doesn't go bald), I love his hair regardless of how it's styled. :). He's a cutie.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
Bono person here.

Personality wise, I like him because he's a fantastic songwriter, he's a very intelligent guy, down to earth (he's just such a nice guy), and he's passionate-passionate when he sings, passionate about the causes he fights for-which is another reason I like him so much-all this stuff he does to help other people, the fight against AIDS, the various charities and organizations he's a part of, the fact that he'll go out there and talk to anyone or do anything necessary to get the word out about these problems, to help solve these problems-I have a lot, and I mean a lot, of respect for him because of that. I think that's incredibly cool all the stuff he's doing.

Other reasons-I love the relationship he has with his wife, such a strong marriage, he really loves her, you can tell, and I think that's very sweet. And I like how charismatic he is, how charming he can be.

Looks wise, lovely blue eyes, an adorable smile, and it doesn't matter what he does with his hair-be it in a mullet, or just long and straight (that will always be my personal favorite era), or whatever (just so long as he doesn't go bald), I love his hair regardless of how it's styled. :). He's a cutie.

Angela

That's just about what I was going to say! I feel the same way! As far as the last part goes I have to add, I like all his hairstyles too, as long as it's not real short or shaved. I loved the mullet and the long hair is my favorite too! I adore the black, shoulder length ZOOTV and Elevation styles! It looks nice now too
katrillion_4.jpg

I must say I prefer him in black leather instead of a suit, but he's gorgeous! I loved the way he walked in his heeled boots in the 80's and ZOOTV and I'd be so happy if he wore them again, very sexy! Oh and his open shirt and rosary, sigh! :drool:

I appreciate all of the band members and the music and they all bring something special to the band, but I have never had any bit of physical attraction for anyone but Bono. I also think he's the one I'd get along best with, the way he is and the things he likes. We have a lot of similar interests.

EDGE!!!!

There seems to be a lack of Edgers in this thread *pouts* but i am here to declare the obvious (emm...see screename) that Edge is my favorite of all!! I :heart: :edge:!!! Something about his beautiful voice (slow down my beating heart...slowly love...slllooowly love *dies* :combust: ) and amazing guitar playing skills and happy beanies and his ability to dress up as himself on halloween without getting noticed ("you're so like him...but you're a bit short..." :laugh:) and he always wins the bullfight! Yeah Edge!! :love: And he has nice eyes too! Edge, you rock!!!

Adam and I back from vacation...hehehe

adamlane.jpg

Well I used to like Bono..cos he has a great voice, and he's easy on the eyes ;)

I like Adam because...I like his bass lines, he's got a great accent, from the interviews I've read, he's pretty funny, and he looks like a big nerd! I :heart: nerds!!

Re: EDGE!!!!

i really hate having a favourite band member. in any band. but i have to say the edge.

rockonedge said:
There seems to be a lack of Edgers in this thread *pouts* but i am here to declare the obvious (emm...see screename) that Edge is my favorite of all!! I :heart: :edge:!!! Something about his beautiful voice (slow down my beating heart...slowly love...slllooowly love *dies* :combust: ) and amazing guitar playing skills and happy beanies and his ability to dress up as himself on halloween without getting noticed ("you're so like him...but you're a bit short..." :laugh:) and he always wins the bullfight! Yeah Edge!! :love: And he has nice eyes too! Edge, you rock!!!

the edge is an amazing guitarist. EVERYONE says that they were trying to sound like no one else out there when they started playing, but not to many people do a good job of being original.

i'd like to think that the edge is my favourite person in u2 because of music. it's really easy to say that he's one of the biggest influences as far as guitar playing goes (i'd say that chad taylor from live is another), because the reason i like u2 is because of the music. that's the reason they're one of my favourite bands. it's not because the edge has the coolest eyes and smile.

but i'm a really crappy liar. cos he really does have the best eyes and cutest smile...

and i completley agree with the singing rockonedge's quote, and have rewound the dvd to that point of "in a little while" so many times. i've watched the dvd with the sole intention of watching that one little 10 second or so clip.

but before i surfed around on the internet and found amazing edge pics, plenty of his guitar parts were having the same melting effect...i am a puddle just thinking about the intro to "in god's country".

the only problem is CONVINCING people that the music can have a more profound effect on liquifiying me than some pictures can. i mean, my mom STILL thinks i wear a hat all the time because edge does, regardless of how many times i've pointed out that i've been doing that 8 years before i became a u2 fan. she probably doesn't beleive me because i can't think of a real reason for why i wear a hat anymore. i used to wear one because i was violently opposed to ponytails and had long hair, but then i got it cut and it just seems WEIRD to not have a hat on...but if no one here wants to beleive me, fine, if it doesn't bother me that my own family doesn't beleive me, it's not going to make a difference whether a bunch of people i don't know on a message board somewhere out in cyberspace don't beleive me.

and again i think i wrote too much...i will be the worst thread killer yet. sorry.

Re: Re: EDGE!!!!

IWasBored said:

but i'm a really crappy liar. cos he really does have the best eyes and cutest smile...

and i completley agree with the singing rockonedge's quote, and have rewound the dvd to that point of "in a little while" so many times. i've watched the dvd with the sole intention of watching that one little 10 second or so clip.

but before i surfed around on the internet and found amazing edge pics, plenty of his guitar parts were having the same melting effect...i am a puddle just thinking about the intro to "in god's country".

EEEee!! I love that intro! Its so great...i remember it coming on right before U2 did the halftime show...and I do the Dvd thing all the time too...its such a nice little moment, and it does make me melt into a little puddle on the floor.

*sister walks in* *sees puddle* *glances at tv* *walks upstairs shaking head* And everyone loves Edges eyes and smile too...Edge just rocks! No denying it!

I refuse to say that any of the guys are better/my favourite....I love U2 because of the music......:|

But Bono is frickin hot!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool::combust::drool::combust::drool:
So is Edge..............:drool:

For years Bono was pretty much the only U2 member I really knew, could instantly point out. He was (and still is) so beautiful and that amazing, passionate voice made him such a standout for me. But after several viewings of the VH1 Legends show I saw the drummer. OMG! I was shocked that I never noticed this stunning man before (and that accent is so killer as well), so I became a Larry girl.
By this time I was becoming very well acquainted with all the band members and all of U2's music, buying up CDs, books, videos, the whole nine. I was watching the "Stuck In A Moment" video on the Elevation DVD and there it was, The Edge. It's kind of dumb, I knew who he was, kind of thought he was like sad or weird most of the time (going back to JT and Zooropa times), but here he is in this video skipping stones and wearing flip-flops. Edge just seemed so cool and completely comfortable with himself, and that really stuck with me.
Slowly I started leaning toward Edge, reading more interviews and realizing how witty he is, hearing him sing "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and just melting from how sweet his voice is, and so on. Of course I think he is completely gorgeous, those cheekbones, eyes, perfect nose, flawless skin, et al.
Long story short, it took me more than 15 years to really notice The Edge but I think that's mainly because the things that a 10 year old values are so different from what a 25 year old thinks are important. Then, it was so much more about the outward, not it's the inward qualities that seem to make the outer stuff even greater.

Bono! Smart, sweet, cool and HOT! :drool: I love his voice, his walk, his gestures, his smile. I love his black hair and beautiful face and EYES! And that NECK! LOVE that sexy neck! :sick: If I had to take one era go with AB. The Fly and MacPhisto are my men! :macdevil: um, did I mention he was SEXY??!! :drool:

Last edited:
madamc said:
Adam and I back from vacation...hehehe

adamlane.jpg

Well I used to like Bono..cos he has a great voice, and he's easy on the eyes ;)

I like Adam because...I like his bass lines, he's got a great accent, from the interviews I've read, he's pretty funny, and he looks like a big nerd! I :heart: nerds!!

I do so love this photo........

Back
Top Bottom