Who is ready for Return of the King!!!!!????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Only a few more days! (I'm actually not seeing it until Saturday...) I am so excited! People are saying it's the movie to beat for the Oscars this year. I hope it lives up to the hype, I think it's going to!

Will Frodo destroy the ring?

Will Aragorn become king of Gondor?

Will Orlando Bloom continue to look HOT!!!???

Eeck, I can't wait. :hyper:

Too hot to be in the same shot! Aragorn the ranger and Legolas.
image1.jpg

Sam, Frodo's faithful companion (not like THAT!), with the light from Galadriel.
image6.jpg

Mmmm...
image11.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, I'm a sexy elf.
image13.jpg

Faramir. He is cool, but you have to have seen the extended version of Two Towers to really know that.
image19.jpg

King Aragorn!
image22.jpg

The White City, Minas Tirith, the capital of Gondor.
image1.jpg

Aragorn rallies the troops for the Battle of Pelennor Fields.
image1.jpg

:hyper:

I can't wait! I'm hoping to see it Thursday, but I'm not counting on that :sigh:

It's 3 and 1/2 hours long..I just have to plan my bathroom/fluid consumption strategy accordingly so as to not miss a second :D And probably get there at least an hour early. I'm planning to get my tix online.

And of course Orlando will continue to look HOT :shame: are you insane? :sexywink:

They might make The Hobbit next, I read that last week

MrsSpringsteen said:

It's 3 and 1/2 hours long..I just have to plan my bathroom/fluid consumption strategy accordingly so as to not miss a second :D And probably get there at least an hour early. I'm planning to get my tix online.

Haha, I peed 3 times during Pearl Harbor

:hyper: I've been counting the days! Don't think I'll be able to see it until the weekend though... :tsk:

:hyper: Me! Me!

I'm seeing it at 10:30 a.m. Sunday. On Saturday, my sis and I are getting together with some friends to watch the extended versions of the first two films... and possibly some LOTR Trivial Pursuit afterward! :wink: Can't wait!!! It's a LOTR weekend!!! :D

:faint:

I don't think I can put into words what I thought about this movie

Definitely bring plenty of tissues..of course maybe some of you aren't the emotional wimp that I am :wink:

I don't want to give any of it away..but it's just wonderful..visually stunning, usual superb acting.. it's completely riveting..and the emotional part really got to me this time. Of course some of that is the sadness of the trilogy ending, but when you see it, I think you'll know what I mean.

This movie should win Best Picture, of course in all likelihood it won't :angry:

I have even more appreciation for Viggo now as well

:drool: :wink:

My only disappointment is that Legolas isn't on screen enough :D

oh....you're not an emotional 'wimp' if you cry :no: . There are events that happen to people that you would [or perceived to be] rather 'cold' if you didn't shed a tear, looked at least a bit pained, or in shock.

Even in a movie...if it's done well, if the actors and cinematography bring you in to care about the characters, the stories that unfold between, and around them-- you are that more likely to cry from the themes, events, and interactions-so skillfully portrayed !

I have to remeber to bring extra tissues! I know I'm going to need them. Probably going Sat or Sun.

I loved all the extra Faramir scenes, liked the psychological underpinnings PJ gave to explain why he was acting that way.

Luckily I have PLEBA and other fun threads to keep me occupied in a fun way [of several fun activities] while waiting :hyper: for the weekend & movie. YAY :laugh:

:eek:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movies/12/19/film.lordoftherings.ap/index.html

And in the TMI dept, I succeeded in not having to pee once until it was over :D Of course I was dehydrated from not drinking anything...but it was worth it :D

Btw, when I saw it people left before it was over..there are several times that the screen fades to black and it seems like it is over. Don't leave until it says "the end"

I really hope there was nothing after THAT :shifty:

MrsSpringsteen said:
And in the TMI dept, I succeeded in not having to pee once until it was over :D Of course I was dehydrated from not drinking anything...but it was worth it :D

Ditto, and we even got there an hour early! IMO, the second movie is better, but maybe this one will grow on me.

I know people who have seen it and they say it's great! I'm going to try to go Sunday.

dazzledbylight said:
oh....you're not an emotional 'wimp' if you cry

LOL, I think my boyfriend was crying....at least I heard him sniffle a bit and afterward, his friend was saying how some parts are really sad even for guys and they both kinda nodded.

I have to say the movie included three of the things I fear the most: heights (the whole climbing and not ever being stable), a giant spider, and a finger getting cut off! *shudder*

I think they should combine all three extended versions and re-work them a bit so that they can release one HUGE long version!!! (yeah, yeah, on like 8 DVDs but so what?!?)

Here in my city (Porto Alegre, south of Brazil) all the tickets are over... and I'll have to wait for next week :sad:
But.. some movies of my city are gonna play the 3 movies together, the first, the second and the third, but it'll happen just once for day and it'll be 3 days, I'm gonna try to buy my ticket online for tomorrow :hyper:

I just saw it, and I loved it, of course! I cried several times too, and I heard plenty of sniffling in the theater, so I wasn't alone.

I just can't understand Aragorn hooking up with the Liv the elf rather than the princess of Rodan. I know, that's what happened in the book. But I thought that Miranda Otto's character was so much more brave and dynamic. And that last scene she was in with her father really got to me.

If this movie doesn't win an Academy Award...:mad: But what really counts is that it will be remembered and watched forever long after other '03 films are forgotten.

Great movie, the best of the saga, my boyfriend cried and that was the second time that saw it, he is hard-core LOTR fan, sometimes he speaks me about that and in a moment what he says loses sense

Ok I've got to see this again now! I was so hyped up for the movie to end because I was dying to know what was going to happen.....:shifty: even though I read the book....

:up::up: Loved it!!!!!!!!!!

MrsSpringsteen said:
Did you ladies know they have LOTR dolls, including talking Gollums? I was just on Amazon and they have them through Toys R Us

I think I want one :reject:

They don't do justice to the Legolas doll, lol :( :ohmy:

Thanks for the stills soulnation-what did they do, take a digital camera in ? (not that I didn't consider doing that :shifty: )

Of course a Legolas doll could never be as good as the real thing :drool:

Back
Top Bottom