Who feels creepy about this post?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seabird

War Child
with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she
I just made post number 666 :yikes: and I don't like it. Even though I was ready to get offline I must post again to get rid of it. Did any of the rest of you feel a little scared or uneasy at all about that post, or did you at least joke about it? I hope I'm not the only one. :reject:

Last edited:
nah, not really.

esp because of two things:
1] I'm an ex-Catholic, ex-Christian so I don't relate to certain previous beleifs and the permutations that grow out of that the way I might have say 25 years ago.

2] I heard a fascinating take [on radio] on 666 about 10 years ago. I wish I had been in the position {I could have been at work, or running around with my walkman going} to have paid even closer attention than I did. Then I probably would have remebered the whole of it!

But the idea was the scholar who relayed it said that that number had a whole political-social thing aboutit re: the jews/romans/new christians.

I think the idea was to the 'outsider' [non-christian] and maybe even to the ?? least committed of the nascent faith, it's outer meaning was tied up with "the devil", but it's *real meaning* was some political/social protest or like a "we're here and not going away! <get used to it>" secret message to each other as a "fellow traveler" to keep each other strong through early persecutions.

Too darn bad I don't remeber the actually content!! This is Contentless Contextual Information :der:.:rolleyes:

Until the events of Revelation actually take place, it is just a number. I can understand your uneasiness about it, but seeing 666 pop up somewhere is not a sign of the End Times.

I bought some books some time ago, and the total came up to $6.66. "Nice total," I remarked, and the clerk said, "It's the Anti-Purchase!" :laugh:

Agreed ^^^^.

I'm waaaaaay past that post number, and don't even remember noticing when I got to my 666th post, so... And even so...it's never been something that's bothered me, personally.

Hehe, I remember a friend of mine back in middle school who, one year, had locker number 666, though. :p. And if you knew her, you'd feel that was rather appropriate for her, too, LOL.

Angela

YEAH, I didn't notice mine. But TheWho4Life, a great frieend of mine here. Had that and I was thinkingplease post post something to make it change! lol!

In fact I wanted to have mine as lng as possible :laugh: but then I had to post something again and that great number was gone. :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom