Who all has met the guys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have you met U2?

• yes, I am the envy of everyone who hasn't.

Votes: 47 40.2%
  • NOPE!!!

Votes: 70 59.8%

• Total voters
I've met Bono :) I met him after the PopMart show in Seattle in 1997 and then again on my 25th birthday a week or so before the first Elevation show! What a great bday gift! I even got a birthday hug. That was VERY NICE :D I know I have the pic scanned somewhere. I'll post it later.

I've met all the band the most recent was all of them together at the taping of the Jonathan Ross show backstage.

But last year I met Bono 3 times Adam 3 times Edge twice and Larry once.

So I'm more than happy!!:drool:

BUT dont give up it took me over 20 years to meet Bono!!

I met all 4 of the guys over the first 2 nights at Anaheim in 2001 and have met or ran into each of them since then as well.

Yes, I have met Bono.

In 1993 U2 were in town for Zoo TV. My friend and I waited for them at soundcheck and Bono stopped his car and met about 20 or so fans waiting. My friend had the presence of mind thankfully to ask him for a photo so we got either side of him and my then boyfriend took it. I was so blown out by how "petite" Bono is and that he had the same freckles in real life and wow, did I go gaga! :drool:

Standing there next to him, with my arm around his waist, :drool: I was so overcome with shyness/embarassment/I don't know (all these people were watching me being snapped with Bono) that I didn't know what to say and said the next few STUPID words "This must all be so tiresome for you". He turned to look me at me, I could see those baby blues through the flyshades staring at me :ohmy: and he replied "oh no, I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy it". I just thought "OH MY GOD, I've waited 12 years and I've offended him!!!!!!" :scream: :scream: :scream: And that was it, he went off to meet and talk and sign autographs for all the other fans, my friend got an autograph on her thigh of her jeans :drool: (I couldn't, I was wearing all black, just like Bono :wink: ) and he didn't say another word to me!

One good thing though, after we had our picture, Bono said no to any more individual pics, so lucky we were the only ones!!!!! :wink:

The next week my boyfriend and I were in Sydney, saw the first show which Adam missed for "medical" reasons, and hung out at U2's hotel for 2 days. When they left Sydney the final morning, I was sitting on a step across the road from the hotel and Bono waved at me as his car went by! Pathetic but true!!!!:laugh:

Yes, after years and years of waiting I met them last October in London, met Adam and Edge briefly, larry quickly walked on by everyone hehe and then Bono sang me Happy Birthday in my ear!!!! :drool:

Best birthday present ever! :)

Last edited:
celia said:
Yes, after years and years of waiting I met them last October in London, met Adam and Edge briefly, larry quickly walked on by everyone hehe and then Bono sang me Happy Birthday in my ear!!!! :drool:

Best birthday present ever! :)

Oh, my!!!! :ohmy:

:drool:

Yes. Duing Zoo TV I had coffee w. Bono. :love: I've also had Edge and Larry sign various tickets from Popmart and Elevation.

I guess I've probably used up all my U2 luck! :sigh:

In 1993 U2 were in town for Zoo TV. My friend and I waited for them at soundcheck and Bono stopped his car and met about 20 or so fans waiting. My friend had the presence of mind thankfully to ask him for a photo so we got either side of him and my then boyfriend took it. I was so blown out by how "petite" Bono is and that he had the same freckles in real life and wow, did I go gaga!

Nice work Blueeyes - its very easy to say "when i meet Bono Im gonna say.....) but when yer actually in the moment it must be very difficult!

I reckon I'd probbly say "blwoowairrrrr narphlig plerb snoogle flarf" :coocoo:

I got Adam and Larry's autograph before an elevation show in NJ. I shook Adam's hand and kissed his cheek. Larry posed for a picture with me which didn't come out! The whole thing was such a shock and happened so fast.
Then a few months later I drove from NJ to Baltimore (3 hour ride) with no ticket, but just to try to get to meet them. All 4 of them signed my JT album cover! I shook Bono's hand and kissed it. That was one of the highlights of my life. It's so hard because there are a ton of fans all lined up and everyone is holding out things for them to sign. There is so much to say, but it's so hard to say anything at that moment, and then it's over.
I know I am lucky and I have my autographs matted and framed on my living room wall

No, and I confess, I am becoming much too bitter and jealous to even read any more of these meeting stories. I've been a fan for 22 years and have never met them. I have run out of 'good for you' and 'I'm happy for you' I just plain don't want to see it anymore, it makes me feel depressed. Everyone meets them but me, and oh yes, I have tried!

And if one more person tells me "it will happen" or "If I did it anyone can" or "that's what I used to think too" I will cry. It's NOT going to happen. You don't get it. I don't have the money or the time or the chance to chase them around, and it's looking less and less likely I'll even be able to attend even ONE show this tour. So please, don't say it. I've heard it all.

The only reason I'm saying this is so you won't think I'm bad for not congratulating each and every one of you (though you probably think even worse of me now) and to see if anyone else is feeling like I am but won't admit it, even to themselves. If you are, I'd love to talk to you, please PM or email me at u2kitten@yahoo.com. But please, no more 'don't give ups' or 'it will happen' and most of all, please don't tell me your success stories. I am looking for someone to cry into my beer with here. Misery loves company? :grumpy: :sigh: :(

Back
Top Bottom