While we are waiting for The Nobel Peace Prize...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merc

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Yep, in 3 hours - 11am (CET) - we will know who is the winner of this years Nobel Peace Prize! :hyper:

So while we wait for news from Oslo, let's post pics of :bono: with any award! :D

:wink:

ETA: Was a little fast with the timezones there... :reject:

Last edited:
Oh well... No Peace Prize for Bono this time either! :shrug:

The Nobel Peace Prize for 2005 goes to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and its Director General, Mohamed ElBaradei...

"for their efforts to prevent nuclear energy from being used for military purposes and to ensure that nuclear energy for peaceful purposes is used in the safest possible way"

Well, pics are welcome anyway! :wink:

Oh well B, there's always next year :)

capt.jpg

53387138.jpg

45469f7e.jpg

2103fd77.jpg

he will get it eventually! I'm sure; or else keep getting nominated at the very least...that is in itself the honour I guess

Awwwwww poor Bono he honestly deserved that award. I applaud him though for even having had the honor of being nominated! :applaud: . Congratulations to Bono who did something that many others only dream of doing! :hug:

I hope he will never win the prize

I really love how he puts so much efford in the good cause, but he has his already huge popularity and good connections to support his fight.

Other lesser known and supportet effords should get teh price because it brings recognition and money, which is hard to get.

However, Bono truly reserves all the respect for his work :)

I hope this quote says it all about why Bono keeps getting nominated by never gets the prize...

When Alfred Nobel died on December 10, 1896, it was discovered that he had left a will, dated November 27, 1895, according to which most of his vast wealth was to be used for five prizes, including one for peace. The prize for peace was to be awarded to the person who "shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding of peace congresses." The prize was to be awarded "by a committee of five persons to be elected by the Norwegian Storting."

"Nobel Prize" for prosthetic dog testicles goes to...

Gregg Miller mortgaged his home and maxed out his credit cards to mass produce his invention — prosthetic testicles for neutered dogs.

What started 10 years ago with an experiment on an unwitting Rottweiler named Max has turned into a thriving mail-order business. And on Thursday night Miller's efforts earned him a dubious yet strangely coveted honor: the Ig Nobel Prize for medicine.

"Considering my parents thought I was an idiot when I was a kid, this is a great honor," he said. "I wish they were alive to see it."

The Ig Nobels, given at Harvard University by Annals of Improbable Research magazine, celebrate the humorous, creative and odd side of science.

Miller has sold more than 150,000 of his Neuticles, more than doubling his $500,000 investment. The silicone implants come in different sizes, shapes, weights and degrees of firmness.

The product's Web site says Neuticles allow a pet "to retain his natural look" and "self esteem."

Now if there's one for this guy, surely we can cook up a reason to give Bono one. C'mon people.

:wink: TOTALLY understand!!!!

First of all: Bono is deeply concern...he stands for what's RIGHT...yet he never had back down...he's courageous by speaking IN THE NAME of millions of people!!! He's SO PASSIONATE about this situation...he just want to foolow us (and I too happily followed:wink: )...yet by bringing awareness is still one first step!!!

If it's not enough to award him....well at least he still has it in MY HEART!!!

Cathxxx

mr B actually DEFINITELY WILL win the prize; and not necessarily with Geldof at all.

I really believe he will still win it

whether he wants to or not!!!

Back
Top Bottom