Where The Toupee Has No Name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to start a war here, so calm down UVBabe, I am just saying I don't think we need to make a big deal out of this.

So you mean to tell me you have never made fun of one of your friends? You've never given anyone you like a hard time about anything? I raz my friends all the time, seriously...this shouldn't be a big deal.

oh geez. some people need to lighten up here.

there's nothing wrong about poking fun at someone--like you never made fun of some of your friends?

get a sense of humour will ya?:sexywink:

edit: OMG I DIDNT READ FISHY's POST!! great minds think a like! :lol:

I hesitate to post here because I know my name will only throw up a red flag and draw flames, but please allow me to explain.

I don't see how making fun of this is a 'sense of humor.' It's shitty, it's cruel, and it's not funny. Not if you like Bono. Imagine, if this is true, how sensitive and touchy he must be about it. He has already denied it in public, so all this speculation, dragging up pics and making jokes is hateful, it's calling him a liar, and it is DISRESPECTFUL to him. He is not only a great rock star, he is a very good person who is working to save the world. This belittling, ,yes, belittling of him is a strike at his dignity. Yes, it is. I can't personally see the 'sense of humor' that would find sport in picking on someone you allegedly like, but please, have a heart here, if this is true, he is hiding it, he doesn't want anyone to know, so what kind of sick thrill could someone possibly get from breaking some kind of supermarket rag mag scandal on him? Feel cool? Laughing real hard? Remember who your subject is. Don't say he'd laugh. He might laugh at other things, but he also has a temper when someone digs into his privacy and personal life. He also says invasion of privacy for famous people is wrong. That's what this is- an invasion of his privacy, and assault on his pride and dignity, and it's in bad taste, tactless, and just plain SHITTY!

Last edited:
he's a rockstar...can afford to get a hair transplant...he has alllll the money in the world.

if he gets mad...he can cry on his designer pillow and wipe his tears with 100$ bills.

people make fun of roseanne and oprah--do they get mad? sure they do--and they do something about it--like confront the public about it!

like we all said before, there's nothing wrong with balding. it just looks really tacky when he wears a toupee that REALLY SHOWS!!!

we all love bono, and want him to look the best he possibly can, and we all know that he can do better than wear that tacky, clashy toupee!!

he should ask elton john for his hair transplant surgeon's number, and i mean it in a GOOD way. like i said..he has all the money in the world.

Last edited:
I can tell you one thing- apparently the girls in the Bono folder of Zootopia have deeper feelings for Bono than most of the girls who have posted here. You know, someone posted this crap there too, but you know what happened? Many of the girls denounced it, said 'how dare you' 'this shouldn't happen' 'you are disrespecting Bono' and more. Only ONE person joined in to joke with the poster, and the girls did not think she was cool. Most of the girls either condemned the action or stayed out of it completely. The poster got so mean they were banned. I tell you, being banned is a rare thing on Zootopia, but this person was banned. All his posts and threads were either deleted or moved to archives. Oh, and the moderator there knows Bono personally and thought the crap was disgraceful.

I can tell you something else, for all of you who think Bono 'would laugh' or 'is a big boy' and would not be upset by this: Edge's cousin (yes it's really her, she's been there for a long time) posted after the threads discussing this subject and she called the behavior APPALLING!! She called it " SLAGGING OFF" on Bono and that he would be hurt!!!! She said he was the most generous and kind hearted person she knew, and he did not deserve 'the lot of you' treating him this way. SO THERE- Bono does NOT think this kind of thing is funny! She KNOWS him and she said it hurt him!! But, ulike here, it was only one person, his aliases and one accompice that participated in such as this. Sadly here, many of you, including a moderator who should be above this, are doing it. Look, there are lines of commone decency that can be crossed, and this crosses it. Have some respect for this man, his privacy, and his feelings. If you want to joke on someone, how about Britney Spears? I hear her boobs are fake and she's lying about it!!

I hope instead of bashing me you will take all this to heart and think about it. Please.

was this cousin's name CHIARA by any chance?

about britney....this isn't a britney forum. sorry to break it to ya.

oh and another thing...mods are people too--they have opinions like everyone else, and are allowed to express them. They are human like you and i...and are U2 fans just like you and i.

Last edited:
madamc said:
was this cousin's name CHIARA by any chance?

about britney....this isn't a britney forum. sorry to break it to ya.

There is a Britney forum because my daughter used to go there.

Madamc, it is clear you have no feelings for Bono. Maybe if someone joked on Adam you'd be pissed. I know a lot of those reading this agree with me but are hesitant to post in fear of backlash. Please, I know you don't want to say anything but let your heart speak for you and let these people know this is not acceptable or funny.

i make fun of adam all the time....

1) superhooch
2)lumberjack
3)his facial hairs (moustache and nasty goatee)
4)when he had bad teeth
5) his supposedly nasty farting problem
6) pants too tight *ahem*

so? i can see past those things, and still find him sexy. everyone has their off days, and there's nothing wrong with that.

GypsyHeartgirl[/i][B]Look said:

I know a lot of those reading this agree with me but are hesitant to post in fear of backlash. Please, I know you don't want to say anything but let your heart speak for you and let these people know this is not acceptable or funny.

Gypsy, I take this as deliberatly trying to stir up trouble. There is no need to "rally the troops" this thread has been up for two days, if people had wanted to respond in a negative fashion they would have already. If you like the atmosphere of the Zoo board so much, why don't you spend your days over there. There is nothing wrong with this thread in my mind. I am sorry if that makes me satan in your eyes.

This thread was doing fine until today. Most people are mature enough to have this discussion, I'm sorry you are offended, but we are all entitled to our opinion. You have made yours clear, MadamC I think you have made your stance clear as well. Can we all just respect eachothers opinions?

If not I will close the thread, even though I think we should all be mature enough to keep it open.

Madam thank you for the nice words about being a mod. Most people tend to forget that mods have opinions too.

Fishy

Last edited:
FishNeedsABicycle said:

Most people are mature enough to have this discussion, I'm sorry you are offended, but we are all entitled to our opinion. Can we all just respect eachothers opinions?

I was going to say that....great minds think a like! ;)

FishNeedsABicycle said:
I'm not trying to start a war here, so calm down UVBabe, I am just saying I don't think we need to make a big deal out of this.

So you mean to tell me you have never made fun of one of your friends? You've never given anyone you like a hard time about anything? I raz my friends all the time, seriously...this shouldn't be a big deal.

If my friends 'razzed' me like this they wouldn't be my friends anymore. You know what happened to me? When I was 11 I had a motorbike wreck and I got all my front teeth knocked out. I had to go to school with no teeth for awhile until my false ones were made. Only 2 friends knew about this. I tried to keep my mouth shut. Well some mean boy noticed my mouth was funny and started joking behind my back that I had no teeth. I didn't know it but one of the girls who knew told them what happened. Then they started whispering and staring and laughing. Then they made a big joke about it and laughed. I was so mad and I cried! They said there was something wrong with me, I should think it was FUNNY? Sorry, no! Then I got my fake teeth and most kids never knew but they started pointing it out to people and they started to pay attention to it and joke me. I was really embarrassed but they still thought it was funny and I should laugh! I thought it was sick. That's why I think this is sick. You can make fun of someone's lipstick but not their teeth being fake. Make fun of a hairstyle but not replaced hair. Make fun of clothes but not fat stomachs. Make fun of shoes but not a wooden leg. My grandpa has an old saying never joke about the truth. If it's something personal it's gone too far and is not funny.

madamc said:
he's a rockstar...can afford to get a hair transplant...he has alllll the money in the world.

if he gets mad...he can cry on his designer pillow and wipe his tears with 100$ bills.

people make fun of roseanne and oprah--do they get mad? sure they do--and they do something about it--like confront the public about it!

like we all said before, there's nothing wrong with balding. it just looks really tacky when he wears a toupee that REALLY SHOWS!!!

we all love bono, and want him to look the best he possibly can, and we all know that he can do better than wear that tacky, clashy toupee!!

he should ask elton john for his hair transplant surgeon's number, and i mean it in a GOOD way. like i said..he has all the money in the world.

Clashy? Tacky? I never noticed anything strange until you pointed it out. Most people don't go around staring and wouldn't pay any attention so it's better not to draw attention to things like that in people. It's not very nice. I think Bono's hair looks pretty just the way it is.

we are all entitled to our opinions. we have to agree to disagree.

Ultravioletbabe said:

If my friends 'razzed' me like this they wouldn't be my friends anymore. You know what happened to me? When I was 11 I had a motorbike wreck and I got all my front teeth knocked out. I had to go to school with no teeth for awhile until my false ones were made. Only 2 friends knew about this. I tried to keep my mouth shut. Well some mean boy noticed my mouth was funny and started joking behind my back that I had no teeth. I didn't know it but one of the girls who knew told them what happened. Then they started whispering and staring and laughing. Then they made a big joke about it and laughed. I was so mad and I cried! They said there was something wrong with me, I should think it was FUNNY? Sorry, no! Then I got my fake teeth and most kids never knew but they started pointing it out to people and they started to pay attention to it and joke me. I was really embarrassed but they still thought it was funny and I should laugh! I thought it was sick. That's why I think this is sick. You can make fun of someone's lipstick but not their teeth being fake. Make fun of a hairstyle but not replaced hair. Make fun of clothes but not fat stomachs. Make fun of shoes but not a wooden leg. My grandpa has an old saying never joke about the truth. If it's something personal it's gone too far and is not funny.

Im sorry that you were made fun of when you were younger, it truly sucks to be made fun of. BUT THE THING IS, IS THAT NO ONE HERE KNOWS BONO OR TALKS TO HIM EVERYDAY NOR DOES BONO COME TO THIS WEBSITE THAT WE KNOW OF. SO IF YOU REALLY THINK ABOUT IT HE'S NOT GETTING HIS FEELINGS HURT BC HE HAS NO CLUE. I PERSONALLY DONT CARE IF BONO HAS A TOUPEE OR NOT BUT COME ON THE ONLY REASON WHY THIS THREAD WAS STARTED IS BC "CERTAIN PPLE" GET EASILY OFFENDED WHEN IT COMES TO THE BAND.

BTW ADAM HAS CHICKLET TEETH AND I STILL LOVE HIM!
:mac:

Ok girls, enough is enough. This thread has no hopes of ever turning positive again.

I feel like some good points were made, but we are just kicking a dead horse here.

If anyone has problems you can PM me, otherwise this discussion is closed.

Thank you to those of you who had enough of a sense of humor to laugh at this thread while it lasted.

Last edited:
FishNeedsABicycle said:
Ok come on, we're only having fun...we do song parodies all the time, and parodies are rarely favorable, like they would take us seriously anyway.

I personally don't care if the man is bald, uses a weave, shaves his head...WHO CARES...we liked them first for their music and second for their looks, so what's the big deal? Bono's a big boy, he's heard all of this before, he knows he's losing his hair he even mentioned it on the Popmart tour, so who cares, obviously he doesn't or he wouldn't have mentioned it.

I personally don't see the big deal in discussing baldness. We discuss Edge's baldness all the time. Why is it different for Bono? Because it's new? So when does it become ok? Is there a baldness grace period I am unaware of?

:huh:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

My apologies for not being here sooner, as I did receive some PM's about this thread...however, I just finished havin' company this weekend, and my time online was limited until earlier today, so I apologize for being slow to respond.

Thanks to Fishy for keepin' tabs on things. :kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom