Where Should I Go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Hey girls help me out, especially the international travellers!

When my boyfriend and I go back to England in the fall, I want to go do some sightseeing inside Europe. We'll probably only go for 2 days (1 night) or maybe even a one-day trip. This isn't to do everything in that country (obviously) but spend a nice couple days in a fun and interesting city.

Right now here are my list of ideas:

Dublin (though I already went, although can you go enough?)
Vienna
Berlin
Praque
Amsterdam
France (not necessarily Paris)

I want to keep it cheap, for instance I can find a flight to Dublin and back for 20 GBP.

Thanks for all your suggestions! :happy: :wave:

~Olive

Well Dublin is the obvivous vote but I think you should go to Berlin bc my sister really enjoyed her stay there. I could try to get you some info on where she stayed for you, if you would like me too :)

Last edited:
Oooh I forgot about Scotland :hmm:

I am leaning to Berlin- I have a friend I haven't seen in 5 years who lives there. I'll let you know Kelly if I need info, thanks!! :D

meegannie said:
Scotland :up:

I want to live in Edinburgh.

You should come visit Nottingham too!! :wave:

Ooh Scotland!

This is making me :sick: over all the places there are to go!

Meegannie, Nottingham would be awesome! My flight out of London is an early one, so we'll probably go down the day before- maybe we can meet up for tea! :sexywink: :D That's Sat., October 25th, I believe. :) :)

I just got off the phone w/ Monty and he mentioned Italy as well. Sheesh a girl has to make such tough decisions huh? ;) :happy:

I'm never been to any of them (the only foreign country I've set foot in is Canada...) but of your list, I think Vienna would be cool. I'm very jealous, Carrie.

oooh Prague is absolutely beautiful. I've been there twice - you can get cheap flights there from the UK. Plus it's really cheap when you get there.

Here's a couple of photos from one of my trips

prague2.jpg

prague1.jpg

:sigh:

Of course, Dublin is pretty cool too...... :wink:

As is Nottingham.......

And Scotland.......

teehee said:
Barcelona is a wonderful city. You may like it :yes:

I'm leaning towards Barcelona now. I think it'd be a fun city to see, and I wouldn't feel pressure to see 500 sites in only one day. I can't remember if Monty said he's been there :scratch: I'd like to go somewhere new for him, too.

MVD, I have an extra-large suitcase if you'd like to come with! :)

oliveu2cm said:

I'm leaning towards Barcelona now. I think it'd be a fun city to see, and I wouldn't feel pressure to see 500 sites in only one day. I can't remember if Monty said he's been there :scratch: I'd like to go somewhere new for him, too.

I haven't seen other cities like Prague, Berlin or Vienna so I can't compare but trust me -- Barcelona is a good choice. It is located next to the beach, it has a lot of lovely places and monuments, good restaurants and of course a great nightlife. Just marvellous.

:drool:

oliveu2cm said:

:lol: :yes: :sexywink: :wave:

thanks sweetie. i am sure the both of you will have a blast no matter where you go. have fun.

i can't give you any help because i want to visit all of the places that have already been mentioned. *prays that this will happen soon*

Last edited:
Go to Madrid, that city is absolutely beautiful. I've been there like 7 times. There is so much to do in Madrid, there are plenty of amazing parks and museums to visit. Also the shopping is fantastic and the food is delicious.

Well my vote(s) goes to:

1- Amsterdam
2- Prague
3- The Greek Islands ( The beaches are absolutely fantastic)
3- Portofino

And add Dublin to any of the above to round up your holidays! :wink: :D

:drool:

I think we are leaning toward Milan now lol! We might scratch our trip to the english lakes and stay for a couple nights in Italy instead... Monty said it's easy to grab a train to the base of the Alps & see the lakes/area there :sick: oooh so exciting!! :hyper: :cute:

These sort of trips kinda make up for the time we have to spend apart! :)

Back
Top Bottom