Where is he?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lucy3011

War Child
First of all, U2Kitten, I'm sorry for direct-linking. If it is a problem, let me know and I'll sort it. Cheers.

Now, question, does anyone know where Bono is in this pic?

ufjacket-vi.jpg

Is it, perchance, Galway? (or rather, just outside Galway on a little "island" called Lettermore)

Anyone got any ideas?

:laugh: I just want to know, because I swear the houses behind him are now what are called "Island Holiday Cottages" where I stayed when I was in Galway in September.

Either that or they look a LOT like them.

:shocked:

I think that might be the place I stayed in when I went to Ireland years ago, I remember it was in Galway. But all those cottages can certainly look the same

I know my place was right near a beach, and it had a red telephone booth near the entrance

I do not mind anyone direct linking my pics. My page is paid up through the end of Jan. and no matter how much the pics are posted it will not cost me any more and once it's paid there is no bandwidth limit so post away!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
lol, I thought it was literally going to be a "where's Bono?" pic, like:

bono_grass.jpg
I was going to make a joke about him being the one laying on the ground, but then I saw that the picture is called bono_grass.jpg. Is he really in that picture!?

I think this may be in Galway. I believe Bono had some pictures taken there back in 1985 when he did a duet with Clannad. The song was "In a Lifetime". I think I remember the magazine article that talked about the song and his trip to Galway with Clannad.

zana said:
I think this may be in Galway. I believe Bono had some pictures taken there back in 1985 when he did a duet with Clannad. The song was "In a Lifetime". I think I remember the magazine article that talked about the song and his trip to Galway with Clannad.

this is my hunch too. He certainly has the same hair in that picture that he does in the music video he did with Clannad.

If I remember correctly, there are other places in an around Galway that look similar. And the sparsity of the ground is very familiar.

So I'm convinced it's Galway. May NOT be the Island Holiday Cottages though...

This will probably bug me for a month.

I don't remember if I named it bono_grass back in the day, or if that's what it saved as. I always assumed he was the one in the grass.

Back
Top Bottom