Where did these calendar pics come from??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
2002cal2.jpg

2002cal1.jpg

2002cal3.jpg

I just saw these on a website as being in the upcoming 2001 Calendar, and I want to know if any of you have seen these before? When were they taken? One looks like a concert pic, but I have never seen that jacket. I am confused by the others, Bono's and Adam's hair are so different than the telethon just last week, surely Adam couldn't have grown his hair that much so it couldn't be brand new could it? If anyone has seen these before, or knows the history of those pics please tell me!

Oh, sorry, they won't post because for some reason every time you type @u2 out in words it turns into asterix's here, and that was in the URL addy. If you want to see them go to @u2.com, you know, use the a and the t instead of the @
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 09-29-2001).]

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
2002cal2.jpg

2002cal1.jpg

2002cal3.jpg

When were they taken? One looks like a concert pic, but I have never seen that jacket. I am confused by the others, Bono's and Adam's hair are so different than the telethon just last week, surely Adam couldn't have grown his hair that much so it couldn't be brand new could it? If anyone has seen these before, or knows the history of those pics please tell me!

Is it Bonos jacket on the first you haven?t seen? No, can't be. The second looks like between Pop-era and now, Bono's hair is longer then Pop but shorter then now. The third is from now (00-01), I belive. Nice pics. I saw the 2002 callender in recordstore in Dublin while I was there but didn't buy it...
frown.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

Thank you Miss Zooropa. Was that the same calendar you saw in Dublin? So it's on sale already?

The star jacket in the shot where Edge is wearing the football shirt looks different from any of his Elevation tour ones. I was wondering about those pics, I had never seen them. If they are already in a calendar that's on sale they aren't brand new, thank you for the update.

I'm uploading them right now! If you want to see go to the website that comes up as asterix when I try to type it, @u2.com, only you have to type at instead of the @ sign. I don't know why it turns it to asterix! Once you get there, click on pix and there will be 3 calendar piccies and some concert shots.

Thank you Miss Zooropa. Was that the same calendar you saw in Dublin? So it's on sale already?

The star jacket in the shot where Edge is wearing the football shirt looks different from any of his Elevation tour ones. I was wondering about those pics, I had never seen them. If they are already in a calendar that's on sale they aren't brand new, thank you for the update.

Didn't flip through it, just saw it in the store (too much U2-stuff in that store to check it all out) But since it's Elevationpics in it it can't be last years. Don't know if I can't see it, but what's different with the jacket, isn't it the one he has onstage?

When looking at the pics again, the second and third are probably from the same photoshot cause they wear the same clothes on them, it just looks like Bono?s hair is shorter because of the angle, which made me date it earlier.

*considirng buying the calender*

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

Yes, Miss Zooropa, I thought that jacket was different, blue-er and with the star on the pocket, just looks different. I thougth the other two were from the same photo shoot but Bono's hair looks longer in the color one, it must be the angle like you said. I was wondering about that, is it a new jacket,and the hair. I mean Bono could've cut his (though I wish he wouldn't!) but how could Adam's have grown, Adam's hair was pracically shaved bald at the telethon last week. Maybe those shots were from an early ATYCLB photo shoot. The website which turns to asterix here says it's already available in the stores in the UK so it must be the one you saw. Mysteries solved I guess. I only clicked on the link Matt sent me and never went to the main page first or I would have seen that.

But......AAAARRRRGGGGGGHH!! YOu were in a store with SO MUCH U2 stuff you couldn't look at it all! AAAAAHHHH!! I would die, and so would my credit cards, how could you stand it? What did you see? What did you buy? Name of store in case any of us ever get to go?? WOW!!

Here is the color version of the photo shoot
zk36000.jpg

Here is the 'concert' one with the 'weird' jacket. It looked like it was blue and had a pocket flap with a smaller star.
EP26135.jpg

Look at Bono's eyebrow coming out above those shades in the bottom one, he looks just like The Fly! Cool!
biggrin.gif

Yes, maybe the star is a bit smaller then normal. Probably all the pics are taken early 2001.

The store... hmm... it was so amazing I just stood there, amazed of how much U2 stuff it exists. The store is named Rythm Records, the address is 1 Aston Quay, Temple Bar. It's on the street following the river, easy to see if you walk to check out The Clarence, it's on the way.

Unfortunatly I was broke cause of the missed plane, London-Dublin earlier that week, mainly, other things as well, so I just bought a poster.
smile.gif
They had boots and vids from a lot of interesting shows and collections of old never released songs, covers, duetts, acoustics... I was on my way to buy the vid from the first London show and Toronto, since I had been to both but it was too much.
They had lovely laminated smaller posters from all eras, HUGE posters, signed posters, signed guitar, signed vinylsingles, books, calenders, pins, postcards and on and on and on.

I'll be back in there when I have more money... for sure!!
biggrin.gif

------------------

Here is the color version of the photo shoot
zk36000.jpg

Here is the 'concert' one with the 'weird' jacket. It looked like it was blue and had a pocket flap with a smaller star.
EP26135.jpg

When will the calendar be in stores here? What about that new U2 encyclopedia too?
These pics are hot!

[This message has been edited by Autumn454 (edited 09-29-2001).]

*THUD* Fishy picks herself up off the ground to comment on the Black and White Pic...OMG, Edge just looks Orgasmic in that pic!

AG62496.jpg

Flustered Fishy <><

------------------
Fishy
The Bedazzled Merch-Maid and Fashion Chair of Orgasmaton
and
The Original Hot Potato of LAYS

You put on the leather pants and the pants start telling you what to do. -Bono

That store in Dublin sounds so cool! I want to go to Dublin, meet the band, go to that store, then their houses, *SIGH* Dream on, I know
redface.gif

------------------
*many dreams come true, and some have silver linings. I live for my dream, and a pocketfull of gold*
-Led Zeppelin

*CLUNK*

*Disco falls out of chair over these pictures!*

OMG THESE ARE GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is this calendar??? I got a 2002 U2 calendar, but it's an "unofficial" calendar, and many of the pics I've seen already, but THESE are YUMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYY!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

HOW I WISH that Bono could wear his hair even like this for the next leg:

zk36000.jpg

look how cute and flippy it is in the back!
biggrin.gif

AND LOOK HOW ADORABLE EDGIE WEDGIE IS TOO!!!

and ALL of thenm look totally hot in this pic, MAMA MIA!!
eek.gif

AG62496.jpg

Whoo...is it hot in here??? *towels off*

WHERE DO I GET THIS CALENDAR????

disco

(exclaims in an italian accent looking at adam)

mamma mia, what a spicy pic-a! *mmmm*

------------------
"What fish don't know"--Marshall McLuhan

http://www.envy.nu/u2webring/u2.htm

http://pussygalore.blogspot.com

AG62496.jpg

At last, here is the third one in question, the black and white one. Yes, Miss Zooropa is right it is from the same photo shoot as the first one I posted and his hair looks different because of the lighting angle. I personally don't care for this one, they all look so MEAN and angry! I mean, they are all giving dirty looks but I swear EDGE looks about ready to kill somebody!
Edge: What? You wanna piece of me? You talking to me?? GRRRR>>>
mad.gif

That store sounds like U2 PARADISE!!! I would hate to be broke in there, and I'm sure I would be after a trip to Dublin.I could spend so much time and money there if I could!! I would love to stay at the CLarence but how expensive is it and is it always full? Thanks for telling us about the store, if anyone is going I hope they check it out, I know I will! Candys Room and UV2001 didn't you girls say you were renting a house in Dublin? GO THERE! Thanks Miss Zooropa!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom