Where are the boys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blm said:
Maybe some pix will turn up!!! [/B]

I hope ardently that pix of my favourite B-man together with his ali will turn up soon :pray: maybe while going on a cruise for their anniversary :heart: I'm sick of seeing them alone with other friends in different events :waiting:

Bono and his family arrived back in Dublin on Tuesday night apparently so the children can get ready for school.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that my sister in law who is staying in Killiney will get lucky.

Jeannieco said:
Hey Bono's Tart,
Just curious how did you discover that? :D I am trying to keep tabs on Bono as my trip to Dublin is coming up in September :hyper: :D
I hope he is around when we are there!

I had a text from my sister in law who is over in Dublin staying in Killiney apparently it was reported in the newspaper .
Maybe they are having their Wedding Anniversary party at home?

You may be lucky when you go I hope that you are!:wink:

Jeannieco said:
Hey Bono's Tart,
Just curious how did you discover that? :D I am trying to keep tabs on Bono as my trip to Dublin is coming up in September :hyper: :D

So is mine :hyper:

Jeannieco said:
Hey Bono's Tart,
I hope he is around when we are there!

When exactly is school starting in Ireland?
Sept 1 like it is here?

Bono's Tart said:
Bono and his family arrived back in Dublin on Tuesday night apparently so the children can get ready for school.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that my sister in law who is staying in Killiney will get lucky.

:ohmy: Hope so!

Bono's Tart said:
Sounds good! Are you sure? I'm in Dublin at the moment and I hope there's a chans to see him ( but I don't think there'll be one). But If any one of you know, tell me!!!!

Do you want to know what I think? Well, if those damned paparazzi haven't blown up all that presumed love story and bla bla bla...I'm sure we could have had as usual more pix of our B-man enjoying his summer with family and friends :angry:
Instead he probably has rightly chosen to mind one's own business...anyway, I would like to join the greetings to those plebans who are going to try to meet him :yes: I learned from a fan lying in wait in front of their studios some days ago that Dallas confirmed the band to be back on work for middle september...so good luck to everyone!:wave:

I don't know where else to put this but according to a report at U2 Eastlink (www.u2eastlink.com) , Bono is either in Peru or will be going to Peru in the near future.

Here is how the Language Translator stated the news blurb:

Paul Hewson, the famous Irish singer and leader of the band U2 would be found in peru. Although itself it is not known with accuracy the agenda that handles in our country, is commented that aside from supervising its factory of articles of clothing and to record commercials for its campaign against the global warming-up, would be able to carry out beneficial actions in favor of the southern victims.

Here is the original piece if someone else wants to translate it:

Paul Hewson, el famoso cantante irlandés y líder de la banda U2 se encontraría en el Perú. Aunque no se sabe con exactitud la agenda que maneja en nuestro país, se comenta que aparte de supervisar su fábrica de prendas de vestir y grabar spots para su campaña contra el calentamiento global, podría realizar acciones benéfica a favor de los damnificados del sur.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

I'm bumping this in hopes that someone who is more fluent than me in Spanish can translate the above blurb from U2Eastlink to verify if B is currently in Peru or will be making a trip to Peru soon.

Thanks. :wink:

Jamila said:
I don't know where else to put this but according to a report at U2 Eastlink (www.u2eastlink.com) , Bono is either in Peru or will be going to Peru in the near future.

Here is how the Language Translator stated the news blurb:

Paul Hewson, the famous Irish singer and leader of the band U2 would be found in peru. Although itself it is not known with accuracy the agenda that handles in our country, is commented that aside from supervising its factory of articles of clothing and to record commercials for its campaign against the global warming-up, would be able to carry out beneficial actions in favor of the southern victims.

Here is the original piece if someone else wants to translate it:

Paul Hewson, el famoso cantante irlandés y líder de la banda U2 se encontraría en el Perú. Aunque no se sabe con exactitud la agenda que maneja en nuestro país, se comenta que aparte de supervisar su fábrica de prendas de vestir y grabar spots para su campaña contra el calentamiento global, podría realizar acciones benéfica a favor de los damnificados del sur.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Paul Hewson, the famous Irish lead singer of the band U2 would be in Perú. Although it is not known exaclty the agenda he handles in our country, is commented that aside of supervising his clothing factory and record spots for his campaing against global warming, he could be doing beneficial actions in favour of the southern victims

Pretty much the same :D Either your languaje translator is very good or my english is pathetic :lmao:

Jamila said:
I'm bumping this in hopes that someone who is more fluent than me in Spanish can translate the above blurb from U2Eastlink to verify if B is currently in Peru or will be making a trip to Peru soon.

Thanks. :wink:

It is a rumour that he is actually in the country :D

Edit to say: I find a link to terra.com where they say they confirmed the rumour by talking to the Marriot Staf

Terra corroboró el rumor de la llegada del irlandés con una llamada al hotel Marriot, donde el pasado jueves reservó la suite presidencial. Asimismo, staff de su entorno contrató a una prestigiosa empresa de seguridad para que le brinden compañía, durante toda su estadía.

Visita sus fábricas y lucha a favor de la ecología

Cabe destacar que Bono inició recientemente una serie de viajes por el mundo, donde tiene fábricas de prendas de vestir, no sólo con la finalidad de supervisar los negocios (que comparte con su esposa Alison) sino también concientizar a sus empleados que utilicen métodos de producción no agresivos con el medio ambiente ni contaminantes.

terra confirmed the rumour of the arrival of the Irish singer with a call to Marriot Hotel, where last Thursday he reserved the presidential suite. Also, his staff hired a prestigious security company during his stay.

it is necessary to highlight that Bono started recently a series of trips around the world, where he has clothing factories, not only with the purpose of supervising the bussiness (that he shares with wife Alison) but also to inform his emplyees that they use non agresive non polluting production methods

Hope is corrct, for me it will be a rumour until I see pics :D

Last edited:
Thanks Caroni for your input on this matter.:hi5:

This matter is important for several reasons:

1) we all like to know what the B-man is up to

2) Peru is suffering right now from the aftermath of a vicious earthquake and thus Bono's safety and that of his entourage is important.

This trip could have also possibly been delayed at the last moment by the earthquake.

Like you said, Caroni - I would like to see a picture.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug: Be careful, Bono. ~

Maybe Bono's Tart's contact in Killiney will be able to give us an update soon.

Blessings Caroni. :applaud:

Jamila said:

This matter is important for several reasons:

1) we all like to know what the B-man is up to

2) Peru is suffering right now from the aftermath of a vicious earthquake and thus Bono's safety and that of his entourage is important.

This trip could have also possibly been delayed at the last moment by the earthquake.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug: Be careful, Bono. ~

Maybe Bono went over to Peru because of the earthquake, to make sure his factory and workers are okay and provide aid if they need any. :shrug: Thanks Jamila and Caroni for the information and translations! :hug:

According to the article from terra he is staying at a hotel near my district but i haven't heard anything in the news yet , if he is really here. It's all about the eartquake for now.

I didn't know Edum owned factories either.....Bono and Ali owning clothing factories. Bono the little capitalist...weird:).Can't picture him touring buildings where hundreds of people know him as thier boss and the distant "owner".

Teta040 said:
I didn't know Edum owned factories either.....Bono and Ali owning clothing factories. Bono the little capitalist...weird:).Can't picture him touring buildings where hundreds of people know him as thier boss and the distant "owner".
I think that's a little misunderstanding here.
Ali has said in several interviews that there are a couple of factories around the world where Edun clothes are produced, one is in Peru and one is in Lesotho, where Ali and Bono visited back in 2006.
Apart from that, I believe the Peru rumour when I see pictures.

Since their 25th wedding anniversary is coming up tomorrow, I'd say there is little chance that Bono is somewhere on his own. I believe the stories about him and Ali having returned to Dublin more than the Peru ones. I hope we will 1. hear something about how they celebrate this special day and 2. see some new pictures of both of them together. Does anyone know what they have planned? A Bono/Ali anniversary thread would be verrrryyyy nice, wouldn't it?

Well I just happened to be staying at The Clarence tomorrow night for my wedding anniversary - perhaps a joint dinner would be nice!!!!

We are then going over again next week for a few days with our children in Dalkey/Killiney so fingers crossed we may see someone around the village.

Back
Top Bottom