Where are all the other Plebans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of the people that were here when I started around these parts have vanished?

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words...

Extreme Paddleball

I'm here--passing time at work. Smiling from ear to ear because the Damn Yanks LOST.

Cheers!

------------------
And if you dance then dance with me...

Woohoo!! Any time the yanks lose is a time to celebrate
smile.gif

I know you're still around here girlie..
smile.gif
Just seems like a lot of the others have gone elsewhere for some reason!
wink.gif

------------------

Extreme Paddleball

actually, you're not the only one who has noticed this. A few others have mentioned the same thing. Ditto for the other forums.

Things seem mighty quiet around them here parts...*spits out a chunk of tobacco* Whada you think Mary-Lou?

Enough of the cowboy talk *hangs her head in shame* Sorry

Many gals who used to frequent PLEBA feels that it has changed too much, I think. They don't like it as much anymore.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

'tis a crazy place!

------------------

yeah...not too sound like a whiner, but things are getting a little too wierd around here!

------------------

Extreme Paddleball

Weird like how? I've only been here for a couple of months, so I guess this all just seems normal to me, but how is the current PLEBA too wierd?

Fishy <><

------------------
Fishy
The Bedazzled Merch-Maid and Fashion Chair of Orgasmatron
and
The Original Hot Potato of LAYS

You put on the leather pants and the pants start telling you what to do. -Bono

Did somebody say...

Revolution???????????

Let the games begin...

------------------
"I don't know you,

Personally, I cant keep up. Threads drop to the second page within hours sometimes.

The old PLEBA was quality, and threads were not posted every 3 seconds.

------------------
Zooming In
Zooming Out
Nothing I Can't Do Without

Anyone remember way earlier this year when all PLEBA had were those "Sexiest _____ Pics"? Times definitely have changed. I think it's good there are more posts than that, but sometimes it gets kind of crazy in here. I go away for a day or two, and there are practically 3 pages of red folders!

Not me. I'm here a little too much, I think.

But then again...if I compare myself to say...MONA...it's a wonder anybody notices me here at all!
biggrin.gif

But you're right Ragey...there are a few "old timers" that seem to be missing lately...unless they've blown off Pleba for more *ahem* grown-up forums???

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of the people that were here when I started around these parts have vanished?

Yep, April, hahaha.

------------------

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Too many parts, not enough quality posts.

I miss the old days when it was normal and not this pre-teen junket that we have now.

I haven't been registered here long, but I've been reading since the so-called "Olden Days," and since I just got done watching 80's week begin on VH1, my take on it will be phrased thusly:

The New PLEBA, I think, is like MTV. When it first started up there were people who couldn't keep up and the there were people who flourished. Sure, MTV gave us crap like Twisted Sister and Suzie Q, but it also gave us breakthrough artists like Talking Heads, Madonna, the Eurythmics, and Michael Jackson.
There was a lot more crap music that topped the charts, but to find that brilliant, poignant up-and-coming artist on MTV (who wouldn't have gotten radio airplay otherwise) made it worth it.

And likewise, the signal/noise ratio on PLEBA has grown less favorable, this is true. But once in a while you get that post that makes you spray your coffee all over your screen, or one that makes you think of one of the lads in a different way. And then it's worth it.

-Echo

To paraphrase Theodore Sturgeon: If 90% of PLEBA is crap, it's only because 90% of everything is crap.

*Steps off soapbox*

------------------
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it." -Winston Churchill

"Master, I am in great distress! The sprits I have conjured up I now cannot get rid of!" -Goethe

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation!
http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

I agree with April and Sicy!

Too many posts on the same damn thing every 10 secs! I'm sorry but some times it annoying having like 15 topics on Bono alone! As much as I love that man, *sigh* there's way too many posts on the same thing! BLAH!

I wish things were the same way when I first starting coming in here... so quiet... so PEACEFUL.... I got along with everyone... posts were good.... then WTF happened? People just started OVER-REACTING and taking issues way beyond serious!
icon25.gif
And quite frankly ruined it all! Some people today still scare me and make me wonder!
icon24.gif

I still like coming in here, Most of you are are really cool and funny people....but I have to watch everything I say, cause I feel like a target here. People are too paranoid! BLAH!

Its just a stinkin' forum, Right?
biggrin.gif

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 11-05-2001).]

Ladies:

The word of the day is condensed.

Now, apply it as many times as you deem suitable.

------------------
Fan named Matt (as a fellow fan prepares to take a picture of him with Larry): "You know Larry, I'm a drummer in a band too."

Larry (looks at fan and shrugs, smiling pleasantly toward the camera): "Well, Matt, we all have our problems."

~*April*~

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

[This message has been edited by LarryMullen's_POPAngel (edited 11-05-2001).]

Hi LadyLemon!!!! Did you have fun in Prov? I didn't get to see you after the second show and um- hello! was it not spectacular?! Have you heard the rumors it might be aired on tv?! are you going to vegas?

Hi Kathleen- nice Larry pic. *very* nice. i'll email u soon.

Hi April! are you counting down yet? ttys i hope! hope you're enjoying the chicago boots! walk on is so pretty!

Ok this post wasn't too useful but I wanted to say hi- plus I didn't do a whole new thread or anything so I'm ok
wink.gif

------------------
She's gonna make you cry
She's gonna make you whisper and moan

* U2TakeMeHigher *

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
People who post new threads every other second should try to learn the meaning of the word condense.

smile.gif

Eh heh heh!!
biggrin.gif

U should post this as a new thread on every forum!
icon14.gif

LMAO

Yes, most of the people who were here when I started reading it have vanished, though sometimes I see them on the other forum so they're not gone. I miss the days when this was mostly a drool-over-hot-pics forum, now it's become a lot like a chat, and there are so many threads! It has changed a lot, and I miss the old PLEBA, but I'm not going anywhere, I love posting and looking at pics too much. Still, it is frustrating when most or all of the cool pic threads drop so quickly. Used to be they survived and thrived for days and got so full they clogged your computer trying to bring them all up! Maybe those of us who miss the old PLEBA could start another forum somewhere.

Originally posted by AM:
isn?t that what we are doing???
confused.gif

Yes...however, there are also a lot of threads in here that could/should be in EYKIW.

------------------
"I don't know you,

Originally posted by Echo:
but it also gave us breakthrough artists like ***Madonna ***

To paraphrase Theodore Sturgeon: If 90% of PLEBA is crap, it's only because 90% of everything is crap.

*Steps off soapbox*

boom cha! madonna! that's what i'm talking about!

yeah, PLEBA has changed a little. but, i think most girls are just to busy to visit all that often. for instance, bluey and sparky's girl are both in college, it's probably hard to find time. the only reason i'm here now is because i'm choosing not to do my english homework during studyhall!

if PLEBA is in a state of revolution, it's all because of wildhonee. she is the queen of the threads. she is the lenin of interference.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Back
Top Bottom