Where are all the other Plebans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I both agree and disagree about what is said here.
I think what has happened in PLEBA is what happens when people on a webforum gets to know each other. It tends to be discussions about life in general. You get a chance to get more point of views then if you just ask the friends IRL. You also WANT to share other stuff because you consider the people on the forums as friends as well, worth sharing other things with then maybe just drooling over pics. I don't see anything wrong with that. Someone mentioed that they don't dare to say things, they feel scared of getting flamed. Don't think like that, think if you would say it in IRL instead, if don't, don't say it here either. Respect, humbleness and rereading is keywords for me on the net.
smile.gif

Then there are people that don't want to get close to people on the net and they don't like this change and I have respect for that and I think it has been done in the right way here. Those people don't post here as much any more. On other forums I've been to it's been huge fights when "non-personal" persons don't want anyone else to be either which has lead to the ruin of great forums and everyone has left instead.

I know stuff that I would like to share with you but is non-PLEBA stuff, maybe more of EYKIW-stuff but since I always seem to be neglected in there and have a too serious thread I don't like posting in there either.

So... sometimes it end up here anyway, sorry for that.
smile.gif
I just like to discuss U2 with people I know, and I feel like I know you.

If we just respect each other and post in the threads we like and let the other threads be I think this will continue to be the great place on internet that it is.
smile.gif

Oki, enough seriousness for now.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Hur er leget? Was it right? Hur ?r l?get?" ~ Bono tries to speak swedish in Stockholm. Hur ?r l?get? means How are you doing? by the way.

Let the revolution continue.

I think this would be a better forum if it wasn't so clogged all the damn time. I agree with most of what is being said here, except for the whole getting ignored in EYKIW. Go ahead and post there-PLEGA girls will find you, and not so many forums will get clogged as much. No one will notice you unless you keep posting.

Anyway, I think if we kept the threads to a minimum (as in-let's discuss all of Bono's "parts" at once...ugh) things should be fine.

There's another 2 cents of mine.

------------------
Fan named Matt (as a fellow fan prepares to take a picture of him with Larry): "You know Larry, I'm a drummer in a band too."

Larry (looks at fan and shrugs, smiling pleasantly toward the camera): "Well, Matt, we all have our problems."

~*April*~

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

uh oh... I think I may have unintentionally started a war here....

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words...

Extreme Paddleball

I don't mind all the joking around and sillier threads as long as we can also sustain a good old fashioned pic thread or two or three. I think Mona has been an excellent addition to this forum, she's sweet, she's funny, she's creative and has good ideas. She doesn't post pics as much as she used to but most people don't. Come on and post and drool girls, I can't count the times I have tried to save a pic thread with only 3 responses, bumping it and to no avail. There are a lot of threads on PLEBA and things come and go faster now, but we can all do what we feel is fun if we all contribute to the things we care about most. I dont' think there's anything wrong with people telling their problems and looking for advice and support, that's what friends are for. We can have a lot of fun here. Hopefully, Edge and Bono will NOT be reading, but let's post as if they were. (Where's that elevated thread?)
icon33.gif

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 11-05-2001).]

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
I don't mind all the joking around and sillier threads as long as we can also sustain a good old fashioned pic thread or two or three. I think Mona has been an excellent addition to this forum, she's sweet, she's funny, she's creative and has good ideas. She doesn't post pics as much as she used to but most people don't. Come on and post and drool girls, I can't count the times I have tried to save a pic thread with only 3 responses, bumping it and to no avail. There are a lot of threads on PLEBA and things come and go faster now, but we can all do what we feel is fun if we all contribute to the things we care about most. I dont' think there's anything wrong with people telling their problems and looking for advice and support, that's what friends are for. We can have a lot of fun here. Hopefully, Edge and Bono will NOT be reading, but let's post as if they were. (Where's that elevated thread?)
icon33.gif

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 11-05-2001).]

Well, said Kitten. You kind of minimized into fewer sentence all my rambling.

I don't like war, in any way so once again respect and humbleness and we can keep on having a great time here!
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Hur er leget? Was it right? Hur ?r l?get?" ~ Bono tries to speak swedish in Stockholm. Hur ?r l?get? means How are you doing? by the way.

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Well, said Kitten. You kind of minimized into fewer sentence all my rambling.

I don't like war, in any way so once again respect and humbleness and we can keep on having a great time here!
smile.gif

Do u still love me, Lurvig?

LMAO

Sorry for not calling, I know I'm an arse, but now that I'm fired I'll have to be careful with my phone calls! I'll try to make it up and call you, k?? MAybe tomorrow or after tomorrow, it depends on my boss (I'll call when he is away
wink.gif
)

SOWWY!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by CatDubh (edited 11-05-2001).]

Originally posted by CatDubh:
Do u still love me, Lurvig?

LMAO

Sorry for not calling, I know I'm an arse, but now that I'm fired I'll have to be careful with my phone calls! I'll try to make it up and call you, k?? MAybe tomorrow or after tomorrow, it depends on my boss (I'll call when he is away
wink.gif
)

SOWWY!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by CatDubh (edited 11-05-2001).]

Always yours honey boney!! LOL

The guy with the Sthlm-CD's had troubles with his computer so I'm still waiting for him to sedn them to me. As soon as I get them you will get your stuff.
smile.gif

------------------

Ah,now, you cant get rid of me that easily! I'm still here...in some form...

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Ah hell I pop in here every once in a while.

For the sole purpose of stealing pictures.

icon16.gif

------------------
Zooming In
Zooming Out
Nothing I Can't Do Without

I know I am new to this PLEBA thread and I would like to apologize if I have contributed some posts that should belong on other threads,please let me know if some of my posts belong on other threads, trust me I will not be offended...I really enjoy PLEBA...I would really feel bad if I was contributing to the misdirection that PLEBA has taken....

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:
I know I am new to this PLEBA thread and I would like to apologize if I have contributed some posts that should belong on other threads,please let me know if some of my posts belong on other threads, trust me I will not be offended...I really enjoy PLEBA...I would really feel bad if I was contributing to the misdirection that PLEBA has taken....

This is rediculous!! Why are you apologizing?! Last time I checked you still had freedom of speech...I am new as well and I was not aware that there was some sort of "Big Brother" regulation about what type of posts are "valid." I figured a discussion forum was a place to speak about a topic. Many threads overlap, isn't this to be expected when we all are discussing the same 4 men? Anyway, I am not trying to offend anyone but I don't think anyone has the right to tell anyone what is right to post and where...just my thoughts...
~Honey

------------------
The doors you open
I just can't close...

Hey girls~
I think PLEBA is a great place, come on now what would we do without PLEBA?
I have a hard time keeping up these days too. But it's still one of my favorite places on the net, and you guys all have a lot of character!
Enjoy!

Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways:
This is rediculous!! Why are you apologizing?! Last time I checked you still had freedom of speech...I am new as well and I was not aware that there was some sort of "Big Brother" regulation about what type of posts are "valid." I figured a discussion forum was a place to speak about a topic. Many threads overlap, isn't this to be expected when we all are discussing the same 4 men? Anyway, I am not trying to offend anyone but I don't think anyone has the right to tell anyone what is right to post and where...just my thoughts...
~Honey

Thanks for saying just what I wanted to say. In my opinion, no one does have that right. If anyone is 'offended' by certain threads, or, as some have implied, certain posters, can't they just ignore the thread?
confused.gif

To be perfectly honest, I just don't get this stuff
frown.gif
And BTW-I can't really be 'perfectly honest' cause I don't feel free to be on here.

You have NOTHING to apologize for-so just keep posting and have FUN
smile.gif

whoo! bitterness in the air! it sounds like the earlier days of PLEBA were much better and easier to keep up with, but this is a lot of fun too. granted i'm not too enthralled with threads that could all be one or not at all, like "why i'm angry today" or "wahoo! i'm a fly/acrobat/warchild/etc." those aren't necesarry, but i know we all need a reason to vent every once in a while, and i liked bluey's idea of making one thread for all to rant and rave in.

anyway, i replied so i could say a simple non-controvertial thing, but i guess that didn't happen.
frown.gif

"Can't we all just get along?" lol.

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

[This message has been edited by FallDownJulie (edited 11-05-2001).]

By now I think we all know my stance.

I still enjoy PLEBA on occasion, but let's all try and work together to make it good again so that we can ALL enjoy it. OK? I don't remember there being so much chaos up until maybe the end of the summer...that's when all of the craziness in here began.

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Yes...however, there are also a lot of threads in here that could/should be in EYKIW.

That's what the moderators are for.

As for not being around... I sum it all up in one word... school!!!
mad.gif

------------------
Hip Pontiff of Sparkyism

"There's no room for spiritual constitpation here!" - Ian Astbury, The Cult

SlipStream Soul

I feel I dont really have any business posting about this because Im not really a 'part of PLEBA'.
I was originally and posted in those orignal pic threads, but Im sure most of you are wondering who I even am.

I just thought I'd comment that a lot of people see PLEBA as a completely separate forum to the rest of Feedback.
Many people here post the same sorts of threads that go in the EYKIW, which in turn is making it like a separate forum.
It doesnt really bother me but I guess thats what people do think.

I am the first to admit I love drooling over Bono and the boys but sometimes when you read threads here that talk about fantasies of Bono taking you backstage for a quickie, it does kinda seem a bit irky.
I dunno, just an observation from an outsider.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
sometimes when you read threads here that talk about fantasies of Bono taking you backstage for a quickie, it does kinda seem a bit irky.
I dunno, just an observation from an outsider.

This outsider thinks thats irky as well.

CK

----------------
icon31.gif

Blargh!!

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:
granted i'm not too enthralled with threads that could all be one or not at all, like "why i'm angry today" or "wahoo! i'm a fly/acrobat/warchild/etc." those aren't necesarry.

I agree! All those I'm a "Acrobat/warchild" blah things get a bit
icon24.gif
! One big old thread for that would be great!!
wink.gif

And Everyone here has the right to speak their minds, no need for apologizing! For me that's how this mess started, speaking my mind and having the right to chose! Silly aint it? Like April said, It started chaning towards the end of summer, actually it started changing way before that.... it just went from
smile.gif
Happy GO Lucky PLEBA to
icon30.gif
Parnoid/What hell is going on PLEBA, for me at least it did! I still come here, most pics are nice to look at, and like I mention earlier most of you here are cool, funny and "normal" people!
biggrin.gif

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Hey, I LOVE the 'whoopee I'm a/status now' threads! Know why? Because the person is usually celebrating by asking for pics of a certain member, and that is cool because it can become a hot pic thread, which is what we need more of. It's not a waste at all. People are proud of having reached a certain milestone (with hundreds of posts here) and there's nothing wrong with that, they shouldn't feel bad.

Oh no.. you don't have to apologize..

------------------
Winter Halcyon
U2 in ELEVATION

U2 pictures album
http://community.webshots.com/user/winter_halcyon

Bono L.E.A.T.H.E.R. Club

Hi. I imagine I'm one of the ones that you are referring to... I still lurk and you will occasionally see me pop into the Bono Is Elevated thread (lol - that one just cracks me up). Maybe I'll just go start a sexiest bono pics thread for old times sake...

smile.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by EPandAmerica:
I still lurk now and again. It just seems that life at the moment is too busy to enjoy PLEBA to the fullest.
This is still the BEST place to go, to put a smile on your face!
smile.gif

Well said EP&A, unfortunately nursing school is keeping me VERY busy right now, I still love to pop in and check on you gals though. There are ALOT of wonderful ppl I've met thru PLEBA, so I could never totally abandon this place, this is still the best place to go for U2 fun!
I miss you guys alot too! *sniff, sniff..I'd better stop or I'm gonna get all mushy....
frown.gif

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

I still lurk now and again. It just seems that life at the moment is too busy to enjoy PLEBA to the fullest.
This is still the BEST place to go, to put a smile on your face!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom