WHEN is it going to be MY TURN????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babydoll

Blue Crack Addict
I am sorry to flood this thread, but after seeing/reading all these posts and pictures of girls getting the chance to dance with Bono, see him, meet him, etc etc.... I can only help but wonder, why not me? I have been a fan of u2 for like 5-6 years now, (I know, compared to most people, not nearly enough!) and I do all the things a fan does: collect pics, mags, cds, etc etc, internet, and yet still.... :sad:

This time, they didn't come to where I live and I'm a student and cant afford traveling far and spending that kinda money.... My dream is to meet Bono, my ambition. WILL THAT EVER HAPPEN?? When I'm dying, that will be my regret. It'll be a horrible feeling. :(
It's my turn now! It's only fair.

There, there *pats her little head*
I feel your pain.
In Chicago, I was the only one out of my whole group that had not met a member of the band :sad:
But I am very happy for all of my friends.
Your time will come, keep your chin up :hug:

Babydoll said:
I am sorry to flood this thread, but after seeing/reading all these posts and pictures of girls getting the chance to dance with Bono, see him, meet him, etc etc.... I can only help but wonder, why not me? I have been a fan of u2 for like 5-6 years now, (I know, compared to most people, not nearly enough!) and I do all the things a fan does: collect pics, mags, cds, etc etc, internet, and yet still.... :sad:

This time, they didn't come to where I live and I'm a student and cant afford traveling far and spending that kinda money.... My dream is to meet Bono, my ambition. WILL THAT EVER HAPPEN?? When I'm dying, that will be my regret. It'll be a horrible feeling. :(

Don't ever give up hope. After U2 my other favorite band is Duran Duran. I had all the memoribilla, posters, cd's, collectables ect. and through a combination of good luck and connections I've been able to meet them twice, and it was great.

On Dec. 12 a U2 crazy friend and I went out to the airport in Cleveland at 12:30 AM to be U2's welcoming committee, it was so cold...and they didn't stop.....but we were the only ones there and Edge waved to us...so it was worth it. Plus at the show. Miroslava got pulled onstage and I was like...OMG I know her...(well from the message boards at least and the 5 seconds that I introduced myself to her) .

So don't give up....you already have a leg up by being a member of the 'fan community' and I think if you 'work it' enough...someday..it'll happen....I'm still crossing my fingers too.........

PartyGirl43 :)

Babydoll said:

have faith.. I know you'll eventually meet me, you deserve it!

I love your posts, i can see how much you love him from the way you write about him... I actually feel very identified when i read some of your posts, and I know exactly how you must be feeling..

I've been in love with Bono for 11 years now, but i never even dreamed about meeting him, since I was leaving in Colombia, and there's no way he would ever go down there!!

then I moved to Canada, and ended up seen him in toronto (at the concert).. and it was such an amazing experience, i can't even describe it... i couldn't think clearly, and as soon as he came out on stage tears starting pouring out of my eyes... but i wasn't crying!:huh:

I don't remeber much about the concert.. i just kept on looking at him, and thanking God for allowing me to be at the same place with the man i've been dreaming of for all these years..
Thanks god I bought the Chicago DVD, that's when i really got to see the concert, and it's funny, i don't remember any of that happening at MY concert... i can't even remember much!

Hopefully there will be a next tour soon, and if you strongly desire it, things will happen for you!! I wish you the best of luck, and i really hope you meet him in person outside the venue, or he pulls you up onstage, or something really amazing happens to you!!!!
Good luck:wave:

I don't want to be discouraging, but I've been trying since 1985 and it hasn't happened for me. I realize now it's never going to, and I'm not going to set myself up for any more disappointments by continuing to try and fail. I admit I have given up even clicking on the band meetings forum because I am so bitter and jealous I am fresh out of 'OMG that's great, congrats, you're so lucky!' :sigh: I'm not saying give up, but keep in mind that it might never happen and try not to be as sore as me if it doesn't :grumpy: :hug:

Well....

On one hand, I have this thought: I think that, "where there's a will there's a way", and if I want something badly enough, it will happen. I am unfortunately or fortunately extremely stubborn n determined.... and hopefully it's these flaws/assets of my personality that will aid me in achieving my goal. I hope that when I have a steady job, I'll be earning enough to go fly and meet him or something.

But on the other hand.... By the time that happens, I hope things haven't changed with Bono!! I hope he is still alive, doing all of this stuff, is accesible, etc.

I am inclined towards my first thought, but then negativity is always there. The "what if" factor. You know what I mean...

:sad:

Re: Re: WHEN is it going to be MY TURN????

julianamendoza said:

have faith.. I know you'll eventually meet me, you deserve it!

I love your posts, i can see how much you love him from the way you write about him... I actually feel very identified when i read some of your posts, and I know exactly how you must be feeling..

I've been in love with Bono for 11 years now, but i never even dreamed about meeting him, since I was leaving in Colombia, and there's no way he would ever go down there!!....

Good luck:wave:

:hug: Thank you. This means a lot to me :)

Babydoll...Don't feel too upset about not meeting Bono *yet* It will happen..keep the faith..I have met Bono, Edge and Adam a few times (not bragging, Just that I was loosing faith and then it happened!)..But it is sometimes hard to get close since so many people want to meet them as well...Still keep the faith...:wink:

Babydoll said:
Well....

On one hand, I have this thought: I think that, "where there's a will there's a way", and if I want something badly enough, it will happen. I am unfortunately or fortunately extremely stubborn n determined.... and hopefully it's these flaws/assets of my personality that will aid me in achieving my goal. I hope that when I have a steady job, I'll be earning enough to go fly and meet him or something.

But on the other hand.... By the time that happens, I hope things haven't changed with Bono!! I hope he is still alive, doing all of this stuff, is accesible, etc.

I am inclined towards my first thought, but then negativity is always there. The "what if" factor. You know what I mean...

This is pretty much it! :(

Babydoll said:
Well....

On one hand, I have this thought: I think that, "where there's a will there's a way", and if I want something badly enough, it will happen. I am unfortunately or fortunately extremely stubborn n determined....

I only set myself up for a crash landing by thinking this. Wanting it isn't enough, you can't control where he is, and if you are at the right place at the right time. I have waited outside arenas and hotels for hours because people said he was coming, and he wasn't even there. You can't go into places you can't go, no matter how determined you are. Sometimes there really is nothing you can do.

Strangely enough I have seen stories by people who really haven't wanted it that much or tried that hard who just lucked into it. And I hate them :mad: ;) Maybe I've tried TOO hard. But after missing him EIGHT times on the Elevation tour, and running up my credit cards high, I knew I had to give it up.

Money is a big part of it. A lot of fans have met him by going to Dublin and hanging out for days. I can't do that.

I hope things haven't changed with Bono!! I hope he is still alive, doing all of this stuff, is accesible, etc.

They seem more accessible than they ever have, that's why I am so sorry I wasn't able to go to this tour. Seems like everyone here but me met them.

The what ifs and near misses torture me. I hope you don't get them.:hug:

I'm not trying to be discouraging, only saying that sometimes it doesn't happen no matter how hard you try and don't let it make you feel bad. I do want you to find him though, your chances are as good as anyone else's!

Last edited:
I do understand what you're saying, thanks for your opinion. I just think its a tad unfair that die-hard fans like us haven't met him YET, and others have. But I WILL TRY! I won't give up now... I'll stalk him. :D I'll go to frickin' Dublin, or "Dooblin" if I have to! I'll camp outside his house. :mad:

Like I said, I only hope he is still doing all of this and is alive n kicking.
It's about time. Why have you given up hope though? :(

Thats been my dream since 1981....and this was the tour that I was lucky enough to get the closest I have ever been and didn't exactly touch any of them but I was waved at motioned too etc. That was awsome and I have been to 12 concerts.

Hopefully your time will come....:|

JCOSTER said:
Thats been my dream since 1981....and this was the tour that I was lucky enough to get the closest I have ever been and didn't exactly touch any of them but I was waved at motioned too etc. That was awsome and I have been to 12 concerts.

Hopefully your time will come....:|

I hope so too... wow, 12 concerts? That's so cool!

U2Kitten said:
I don't want to be discouraging, but I've been trying since 1985 and it hasn't happened for me. I realize now it's never going to, and I'm not going to set myself up for any more disappointments by continuing to try and fail. I admit I have given up even clicking on the band meetings forum because I am so bitter and jealous I am fresh out of 'OMG that's great, congrats, you're so lucky!' :sigh: I'm not saying give up, but keep in mind that it might never happen and try not to be as sore as me if it doesn't :grumpy: :hug:

Aw U2Kitten :hug:
I'm in the group of ---I almost met Bono---- many many times. :sigh:

If it's any consolation, I've met him three times (no autographs, no pictures, just handshakes and sincere thanks) and I don't feel any differently about him now than I did before. On top of that, I still want to meet him again as much as I did before I met him the first time, so it really didn't help! The times I have met him, it was such a paradox b/c I just wanted to say hi and thank you and that I truly feel blessed and am proud to be a fan, but some of the people were doing the most rude and inappropriate things, these were also the times I've been embarassed to be a U2 fan.

I hope someday you get your wish!

Babydoll said:

I've been a fan since I'm 12... and my Bono interaction happened 9 and 10 years later... So from my calculations, your time should come really soon. Don't forget that the most incredibles things happen when you don't expect them to... I know it's a lame answer, but it's true.

^
:wave: Hey - it's the Queen of Bono Experiences!!! (Not necessarily by quantity but certainly by quality!!! :drool: ) :D :hug:

I got to thinking that same question: Will I ever get to meet the B? Methinks not. I'd like to imagine myself in my winter years sittin' on a rockin' chair someplace with a huge grin on my face an' my relatives (young'uns in their 20s) would say: Grannie, why're you wearin' that silly grin?

An' I'd say, well, children, I was just rememberin' when I met this guy called Bono. My, he was a fine looker. Had a fine arse too. Yup, gave me a kiss an' told me I looked real young for my age.. (cos, me an' him, we share the same generation, see).

An' they'd say: But granma, you didn't snog someone you just met?

An' I'd say: Snog? Snog? I fairly ate his face off...

Oh, well, I can dream...:evil:

I'm with you too, Babydoll. I'm not sure I'd ever have even the chance to meet any of them (I want to meet Edge just as much if not more than Bono, hehe) but I keep dreaming. Me and my friend MrsDarcy are planning to go to Dublin, not to try and meet them specifically but just to have a 'U2 weekend' and relax and have a good time without turning into a right pair of stalkers! I'm also a student and can't afford to travel to meet them but let's hope one day it'll happen for us, you never know! My other fave band is Westlife and I used to think I'd never meet them either, but I've met them about 4 times now!

Positivity!

youvedonewhat said:
I got to thinking that same question: Will I ever get to meet the B? Methinks not. I'd like to imagine myself in my winter years sittin' on a rockin' chair someplace with a huge grin on my face an' my relatives (young'uns in their 20s) would say: Grannie, why're you wearin' that silly grin?

An' I'd say, well, children, I was just rememberin' when I met this guy called Bono. My, he was a fine looker. Had a fine arse too. Yup, gave me a kiss an' told me I looked real young for my age.. (cos, me an' him, we share the same generation, see).

An' they'd say: But granma, you didn't snog someone you just met?

An' I'd say: Snog? Snog? I fairly ate his face off...

Oh, well, I can dream...:evil:

:lol: You always crack me up! I can picture you as a grannie telling the children about Bono's butt!!

chickadee said:
I'm with you too, Babydoll. I'm not sure I'd ever have even the chance to meet any of them (I want to meet Edge just as much if not more than Bono, hehe) but I keep dreaming. Me and my friend MrsDarcy are planning to go to Dublin, not to try and meet them specifically but just to have a 'U2 weekend' and relax and have a good time without turning into a right pair of stalkers! I'm also a student and can't afford to travel to meet them but let's hope one day it'll happen for us, you never know! My other fave band is Westlife and I used to think I'd never meet them either, but I've met them about 4 times now!

Positivity!

How about we meet up when we have careers and enough money, and go together to where they are? since we're both in the same situation.... :D sound like a plan?

Here's one to make you feel better...

I was in Chicago on 9/20 when Larry - LARRY - came out to sign and greet fans. After the show starsgoblue and I drove past the docks where we saw a small crowd gathered waiting. We decided since we hadn't had luck the previous time waiting after a show (Philly) we'd pass the docks and get something to eat nearby instead. I was eating a block away while Larry was taking pictures with fans. :banghead:

I've been a fan of the band since 1987. Larry was the first U2 I really knew of, and while he gave me his stick back during Elevation ( a moment I will never forget, mind you!) it broke my heart to know I had been so close, yet didn't meet him. When I came back it seemed as if everyone who was there had met him. :sad:

In contrast, Bono = everywhere. You'll get your chance one day. I have faith. :)

^^

aww, that's pretty sad! i hope you haven't given up trying/wanting to meet him though... and thanks for having faith that i will meet bono... all this support means a lot! :hug: to all of u! :heart:

Well April, I know how you feel there....when BAW and I were out having dinner after the Boston show (Dec 6) a bunch of lucky fans were hanging out with Larry who had come out later than everyone else. Faraway so close..... :grumpy:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Here's one to make you feel better...

I was in Chicago on 9/20 when Larry - LARRY - came out to sign and greet fans. After the show starsgoblue and I drove past the docks where we saw a small crowd gathered waiting. We decided since we hadn't had luck the previous time waiting after a show (Philly) we'd pass the docks and get something to eat nearby instead. I was eating a block away while Larry was taking pictures with fans. :banghead:

I've been a fan of the band since 1987. Larry was the first U2 I really knew of, and while he gave me his stick back during Elevation ( a moment I will never forget, mind you!) it broke my heart to know I had been so close, yet didn't meet him. When I came back it seemed as if everyone who was there had met him. :sad:

In contrast, Bono = everywhere. You'll get your chance one day. I have faith. :)

Melpop said:

I've been a fan since I'm 12... and my Bono interaction happened 9 and 10 years later... So from my calculations, your time should come really soon. Don't forget that the most incredibles things happen when you don't expect them to... I know it's a lame answer, but it's true.

i'm sure you've seen all kinds of videos of your wonderful bono experience, but i just found this one.. in case you don't have it!!

http://www.youtube.com/w/Bono-Hotness?v=nlgwvPj-pkg&search=bono

BABYDOLL this will give you something to dream about:drool: hopefully!!:sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom