WHEN is it going to be MY TURN????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't be too upset that you haven't met Bono yet. You've only been a fan for five or six years, give it time. Maybe the next tour you'll be in luck.

^^ i hope so. and he can pull me up on stage and kiss me on the lips deeply during the musical part of WOWY.... :lol:

doesn't hurt to dream, does it. :|

Re: Re: WHEN is it going to be MY TURN????

Melpop said:

Don't forget that the most incredibles things happen when you don't expect them to... I know it's a lame answer, but it's true.

This is definitely true, I went to my first U2 concert in September and was lucky enough to have GA tickets. We got in line and were probably 60th or so. Anyway, later in the day, me and my friend got hungry and since her brother lives in Minneapolis, they went together to get Subway. They got lost and were gone for over an hour. They finally found the Subway and were coming back when Jessica (my friend) saw Bono come off of the tour bus. She sprinted back to line and told me that the band was outside signing autographs, so I sprinted down the block to see them. I ended up climbing on a yellow fence thing to get a glimpse and pictures of the boys, then I saw that Bono and Adam were going over to the side of the building closest to me, so I jumped the fence (I know, very schoolgirlish thing to do) and got behind a couple people. By the time I had jumped the fence, Bono had gone past, but I got a couple good pictures. Then, Adam came right by and signed the guy next to me's digital camera and then I asked if he would sign my shirt and he did. :hyper: The point of my giant rambling is that I was just happy to have GA tickets for my first U2 concert and wasn't expecting to meet any of the boys, but as fate would have it, I did and you'll get the same chance. :hug: Just hang in there.

22 years I have loved this band, seen 2 concerts, had to miss Pop mart because I was like 9 1/2 months pregnant...

I still regret that to this day. I am SURE I could have used that to my advantage... I should have contacted Principle Management, my local radio stations, begged to be able to meet them seeing as it would not have been healthy for me to attend the concert with all that loud noise.... lol opportunity missed, but then again it wasn't real pretty - canckles, extra 20 kgs, so maybe it was a blessing in disguise - Gwen Stefani I was not!

Plus the fact I live in Australia.... hello????

At least you live in the US. You have the option of all those political talks and stuff he does. Me..... first time they've been here in 8 years!

That should cheer you up! lol and never underestimate the power of prayer, love.

This is my first concert on March 21, that I have GA tickets for. I am praying that they bring me some luck. You just never know!

Props to you, imogen! I'm recently engaged and people keep bugging us about kids. I've been telling them I'm not even considering children until AFTER the NEXT U2 tour :D

imogen said:
22 years I have loved this band, seen 2 concerts, had to miss Pop mart because I was like 9 1/2 months pregnant...

I still regret that to this day. I am SURE I could have used that to my advantage... I should have contacted Principle Management, my local radio stations, begged to be able to meet them seeing as it would not have been healthy for me to attend the concert with all that loud noise.... lol opportunity missed, but then again it wasn't real pretty - canckles, extra 20 kgs, so maybe it was a blessing in disguise - Gwen Stefani I was not!

Plus the fact I live in Australia.... hello????

At least you live in the US. You have the option of all those political talks and stuff he does. Me..... first time they've been here in 8 years!

That should cheer you up! lol and never underestimate the power of prayer, love.

This is my first concert on March 21, that I have GA tickets for. I am praying that they bring me some luck. You just never know!

wow, thank you so much for this post, it really meant a lot! i read it over and over... :hug:

btw, 9 and a half months pregnant?? how late were you?

and yes, if there is justice in this world, you will definitely meet them! i'm going to pray for you to meet them...

I thought my day to meet Bono had come in Atlanta last fall--we waited 3 hours down in the tunnel where the trucks were parked & finally here came the black suburbans thru the tunnel--the security people made us get behind a bike rack used as a fence & said after the cars got in the garage the guys might come back out to sign stuff--I felt like I was dreaming--I saw Bono as clear as day almost 15 ft away in his car & he waved! They pulled in the garage--but did not come back out. :sad: Hang in there Babydoll-our day will come--I just know it!

My ultimate goal in life is to dance with Bono.
I totally understand where you are coming from.
I collect anything and everything that has to do with U2. Man I've spent probably more than $40,000 on them alone. I've been a fan for just 13 years.
I say just because I will love them forever and Bono will always be number one to me.
I have gone to 8 concerts, Popmart, Elevation, and Vertigo, I have had the best seats in the house, some GA- where Bono dived into my area and I grabbed onto him, but no dance. He even waved at ME during the last Vegas concert.
I am not ever giving up because I can honestly say I deserve a dance with him.
And while it might not happen for you during this tour, it will happen if you keep adamant. You think it was a stroke of luck for those girls that have been chosen? I don't think so. They waited, in the cold, in the rain, all night, all day, famished, thirsty, anxious, etc and they had to fight to get the most coveted area in GA- the front. And I have to admit, those girls who did all that, they deserved that dance.
Keep on it, save up money, and most of all don't lose your determination. Remember that Bono picks the girls that are close up front in the GA section, and to get that you have to go early and wait in line for that section.
Good luck, I hope it happens to you as well as for me.

next tour.... i wonder when that will be though? probably in about 4-5 years when they're in their 50s though :(

You guys know that they will still have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xtal said:
You think it was a stroke of luck for those girls that have been chosen? I don't think so. They waited, in the cold, in the rain, all night, all day, famished, thirsty, anxious, etc and they had to fight to get the most coveted area in GA- the front. And I have to admit, those girls who did all that, they deserved that dance.
Keep on it, save up money, and most of all don't lose your determination. Remember that Bono picks the girls that are close up front in the GA section, and to get that you have to go early and wait in line for that section.
Good luck, I hope it happens to you as well as for me.

Good luck w/ your quest, xtal! One thing though, the above isn't always true. Many times Bono has chosen his "dancers" (for WOWY) from the outer rails of the ellipse, often a row or two deep. In Detroit, the girl he picked was actually a few rows back, someone that probably got in line only hours before the show (well, in the D-hole we weren't allowed to line up until 2pm, but that's another story...). Based on my 9 experiences this tour, I've concluded that he 1) picks girls that stand out in some way (and by stand out, I don't mean ones that have signs begging for a dance) or 2) he reaches in at random and whoever can hang on the longest/doesn't get removed by security wins the dance!

Oh hmmph. I'm not as articulate as I'd like to be. I meant that the girls are in the front area as to where not like middle or back area of the GA section- where I usually find myself. I didn't necessarily mean the inside of the ellipse...because I find that at the shows I've been to this year when he goes searching for a dance-mate he went to the outer rim, outside of the ellipse, and chose a girl within the first 3 rows, and maybe I am mistaken- most of them seemed to be on someone's shoulders? Well at the shows I was at anyway.

Stand out in some way... I was sitting on the side seated section in Las Vegas and when Bono finished singing "40" he looked at my area- WHERE DANIEL LANOIS was sitting and everyone in those 2 rows left except me...and I was waving and he looked directly at me and waved.
Hopefully my luck will change and I am that girl in the first 3 rows on someone shoulders and won't let go...and that girl that will stand out. Thanks Lies. You're giving me some hope here.

wait... so - even if he does show interest in some girl, - like holding her hand and all that stuff from the stage, security will pull her back??? then how do you know if bono wants u to come on stage if the security guys keep pushing u off??

I'm going to take a WILD guess at this!
I'm thinking that security is hired by the venue, not the band, and if the security is not up to par with Bono's "Pulling a Girl Onstage Antics" they are just doing their job into keeping you away.
However, I've seen Bono yell at the security guards when they will not recoil.
I mean, how many rockstars, rock shows, pull up a fan onstage every night? Not very many, I don't think.
I think when Bono makes eye contact and comes towards you...I think you're the one and you should totally leap at him.
Hahaha. Like a lioness on it's prey...
By the way this is only opinion, not fact.

I think it also helps to make friends with the security guard if they are right in front of you, and let them know what you are up to. The guard in front of me knew what I was hoping would happen, and when Bono couldn't find me, he was as busy trying to flag him down as I was! It was great. :)

however... me being up on stage will prolly be an unrealized dream now :( for one, will they tour again?? second, i am 5'1 - bono prolly wont even notice me :(

oh well. such is life.

Im only 5'4 but Im holding out hope that someday I will get my chance with Bono :). Very envious of though that have had their chances. However Im happy for them too as I think it's great when a fan get's so lucky!

yes, young at heart. the reason they are so energetic and not your average typical 'rock stars in their 40s' is because they are kids at heart. being close friends w each other helps too i suppose. they dont look like men in their 40s either. they look younger and act younger!

:bow: all hail u2!
:D

xtal said:
I'm going to take a WILD guess at this!
I'm thinking that security is hired by the venue, not the band, and if the security is not up to par with Bono's "Pulling a Girl Onstage Antics" they are just doing their job into keeping you away.
However, I've seen Bono yell at the security guards when they will not recoil.
I mean, how many rockstars, rock shows, pull up a fan onstage every night? Not very many, I don't think.
I think when Bono makes eye contact and comes towards you...I think you're the one and you should totally leap at him.
Hahaha. Like a lioness on it's prey...
By the way this is only opinion, not fact.

When I got on stage, the venue security guy grabbed me by the legs and wasn´t letting go of me, until AJ told him :" Let her up there! Bono wants these guys on stage!"

So yeah, venue security guys can be assholes. But then again, you can find lovely ones who are awlays willing to give you a hand with whatever you need. :D

I'm just curious.... How many Plebans will be generating the GA area in Aloha Stadium in Hawaii April 8th in hopes for a dance with Bono Man?

Edited to ask Flavia: Did you get to dance with Bono? When was this and I must have missed it. I know you've met him and stuff but I don't think I saw any pics with you being the lucky girl.

Last edited:
I know exactly what you feel. I'm dreaming about getting on the stage and dance with Bono. Several times, I got near the stage, but nothing happened. In Berlin, I was standing in the fifth row on the Edge's side and he pulled on stage a girl from the ellipse who was wearing Ramones T-shirt, in Milan when I stood in the second row on the Edge's side, Bono was pissed and he didn't pull anyone. In October, in NY, unfortunately, my friend and I didn't make it into the ellipse, but we were standing in second row, on the top of the ellipse, when Bono and Edge came in front of us to play Stuck in the moment, my friend and I lifted up Croatian scarf (I'm from Croatia), and Bono was looking at us for a while trying to read what's written on the scarf. For a second I thought, my moment has arrived, he's going to pick me, and then nothing, he returned on the main stage and pulled out someone else. I read about how fans met them when they were waiting in the line, but when I was waiting in the line, along with my friends, we never caught them. They probably used different entrance when they came for a rehearsal.
Since I'm going to several shows in New Zealand and Australia, and I have GA tickets, I still have a chance to be on stage on this tour (if I get close enough), but this time I'm going to be recognizable, you know, you just have to have something that attracts the his attention. Yeah, and I'm also dreaming about bumping into Bono somewhere when I'm doing my sightseeing, you never know, dreams do come true.

xtal said:
I'm just curious.... How many Plebans will be generating the GA area in Aloha Stadium in Hawaii April 8th in hopes for a dance with Bono Man?

Edited to ask Flavia: Did you get to dance with Bono? When was this and I must have missed it. I know you've met him and stuff but I don't think I saw any pics with you being the lucky girl.

When I got on stage last December, it wasnt your regular "MW-WOWY" dance. My friends and I got pulled up on stage during One to display our country flags. I had such a blast!

But I couldn´t help myself and before going back to our places, I went over to B and got a kiss. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom