When I meet/met Bono I wanna...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want a Bono hug more than anything right now. I've shaken his hand twice (once I was so cold, he sort of did a double take and grabbed both of my hands b/c they were so cold and held them *melts*). A kiss would be nice too, but I think a big hug is what I really want....

Miroslava said:
I anyone says "he gave me a cold" I am kicking asses :mad: :madspit:

Haha! A few weeks ago I SWORE he gave me a cold after Chicago II. I've been sick since January and everytime I'm *almost* better, I catch something again. I'd read that Bono was feeling so hot towards the end of that week, about the same time my sinus infection flaired up. This was three days after I had latched onto the cuff of his jacket (you know, the part that's gonna get wiped all over your nose and face if you're sick), touched his hand, and had the usually spit and sweat on me from the concert and there I was, sick again, and he's saying he's not feeling well.....dammit all Bono! I was SO CLOSE to FINALLY being healthy, lol.

When I met Bono he said "There you are, come here I need to talk to you." Well, that was the second time I met him. The third time he invited my friend and I inside for some tea or coffee.

... he grabbed me and put his face against mine and his arm around my shoulder (1st time)
... he gave me a kiss without me even asking (2nd time)

No wonder I love this guy so much! .lol:

when i met Bono he held my freezing cold hands in his extremely warm hands, bent down and kissed my right hand. didnt wash it for three days. :reject: charged people a dollar to touch it. J/K:wink:

i was 13 at the time. now i'm 17 so maybe in November i'll get an upgrade to a hug or a face kiss. :faint:

Last edited:
When Bono arrived at the Wachovia Center last Sunday and rolled down his window right in front of me, I forgot I had legs and simply floated all the way back to the GA line!

First time I met Bono he pulled up on his Mercedes (he was not driving) rolled down the window "right in front of me", said HI ((all I managed was a Hi BONO!)) he apologized said he was running late ((as everyone behind me pushed towards him)) I snapped a
pic but as I snapped someone was shoving, I was suprised to see Bono's stubbly chin as the pic I took:lol:
The second time I was right in his face again , but he was addressing the crowd, so I did not want to interrupt himI was in heaven just standing right in front of him!:love:

I'm right with you, BonoFox1 - for many of us there will be another time with the B-man.

Let's hope we use our time with him wisely.

WITH OR WITHOUT YOU....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

... Actually I didn't get the pleasure of talking to him as 2 :censored: were mobbing him. I did get to touch his shoulder though. Mmm old man blazer.

If I could live that day again, I would've been more assertive. Too bad I wasn't back then. :mad:

..... I will hopefully be able to speak a few intelligent sentences AND give him a HUGE hug and a peck on his sweet cheek!
*my dream*

I hope I will be able to speak intelligently & not come across as some crazy old woman. I don't want to breakdown & start crying or be weird. I just would like to hug him & say thanks for all that he does. :hug: :bono: :macdevil: (stop that now-I have to be good.)

Both times all I've done is say hello and thanks- first time I got to shake his hand, second time quite recently an autograph-and I was so close I just wanted to "drink him in" :wink: I didn't want to "violate his space" even though I considered just gently touching his arm, I didn't do it. Plus he was signing for others. Both times there were too many people to get a pic w/ him, honestly that's not the be all and end all for me. Neither is personal contact w/ them. The most important connection I have w/ them is the music and I like it that way :)

that's all more than sufficient for me :shrug:

Piece of advise... if it a choice between a picture or a hug... GO FOR THE HUG!!

Actually, the hug pretty much trumps everything... :drool: Unless he's willing to smooch you on the lips... then for god's sake, take that!!!! :faint:

Seems like B gets a pretty good feel for who wants what and time permitting, he will grant it to you without you even having to ask...

And well, as I have mentioned maybe once or twice

When I met Bono, I got a hug, a lil backrub, a kiss on the cheek and a growl/moan thingy in my ear...

:combust:

Last edited:
mmmmm Hug, backrub, growl, kiss--my husband will be with me in Atlanta--I must figure out some way to get rid of him as soon as I see Bono. :wink: :drool:

Miroslava said:
Piece of advise... if it a choice between a picture or a hug... GO FOR THE HUG!!

Actually, the hug pretty much trumps everything... :drool: Unless he's willing to smooch you on the lips... then for god's sake, take that!!!! :faint:

Seems like B gets a pretty good feel for who wants what and time permitting, he will grant it to you without you even having to ask...

When I met Bono, I got a hug, a lil backrub, a kiss on the cheek and a growl/moan thingy in my ear...

I tried, but I don't think I'm Mexican enough :sad:

:wink:

You're in Florida... grab a Cuban or two and see if you can pick any flavor :wink:

:hug:

Well, assuming I have command of the English language, I want to thank him for so much - right now, mostly for "Original of the Species" - such a beautiful song, though the meaning is quite different for me (I'd elaborate if he asked). Then holy mackerel tell him he needs a freaking massage - I was at the 1st Boston show, and his calf muscles were so dang tight it was bugging me. There's something going on with his right ankle too - it keeps inverting whenever he walks. I don't know if it's just his swagger - didn't look like it. (I'm a massage therapist so I can't help but analyze the way people walk - makes it very difficult to simply check the guy out and drool over him. Of course I did notice that mighty fine Irish arse and succulent neck.)

Sorry! Didn't mean to get off on a tangent. I'd thank him for OOTS personally, and for being a pest globally. Of course that's just the tip of the iceberg, but I'm assuming I have about 3 seconds with the man.

Miroslava said:

:up: "FRANTICALLY TAKING NOTES":faint:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom