When I meet/met Bono I wanna...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
seajewel said:
When I met Bono he gave me a KISS :heart:
Ditto
:heart:

1st time for me outside a show Elevation, very quickly he rolled down the window and signed the cover of my details magazine (now framed)
:wink:
2nd time NYTimes interview called him over at the end, told him it was my birthday and he said "oh it's your birthday" and wrote Happy Birthday Heather- Bono; on my ticket

3rd time- after SNL you've all seen the horrid photo :sad: got my propaganda book signed and he held my hand then kissed it :love: then I got Adam to sign, he is a great guy :up: very friendly. Then walked back to Bono where he greeted me again with "hi bubblegum" obviously b/c I was chewing gum with what I believed to be at a very rapid pace at that precise moment :D

Well it's just that I can't imagine ever meeting Bono....realistically I don't travel in the same circles as he does.

If the occasion did occur, I don't know what I'd say because I just can't picture that scenario ever happening, that's all.

I know a lot of you get a chance to meet him, have concert tickets, etc. so it's good to hear your replies.

:|

Miroslava said:
Piece of advise... if it a choice between a picture or a hug... GO FOR THE HUG!!

Actually, the hug pretty much trumps everything... :drool: Unless he's willing to smooch you on the lips... then for god's sake, take that!!!! :faint:

Seems like B gets a pretty good feel for who wants what and time permitting, he will grant it to you without you even having to ask...

And well, as I have mentioned maybe once or twice

When I met Bono, I got a hug, a lil backrub, a kiss on the cheek and a growl/moan thingy in my ear...

:combust:

How's a bout a pictire of him hugging you? What's that you say about having cake and eating it too? :wink:

"When I met Bono, I got a hug, a lil backrub, a kiss on the cheek and a growl/moan thingy in my ear..."
*dreamy sigh* I wouldn't mind some of that..........
Is that the mexican special? :wink:
:)

~BrightestStar~ said:

Is that the mexican special? :wink:
:)

Don't think so.. . my best friend who is also Mexican got all of that MINUS the growl, so I like to call it the Miroslava special :wink: :wink:

The first time I met him I got his autograph, a handshake and I got to tell him that his music has changed my life. That was my main goal in meeting him, so it was great!

Next time I'd like a hug and a photo with him, is that asking too much? lol!

If ever my wildest dream would come true and I would have the opportunity to meet him (we were too late to see him at the United Center in Chicago before the show, and didn't stay long enough to see him leave after the show--did anyone get to?), I would hope that I could conduct myself as the mature, level-headed woman I am--and not just simply melt down into a gooey puddle of girl, become tongue-tied, cry, and pee my pants! :laugh:

When I meet Bono (because I WILL...GA line Cleveland baby, I'm determined!), I want to thank him for literally changing my life with his music, causes, and hotness. I'd wanna get a picture because I'm big on memories...and if I got a hug that'd be the greatest thing ever. I doubt he'd give me a kiss 'cause I'm only 16 (well I'd be 17 but still)... hey though I'll take what I can get!!

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
Well it's just that I can't imagine ever meeting Bono....realistically I don't travel in the same circles as he does.

If the occasion did occur, I don't know what I'd say because I just can't picture that scenario ever happening, that's all.

I know a lot of you get a chance to meet him, have concert tickets, etc. so it's good to hear your replies.

Well, the one and only time I've met Bono is in Australia, which is as far from "his circles" as you're gonna get! :wink:

I waited with a small crowd outside the stadium where they were playing for soundcheck when Bono got out of his car to meet with us.

My friend and I got a photo with him :drool: but I didn't say anything of any use cos my brain turned into useless goo. (it was my friend who asked for the photo).

Things sometimes happen. I don't kid myself that I will meet him again, but it's not to say it wont' ever. You just never know! :hug:

If I ever get to meet the Great Man himself I'm gonna say, "My, you're even better looking in the flesh!" an' if that don't get me a kiss then I think I'll go stick my head in a bucket...

....(Maybe he's into bucket snogging...lol)...

MsPurrl said:
If ever my wildest dream would come true and I would have the opportunity to meet him (we were too late to see him at the United Center in Chicago before the show, and didn't stay long enough to see him leave after the show--did anyone get to?), I would hope that I could conduct myself as the mature, level-headed woman I am--and not just simply melt down into a gooey puddle of girl, become tongue-tied, cry, and pee my pants! :laugh:

..You and me both, MsPurrl. You an' me both...hee hee

~BrightestStar~ said:
:hmm:
Tell me if that works....
Think he'd get suspicious if he kept hearing the same line? :wink:

Well, knowing B he'd probably have forgotten by the time he'd got 4 more ppl down the line. Heh heh. We could all use the same line, get snogged an' go away happy an' he wouldn't even realise..... not that I'm a sneaky person or anything....

Scene:

Edge to Bono: Didn't someone else just say that to you?

Bono: I dunno, did they?

Edge: Yep, I think they did..

Larry: Jus' stop the yakking and move along. There's ppl waiting to get to me.

Bono: In yer dreams, man. In yer dreams.

Adam ( moving so he's up line from the rest of the band): Now, ladies, meet a REAL man..

MsPurrl said:

:laugh: ditto

I met him...:drool: he gave me hug...and i couldn't speak...:huh: ...
I'm determined tho to see him again this tour...and this time i will have my voice!!...i love that man!! :)

Like everyone else I would love a hug and kiss from Bono! Would probably drop on the spot though after looking into his beautiful eyes,lol. Hopefully I would be able to have some contact or talk with him before that happens,lol. The man is just simply amazing and so sweet!

Last edited:
mmmmm Hug, backrub, growl, kiss--my husband will be with me in Atlanta--I must figure out some way to get rid of him as soon as I see Bono.

My Atlanta weekend in November is a GIRLFRIEND trip!!! Yahoo! No husbands allowed. Ditch the hubby and meet up with us!!! ;)

I cannot even begin to imagine what I would say after "loving" him for twenty + years. That is OVER half my life!!!! I won't be able to speak. I honestly think I will become striken with muteness. (if that is a word).

Re: reply

wizard2c said:

I never met him yet, and if I do I only hope I can tell him thanks for all the inspiration he has given me through his music.
I've had tickets to shows, and sometimes you think you'll never get the chance...but hang in there you never know what life brings....

Congrats for the rest of you, I'm jealous, you guys/gals are surely lucky!

Last edited:
No seriously, tho'. I'm told that if you're lucky enough to be there when they go out to meet and greet the crowd, and you get tongue-tied, Bono will just move on real quick. So keep your wits about you and spit it out or miss out. Not sure if that's true or not but I'm not taking any chances.

Back
Top Bottom