When does Bono receive his knighthood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's Tart

Refugee
So if he is in Boston and Utah when will he actually be knighted?
Or has it been done already?? anyone know?

No I'm not sure he did as we were in Dublin at New Year and nothing seemed to have happened and it wasnt in any of the papers, I emailed the embassy and they just said January!!
Maybe its in the next few weeks?

No definately not New Years Day my email from the embassy was from the 4th January and it stated that no date had been set at that point.

Must have been one of the British papers had the wrong info then BT :wink:

I had an idea of going to Dublin at New Year a few year back :yes: didn't want to leave my mum alone at that time though :no:

susanp6 said:
Must have been one of the British papers had the wrong info then BT :wink:

I had an idea of going to Dublin at New Year a few year back :yes: didn't want to leave my mum alone at that time though :no:

I cant find anything about Bono's, we were in Dublin until the 2nd but we had already booked before we knew about the knighthood, I thought it might be worth a day out to see if we could see him.

Thanks anyway.

The_Edge89 said:
I think he received it on New Year's Day actually, but I'm not completely sure about that. ;)

If he had recieved it, PLEBA would have some picutres by now.

I don't think he has received it yet. We certainly would have heard something about it.
I hope we will see some pictures from this event.

You can pick up your knighthood or honor during the year you have received it. If you get it from the Queen herself, they schedule a ceremony with a photo call outside. So unless Bono did not want to be photographed with his medallion, say for example the political reaction this has received, the ceremony will be sometime later on.

On the other hand, a ceremony allows Bono to plug whatever cause he wants to talk about, so why wouldn't he take advantage of that?

silvrlvr said:
You can pick up your knighthood or honor during the year you have received it. If you get it from the Queen herself, they schedule a ceremony with a photo call outside. So unless Bono did not want to be photographed with his medallion, say for example the political reaction this has received, the ceremony will be sometime later on.

On the other hand, a ceremony allows Bono to plug whatever cause he wants to talk about, so why wouldn't he take advantage of that?
Good points. I don't think he would have picked up this honour so secretly. There are ALWAYS pictures and reports whenever he gets an award, and the knighthood isn't a small one. And I too believe that Bono would take this opportunity to make a speech.

biff said:
The official announcement said only: "Early in the New Year".
It hasn't happened yet.

Hi Julie!:wave:

Hi!!:wave:

Yes I agree plus the embassy have said it will be January but no date has been set as yet.
I thought my "Bonodar" was off again!!!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom