When did you realize???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by hippyactress:
Umm....I was under the impression it was all about Adam with you? Do we finally see the TRUE elizabeth?
wink.gif

I AM NOT a bono-chick. I do adore Bono, truly, madly, deeply. (ugh- i hate that group) but ADAM IS THE ONE FOR ME. I guess I just found some similarities between Bono and Homer.

and I really want those violet-lenses shades that adam wears. REALLY. Not as much as the pants, but they're runnin' a close second.

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Um...i think it was when I got a pair of Bono shades...then another pair...then the 'over the hand' long sleeved Bono shirts...and the Bono shoes...and the Sparky accessories...and the Bono pants....

Where did you get Bono shoes???? I can't find them anywhere!! I need them!!!

Originally posted by elizabeth:
I guess I just found some similarities between Bono and Homer.

AW! Poor Bono. *g*

Disco get back here! We need glasses! And shoes!

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness... To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

"Penises, I'm inclined to believe... are good things." - Adam

Okay.. I think I must think about U2 CONSTANTLY.. because I am constantly almost calling EVERYONE Bono. Really. I almost called a woman Bono. I called my COMPUTER Bono. I call EVERYTHING Bono!
wink.gif

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

On Christmas Day I drove over to my friend?s house and dropped off a blank VHS tape for her tape the DirectTV special for me. This was after I left two voice mails for her and her husband explaining to them how important this is to me. She is such a great friend, she left her TV on and taped the special from 1AM-5AM. Later on that evening I was looking for something and I came across some sort of note that I wrote in the 8th grade *wow, that was a lifetime ago!* claiming how much I love U2 and I had written all of the songs that I love on this notebook paper. I died laughing and was so embarrassed for myself, I am sure I turned a bright shade of red. This note must have been written right after I saw Rattle&Hum. I also found my movie ticket for Rattle&Hum, I was shocked that I saved it but also shocked of the price of the movie ticket, it was for $2.75!
So I guess Christmas was the day I realized how much of U2 fan I really am.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 12-28-2001).]

When I started hanging psoters in my office at work.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
Okay.. I think I must think about U2 CONSTANTLY.. because I am constantly almost calling EVERYONE Bono. Really. I almost called a woman Bono. I called my COMPUTER Bono. I call EVERYTHING Bono!
wink.gif

LOL!!!!!

I was going thru an old scrapbook the other day and found the Rattle and Hum movie ticket stub too. I didn't know I kept it, but I do keep everything.

Wow that seems like a lifetime ago. I feel old!

The first time I realized it had to be at about 2am on the morning of October 16th, when Mirrorball Girl and I were camping out for the second Chicago show. We were cold, wet, exhausted, starving and broken. What's really frightening is that I have no doubt in my mind whether it was worth the suffering to get spots on the rail; of course it was...*blink* *blink*

I'd say my most recent "gone to far" moment was the Christmas exchange between myself and Mirrorball Girl. I wrapped her present in gold wrapping paper and attatched a postcard with a picture of MacPhisto on it. Did I mention that I wrote the postcard to her as if it were actually *from* MacPhisto? In gold ink, no less. Oh, yeah: and I used the fake Bono stamp as postage. Yeah, that's definitely not normal
wink.gif

Her gift was no less bizarre. It included an interview cd in the shape of Adam's head, as well as stick puppets of the boys she fashioned herself, complete with alternate outfits for the boys, one of which was a t-shirt for Adam with her picture on it.

We need help
biggrin.gif

I guess the craziest thing I did was to line up all day alone(!) for the heart in Miami earlier this month. Made friends on the GA line anyway. I know it's normal for us fans, but insane for others, especially to my family. I had never done that for any band and never really realized that I could be this obssessed and be a groupie. Had I gotten hooked on them years back, I would've ended up broke, but uh, hehe, happy.

Just came back from Chicago and they pretty much have cool record stores with the vinyls, boots, cds and U2 books. Sheesh. Spent money again.
eek.gif

I don't know if I ever answered the original question. I don't really know when I KNEW.

But....probably when all I had to do was say the word "you" before my friends would say "NO BONO"

*sigh*

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"There were moments when Bono even earned cheers for simply loosening his shirt"

"Listen....I could be a genius if I weren't so lazy"

Originally posted by WildHonee:
I don't know if I ever answered the original question. I don't really know when I KNEW.

But....probably when all I had to do was say the word "you" before my friends would say "NO BONO"

*sigh*

Ha Ha. My friends do that too. I try really hard sometimes to get someone else to bring up the topic of U2 so that I can go on and on, and if someone gets mad at me then It isn't really my fault. I was at the bar with a few friends a couple weeks ago. We were on our way out the door, jackets on and everything, when a U2 song came on. I made everyone stay in the bar until it was over, even though my car was parked right outside with every U2 cd in it!!!! Why doesn't everyone love U2 like us???

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
What's really frightening is that I have no doubt in my mind whether it was worth the suffering to get spots on the rail; of course it was...*blink* *blink*

Yeah, that's probably the most bizarre thing.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness... To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

"Penises, I'm inclined to believe... are good things." - Adam

Back
Top Bottom