What's your pet peeve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh me too! I also have asthma and excema...as if one of them weren't bad enough! My sister and brother have them too. They must go in pairs or something. Fortunately, mine has pretty much cleared up, but it was the bane of my existence at school.

bammo2 said:
oooh yeah the skin thing. I suffer from really bad excema on my hands, and people often think I'm contagious. When I was younger, some people at school wouldn't touch me cos they thought I was contagious. they also thought I was being over-dramatic when I had time off school with asthma. They still didn't believe that I was ill when I had to spend 10 days in hospital. :mad:

I have psoriasis. When I go to sign my credit card slip or something, the counter girls look like, eww, don't use my pen like it's contagious or something. I do have relatives who don't want me to make them food, wash their dishes or take their clothes out of the dryer because they think I have 'the crud' and they'll catch it. :( It is a condition in the way the layers of skin form and is not a germ or anything you can catch.

Oh, that's so sad! Even your name is sad! :(

You know, when I was being bullied in public school, I thought of telling the kids that my excema was horribly contageous so they would finally stay away from me and leave me alone....my mom talked me out of it. Probably for the best.

Life is so unfair, especially when it comes from your own family! :sigh:

wavesofregret said:
I have psoriasis. When I go to sign my credit card slip or something, the counter girls look like, eww, don't use my pen like it's contagious or something. I do have relatives who don't want me to make them food, wash their dishes or take their clothes out of the dryer because they think I have 'the crud' and they'll catch it. :( It is a condition in the way the layers of skin form and is not a germ or anything you can catch.

Ok, I didn't want to post a new thread just for this rant, so we'll call it one of my pet peeves...

:rant: I hate when co-workers have an issue with you, yet they don't have the b*lls to say anything to your face...instead they'll take it to your boss, right while you're sitting there within ear shot and they know darn well you can hear them but yet they talk like you're not even there!

:rant: My co-worker did this this morning... and I'm still fuming over it. My boss pulled her into his office, and they were in there for a LONG arse time... I wanna know what was said. :yell:

:rant: I didn't do anything wrong... this co-worker is A LOT older than me and she acts like she's in preschool and *tattles* on the stupidest, pettiest things :mad: My boss just usually rolls his eyes cuz he knows she's like that, but it still bugs the crap out of me that she can't just bring the issue to my face :yell:

Maybe it's cuz she knows I'll kick her arse :shifty:

I also work with people about twenty years older than me and sometimes
they act that way also. I think they take advantage because I haven't been here
for twenty years like them so they can get
away with EVERYTHING! I just ignore them. (although, sometimes they make me so mad
I go cry in the bathroom). It's hard to be confrontational since you have to see them
every day and besides jobs are hard to come by.

I do give them that "I know what you are trying to do - I'm no fool" look. They need me, more than
I need them (even if I'm just a secretary.

erised said:
Ok, I didn't want to post a new thread just for this rant, so we'll call it one of my pet peeves...

:rant: I hate when co-workers have an issue with you, yet they don't have the b*lls to say anything to your face...instead they'll take it to your boss, right while you're sitting there within ear shot and they know darn well you can hear them but yet they talk like you're not even there!

:rant: My co-worker did this this morning... and I'm still fuming over it. My boss pulled her into his office, and they were in there for a LONG arse time... I wanna know what was said. :yell:

:rant: I didn't do anything wrong... this co-worker is A LOT older than me and she acts like she's in preschool and *tattles* on the stupidest, pettiest things :mad: My boss just usually rolls his eyes cuz he knows she's like that, but it still bugs the crap out of me that she can't just bring the issue to my face :yell:

Maybe it's cuz she knows I'll kick her arse :shifty:

That is rude.

I had that happen to me at my old school. Kids would have mean things they wanted to say, but they'd whisper them to other kids...and I was still in earshot. I know they were talking about me because they'd look in my direction, and I know by the looks of the people they were talking to that what was being said about me wasn't good, and it ticked me off. It was like, "I am here, you know. If you think you're so much better than me, then why don't you have the guts to tell me to my face what you think of me?"

That happened a lot in elementary school in particular (god, we're not even going into how bad elementary school was for me at times...).

It sucked.

Angela

AngelofLarrydom said:
I also work with people about twenty years older than me and sometimes
they act that way also. I think they take advantage because I haven't been here
for twenty years like them so they can get
away with EVERYTHING! I just ignore them. (although, sometimes they make me so mad
I go cry in the bathroom). It's hard to be confrontational since you have to see them
every day and besides jobs are hard to come by.

I do give them that "I know what you are trying to do - I'm no fool" look. They need me, more than
I need them (even if I'm just a secretary.

Well, that's just the thing, i really like where I work but this woman drives me BATTY! :yes: She's the only thing I don't like about my job. When she does this sh*t, I always start thinking about looking for another job, but then I think, why should I leave a good job over her?!? I soooooooooo hope she retires soon...she's eligible so I don't know why she doesn't. I think she's one of those peeps that'll die at their desk. :|

Anyway, I chatted with my boss at the end of the day and all's cool. He actually started ranting to me about her! :laugh:

So all's good now... I'm just glad I had PLEBA to keep me sane during those hairy times today :D

Moonlit_Angel said:

That is rude.

I had that happen to me at my old school. Kids would have mean things they wanted to say, but they'd whisper them to other kids...and I was still in earshot. I know they were talking about me because they'd look in my direction, and I know by the looks of the people they were talking to that what was being said about me wasn't good, and it ticked me off. It was like, "I am here, you know. If you think you're so much better than me, then why don't you have the guts to tell me to my face what you think of me?"

That happened a lot in elementary school in particular (god, we're not even going into how bad elementary school was for me at times...).

It sucked.

Angela

Aw, Angela :hug:

What's up with these kinds of peeps? I just don't get 'em. :tsk:

This woman does this all the time... she'll always talk about me like I'm not there, even though my office opens up to the main office area where she sits and I can see her from where I sit at my computer... so she knows darn well I can hear her yet she talks to other peeps like I'm invisible... I just don't get it :shrug:

To all rude co-workers and immature, cruel classmates - :madspit:

My sympathies (sp?) to everyone who has had to suffer because of any (or both) of these pests. I know I have.

:hug: 's

flaming june said:
To all rude co-workers and immature, cruel classmates - :madspit:

My sympathies (sp?) to everyone who has had to suffer because of any (or both) of these pests. I know I have.

:hug: 's

class mates, how about people on the school bus?? bad bad memories...lots of them pertaining to the school bus, but i got picked on plenty in school as well as in transit

i hate having co workers who are all over 27 and having just turned 18, being treated like a little kid...

IWasBored said:

class mates, how about people on the school bus?? bad bad memories...lots of them pertaining to the school bus, but i got picked on plenty in school as well as in transit

i hate having co workers who are all over 27 and having just turned 18, being treated like a little kid...

Aw :hug:

I wouldn't treat ya like a kid. Actually, I'm 28 and I get along better with my co-workers who are younger (we have college students work part-time in our office) than I do the older ones :yes: :D

One of my favorites was a girl who loved Larry as much as I do :laugh: When no one else was in the office, we'd sit around and talk about him!

:macdevil:

Back
Top Bottom