What's everyone doing this summer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arw

Blue Crack Addict
so...what are your fun (or not so fun!) summer plans? Big or small....what are you going to do?

My summer was awful last year. We had 2 big moves in the family, garage sales, and my brother opened up a hair salon right in the middle of it all. I didn't get to enjoy the nice weather until it was almost over. :( So I want to do some fun stuff I missed out on last year!

Aside from finding a job this is what I'm doing:

I want to try to spend as much time on the weekends at the lakes by my house.

I also want to get to as many art fairs and festivals as possible.

I'm going to my cousin's wedding in Los Angeles with every single person I'm related to. Then some of us are driving to Vegas for a week. I've never been to Vegas so I can't wait!!!!! One of my oldest friends in the entire world lives not too far from Vegas and I haven't seen her in 10 years so she might meet me for the week too!

Kariann and Schmeg are coming to see me for 4 wonderful days in August :hyper: :dance: I'm going to take them EVERYWHERE!!!

I have some day trips I want to take to other places in Minnesota...maybe make them into a weekend trip. There's a few places in Northern Minnesota that I really want to get to and have never had the time.

I'm not doing anything lol. I'm just gonna sit around the house and look at Edge I guess. I dont know. Oh, and work. Hopefully! I need money so I can buy more things for my U2 and Who collections! hehe.

arw9797 said:
Kariann and Schmeg are coming to see me for 4 wonderful days in August :hyper: :dance: I'm going to take them EVERYWHERE!!!
:hyper: Can't wait for that!!

I'll be mostly working my butt off to pay off a few bills this summer for some big plans for next year ( :hyper: again), but there are a few good times ahead. In a few weeks Kariann and with a little luck arw (crossing fingers, toes, eyes, etc. for you!) will be coming to my house and I plan to take them EVERYWHERE! July is pretty tame...my uncle's 4th of July party and DMB on the 6th. Then in August my mom and I will be going to Lake Placid for our annual trip and then I'll be getting the official arw tour of Minnesota!

I haven't got any summer plans yet because here summer is in december.
So I'll say some of my winter plans,ok? :wink:

-try not to freeze in this cold city. :huh:
-enjoy my university break(15 days) in July
-go home and visit my parents and friends
-sleep a lot :D
-go to some parties and concerts :dance:

*sits and waits till her summer holdidays* :sigh: :grumpy:

;)

Supernova said:
I haven't got any summer plans yet because here summer is in december.

:lol:

Hope your getting through the winter allright, Bruna! :hug:

Well, it summer here - or supposed to be summer :eyebrow: ... What I'm going to do:

- First of all - get over all of these :rant: exams! And then my summer holidays begin on 25th June... :hyper:

- Right after my final exam I'm going to the other end of the country to our national YMCA/YWCA camp. It's only held evey 4th year and only lasts a week, so I'm looking very much forward to it - it's going to be so much fun! :D

- Then I'm going to Norway for a week... on a very small island in the south of Norway - I'm so excited about this 'cause I'm going to see a place I've been wanting to see for the last 6 or 7 years... It's where telemark skiing and the ideas of modern skiing was born :bow:

- ...and then I'm going to a little island in the far east of the country for two week to visit my family :yes:

Besides these thing I'm just going to enjoy life - go swimming at the beach, go to concerts, hang out with friends... :D

reading everyone else's posts makes me want to be in school again to have a break! Aside from working at least three 12 hour shifts a week-
- Going to Sanibel Island and lazing around the beach all week sleeping/consuming adult beverages
- Seeing the Sting concert in July - sting is good non-Bono sub for the summer
- Working more than above mentioned three 12 hour shifts as nasty nursing shortage going on:sad: on brighter side saving for u2 tour next year
-trying to stay away from vile peach ice cream that is so good:wink:

We're having a giant art show in July, and I've already gotten some offers from some people for my art, but I'm still nervous. I need to have a good show! I'll be working like hell getting my things ready, and then after that I'm going to goof off, work in the library, and insanely do a medieval re-enactment faire in August and burn up but have fun.

Right now I'm living behind a bedsheet in my parents' basement and working half-days.

Tuesday I move into my house :hyper:

Wednesday I start my full time 8am-4:30pm Mon-Fri summer schedule

In three weeks I'm going to my boyfriend's in Iowa for a Meet The Girlfriends weekend

In August I have two weeks off for a family thing we've done every year of my life and every year of my mom's. I know, it sounds hard to get 2 weeks off work, but I asked for this off before Christmas and my boss knows how important this one vacation is to me (and my dear grandma). We spend 1-2 weeks at a cottage my grandparents have been renting since they were first married. This is the highlight of my year b/c there's nothing I love more than swimming, tanning, fishing, biking, and just plain chillin'. Also, the Olympics (if, God willing, they occur...) will be on then which is sweet for me b/c I love gymnastics as much as I love U2.

Other than that, it's just the regular full time/overtime working and going to the beach Sat and Sundays to unwind. I could never survive in a land-locked state!

Arw, sounds like you are going to have a pretty eventful summer! I just have a couple of beach trips planned. In July, I'm going to Myrtle Beach, SC for a week. I'm going to meet my best friend from high school there, who I haven't seen in three or four years. I'm pretty excited about that. And then in August, I'm going to Ocean City, MD. I have a friend there who has a condo, so I don't have to pay a thing for that trip. Can't beat that. I also want to try and find a new job, after I get back from my first beach trip. My current one isn't really something I want to do for a long time (already stayed longer then I planned). I just took it, because at the time, I wasn't finding anything better. Otherwise, I'll just sit around the house, practice on my guitar, and count the days until the new album.

I'm going to have a garage sale this coming weekend. Then 2 weeks from now I will be going to Kansas to visit my brother and his wife. The rest of the summer I will be working.

nurse chrissi said:
reading everyone else's posts makes me want to be in school again to have a break! Aside from working at least three 12 hour shifts a week-
- Going to Sanibel Island and lazing around the beach all week sleeping/consuming adult beverages
-

:lol: that's where I'm going too :) Have you been there before? It's beautiful - this is our fourth year in a row.

I'm going to California sometime in late June/early July for about two weeks. My dad is in the process of planning the trip for my sister and I so I'm not quite sure where we'll be going. I'm pretty sure we'll be going to Pasedena to visit relatives and then doing the hitting the tourist attraction places in LA/Hollywood.

I'm doing an internship at a magazine in Pittsburgh (home!) this summer. So far it's been fairly interesting. But it's unpaid, so that sucks.

Two of my friends from school are coming to visit this weekend to see Harry Potter with me, so that is super exciting. And the end of June, I'm spending a few days in Washington D.C.

In general, though, the summer has been dull. I'm looking forward to going back to college.

kellyahern said:

:lol: that's where I'm going too :) Have you been there before? It's beautiful - this is our fourth year in a row.

I keep hearing great things about this place. I'm kicking myself for never stopping there on the way down to my spring break hangout. Maybe next year....

sanibel Island - first year - we are going for family reunion as everyone can go "do their own thing" and not be stuck in one house in the midwest for the week (we have done this in the past). So I am really looking forward to it - we leave next week

nurse chrissi said:
sanibel Island - first year - we are going for family reunion as everyone can go "do their own thing" and not be stuck in one house in the midwest for the week (we have done this in the past). So I am really looking forward to it - we leave next week

:)

They have a Cheeburger Cheeburger restaurant there - have the peanut butter shake, it's :drool:

I'm going to live in Ireland and working behind a bar in this hotel

ext2n.jpg

:hyper:

• Going to the Lake District with my fiance and his family
  • Spending some time in London
  • Getting married :hyper::love:
  • Going to Barcelona, Spain fora week for our honeymoon :hyper:
  • Writing my dissertation :(
  • Applying for my visa
  • Moving to Norwich
  • Looking for a job

<---see my sig. I'm anxious to hit the road and see something different :scream: Now all I need is money and somebody to look after the cats.

Back
Top Bottom