What You'd Say vs What You'd Mean...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gluey

Blue Crack Addict
Hi everyone! Back from my holiday....

Now imagine this.....your dream finally comes true and you get to meet all or one of the guys....you get to talk to them......what do you truly want to say, would you be able to say it, or would it be most likely that some random blurb would escape your lips instead.....:huh:

Anyway, my dream is to meet Bono and Edge....I'd love to just chat normally to them - nothing heavy or political, just how much I love what they've done and are still doing etc.....

What it would come out like in the heat of the moment....
"Oh my god, oh my god. I I I I I, Oh my god, *thunk* (gluey hits the ground)

The look on Bonos face after his encounter with me....

bonoscaredlookfl2.jpg

HAVE FUN!!

heh! I was having this convo with my mum the other day..
I would love to just chat to Edge, tell him how great I think his work with Music Rising is etc...
But knowing me I'd just be like "omgomgomg...:drool:...I LOVE YOUR PANTS!"

Or something similar :eyebrow:

hey Gluey...are you getting really REALLY impatient with waiting for the new tour dates?? -_-

Slopsy said:
heh! I was having this convo with my mum the other day..
I would love to just chat to Edge, tell him how great I think his work with Music Rising is etc...
But knowing me I'd just be like "omgomgomg...:drool:...I LOVE YOUR PANTS!"

Or something similar :eyebrow:

hey Gluey...are you getting really REALLY impatient with waiting for the new tour dates?? -_-

Impatience is a huge understatement! I think i've all but given up. Fingers crossed they surprise us and actually do give us a date AND come this time!!!

Lol! Well on the U2NZ forum it's all rumours rumours, but they said they should be released in the next week...

...I don't trust them. They said that the day after the postponment :(

Slopsy said:
Lol! Well on the U2NZ forum it's all rumours rumours, but they said they should be released in the next week...

...I don't trust them. They said that the day after the postponment :(

Yep I'm really cynical about it all now....don't trust anyone anymore about it....will believe it when i have a reissued ticket in my hand and I'm standing at the concert!

I want to meet all of U2 but Bono and Edge most. In theory I'd say how much I love their music, the shows etc etc. In reality I'd say "I LOVE YOU!" *throws arms around Bono and faints*

:bono: : er...heheheh...security!:eyebrow:

Last edited:
I would love to go to Ireland & meet Bono in a pub & just have a couple pints & then talk to him about how much I enjoy U2's music & I have been since their beginning. Just talk & be natural (yeah right.) When I thought he was coming back out to sign autographs in Atlanta--my biggest worry was that I had bad breath--the girl next to me said what do you want to kiss him or something :)yes: )

I think I'd want to say to Bono how much he and the band mean to me.... but he prolly heard that a million times... I love you isn't very original either.... I'd want to say something he would remember..... but in the end... all coming out of my mouth would be 'oh.... my.... god.... :shocked: *GG hits tarmac*

another thread reminded me, I'd love to ask either Bono or Edge one day what the Beachball incident on the Slane dvd was about! It probably would be some lame joke... but still.... I"m deadly curious!

Last edited:
I would love just to spend a day with Bono and do whatever.....not one of his busy days though, like going to a club, bar hangin out and just getting to know the real Bono.

That was the imaginary JC. The real JC would be like::blahblah::blahblah: :nerd::faint:

I met Bono very briefly just before a show at MSG, along with about 60 or so other people, so no, it wasn't the ideal meeting. But I remember someone giving advice about it, saying that he truly loves to talk to people, and if you talk to him vs. just shove something in his face to autograph, that he'll stick around. Well, he didn't, which I don't think was his 'fault' or anything, because he was running late, and I got the feeling that he wasn't feeling 100% that day either - just a feeling. Anyway, we'd already taken back our things to be autographed to the hotel because it was quite late and we didn't expect Bono to come out and greet people, but wow, he spent just a couple of seconds with each fan, mostly autographing, or saying "You're welcome" to people yelling out "Thank you Bono!" (who weren't lucky enough to be at the front of the gate). So I'm watching him come down this line, about 40-50 feet long or so, and I'm at the end, and you'd think I'd have tons of time to think about what I wanted to say or whatever, maybe ask him what he's reading or something. Then I got distracted by two guys behind me asking John what it would take to get a picture with Bono (to which John just said, "He's right there, you can take a picture of him any time you wish!" But of course they kept saying they wanted to be in the photo with him, blah blah blah...they were a little pushy), and then soon enough, the B-man himself was in front of me, and all I could think was, "Wow, he's not that little - everyone I know that's met him has commented on how little he really is...I wonder if it's the hat, or if it's just John that makes Bono look little..." and then realized "OMFG Bono is standing right in front of me!" and he's signing this and that for people and saying "You're welcome" and all, so all I could muster up was a very faint, "I'd like to give you a hug." At which case I didn't know if he'd even heard me because he was still signing autographs and the like, so I repeated myself, being very clear that I wanted to give him a hug rather than take something from him (like all the other autograph people - I thought it'd be cool to give something to him rather than take something away...screwy logic but hey that's what goes through your mind when the man your husband calls your boyfriend is standing in front of you), and then my friend chimed in and said, "Yeah, can I have a hug?" and I was thinking, "Hey, missy! That was my idea! Except I wanted to give him the hug instead of take it from him" And then here were two :nerd:s pestering the poor boy for a hug and he just simply looked at both of us and made this incredibly adorable face that I just can't put into words but then I see him leaning between the both of us and quickly just letting us embrace him for a second and wow now Bono's cheek is touching my cheek and what do I do now? Then he leaves, but not before giving me whisker burn on my cheek, assuring that I will never, ever, again complain about my husband's whisker burn. By that point I just wasn't capable of speech or I would have said, "Thank you". (The next few days I was :banghead: because I forgot to tell him that.) Just after that my friend told me she kissed him on his cheek, and I called her a hussy for doing that (secretly cursing that I didn't think of that myself).

What was the question again? Oh, I think I'd just simply say "Thank you, thank you for so much."

I couldn't get a word out when i met Bono :drool: :combust: :faint:

All i could do was stare, drool and shake like was going to melt into a puddle of goo!!!

Crikey, what a sexy beast - a million times more delectable when he's touching you and looking at you for what feels like forever, shit!!! :flirt: :combust:

^ :yes: I hear you sister!! :wink: Although, as some of you here may know, that when I met Bono in Copenhagen last year I managed to blurt out “Please try and make it to Finland next time” and without looking at me Bono replied “Yeah, it was bad that we didn’t make it there this time”. You could've knocked me down with a feather!! :faint:

I would like to thank him and tell him how much U2's music means to me, and about how it's inspired me to finally find faith, etc. etc.

But I imagine I would just blubber and cry and be incapeable of speech.

Do you ever wonder what the guys think when they see fans go into blubbering messes? I guess now they would be used to it and not worry, but I'm sure there would have been a time they would talk and laugh about it!

here's a pic anyway, gotta have pics to look at to balance the reading!!!

u2oscera64s98ar6.jpg

I met Bono 5 times....so far...Of course it is never time for conversation and as much as I and everyone wants to hog him up, I just can't be that selfish or brass..The one meeting was very well, awesome I was in front of him *litterally a foot away* he was addressing the crowd *I could have stood there for ever!* he smelled great and looked like he had just showered *was after a show* seeing the freckles ahearing his voice being in his presence!!! *YES* it was very memorable!!! especially because as he talked he walked forward and I couldn't move back because of the crowd behind me who started to move forward sort of pushing he towaards him..I dont know how it happened but I was holding Bono's wrist:lol:...The crowd began to get a bit rowdy and unfortunately Bono was wisked away:(
There aws no chance to ask him anything..I did thank him for a great show though...I agree with LemonGrrrl he is not that short..Im 5'2" and had 3 inch heeled boots on ..Bono was wearing his heels too, none the less he was taller than me...

Another meeting was more intense and longer and well..I kissed Bono !...aimed for the cheek ..got the stubbly jaw *Hey Im not complaining!!:love:..Got his after shave on my face..:drool:

In any of the meetings with the guys I forget what I want to ask because they are so quick...I even forget I have something in my hand for them to sign...

I always imagined talking to Bono about his Data work and stuff...Yes it really intrests and inspires me how commited he is..Sometimes I tend to loose faith in people and yet he keeps on believeing full heartedly..He is amazing!!!

:wink:

gluey said:

Impatience is a huge understatement! I think i've all but given up. Fingers crossed they surprise us and actually do give us a date AND come this time!!!

Well they've given us a date!!!!!!! OMG I'm SO HYPO right now...I tend to go on the internet as soon as I get out of bed, and I just did the loudest OMGSQUEAL!!!!! When I read the news! :hyper:

U2’s Vertigo Tour Hits The Road Again!

It's official! At last we can confirm the rescheduled Vertigo//2006 shows. U2 will hit the road again in November. Starting in Brisbane on November 7th , U2 will play further dates in Australia, New Zealand and Japan before finishing in Hawaii on December 9.

Kanye West will join the band in Australia and New Zealand while Special Guests, Pearl Jam will join Rocco and the Devils for December 9 in Honolulu.

These show dates are rescheduled following the postponement of Vertigo//2006 earlier in the year. For full ticket information in your area please see below.

“We are very happy to announce the rescheduling and appreciate everyone’s patience.” said Arthur Fogel, of TNA.

The Vertigo Tour opened in San Diego in March 2005, is set for a grand finish in Hawaii with the addition of Pearl Jam.

“It’s going to be a great night in Hawaii,” said Paul McGuinness, U2’s manager. “The band are really pleased Pearl Jam could join the bill, a great end to what has already been a very successful tour.”

The new show dates are as follows:

Auckland - Ericsson Stadium - (Old Date) Friday, March 17th/06 - (New Date) Friday, November 24/06

Auckland - Ericsson Stadium - (Old Date) Saturday, March 18th/06 - (New Date) Saturday, November 25/06

Brisbane - QSAC Stadium - (Old Date) Tuesday, March 21st/06 - (New Date) Tuesday, November 7/06

Melbourne - Telstra Dome - (Old Date) Friday, March 24th/06 - (New Date) Saturday, November 18/06

Melbourne - Telstra Dome - (Old Date) Saturday, March 25th/06 - (New Date) Sunday, November 19/06

Adelaide - AAMI Stadium - (Old Date) Tuesday, March 28th/06 - (New Date) Thursday, November 16/06

Sydney - Telstra Stadium - (Old Date) Friday, March 31st/06 - (New Date) Friday, November 10/06

Sydney - Telstra Stadium - (Old Date) Saturday, April 1st/06 - (New Date) Saturday, November 11/06

Honolulu - Aloha Stadium - (Old Date) Saturday, April 8/06 - (New Date) Saturday, December 9/06

In Tokyo, 3 New Show Dates have been confirmed

Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena - Wednesday, November 29th/06
Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena - Thursday, November 30th/06
Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena - Monday, December 4th/

Galeongirl said:
:ohmy: BonoFox, tell us a little more about that other meeting.....

:shifty: what does his after shave smell like?

Well since I had met him earlier that day and had gotton a hug from him as I posed for a pic...(pic didnt turn out right :( )
He hung out with the small crowd for about 10 minutes b-4
leaving.
A few friends and I decided to hang out and wait to see him agian
he is so addicting:love: we waited 6 hours :|

Finally he came out and was ready to hit the town ..he was wearing black pants black *unbuttoned* shirt and his maroon colored velvet jacket..he looked fresh and smelled DELISH!!! after a few of the people got to him I went up to him and he leaned into me *it had gotton a bit noisy*He thought I was saying something *! can't recall If i said something or not:huh: * All I remember is hugging him and kissing *aimed for his cheek* but got his jaw...stubbly wiskers brushed my lips...
After that you could'nt contain me!!!than I just needed to sit quiet and relive the moment..and I did have his aftershave very clear on my face:drool: In the car my friend kept rattling on I kept telling her to shut up because I didnt want the small and the feel of Bono to leave me ..I did manage to carry the feeling all the way home and slept with a huge smile on my face:love:

Last edited:
gluey said:
U2’s Vertigo Tour Hits The Road Again

“It’s going to be a great night in Hawaii,” said Paul McGuinness, U2’s manager. “The band are really pleased Pearl Jam could join the bill, a great end to what has already been a very successful tour.”

The new show dates are as follows:

Honolulu - Aloha Stadium - (Old Date) Saturday, April 8/06 - (New Date) Saturday, December 9/06

/

EEEEEKKKK!!!! *YAY* I already asked for those days off from work and got them!!! HAWAII!!!! WOO HOO!!!!:rockon:
Thank you for posting this Gluey...now I'll pass out for a few minutes!!!!:faint:

Last edited:
BonoFox1 said:

EEEEEKKKK!!!! *YAY* I already asked for those days off from work and got them!!! HAWAII!!!! WOO HOO!!!!:rockon:
Thank yopu for posting this Gluey...now I'll pass out for a few minutes!!!!:faint:

Hey BonoFox.......BREATHE!!! hehe.....I AM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! I'd all but given up on them returning!!! Dancing wildly here!!!

BonoFox1 said:
^^^ Keeping my fingers croseed that you get to meet the guys Gluey!!! :hyper: *esp .Bono*;)

OMG I wouldn't know where to start to find them or get near them!!! HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

BonoFox1 said:
I met Bono 5 times....so far...Of course it is never time for conversation and as much as I and everyone wants to hog him up, I just can't be that selfish or brass..The one meeting was very well, awesome I was in front of him *litterally a foot away* he was addressing the crowd *I could have stood there for ever!* he smelled great and looked like he had just showered *was after a show* seeing the freckles ahearing his voice being in his presence!!! *YES* it was very memorable!!! especially because as he talked he walked forward and I couldn't move back because of the crowd behind me who started to move forward sort of pushing he towaards him..I dont know how it happened but I was holding Bono's wrist:lol:...The crowd began to get a bit rowdy and unfortunately Bono was wisked away:(
There aws no chance to ask him anything..I did thank him for a great show though...I agree with LemonGrrrl he is not that short..Im 5'2" and had 3 inch heeled boots on ..Bono was wearing his heels too, none the less he was taller than me...

Another meeting was more intense and longer and well..I kissed Bono !...aimed for the cheek ..got the stubbly jaw *Hey Im not complaining!!:love:..Got his after shave on my face..:drool:

In any of the meetings with the guys I forget what I want to ask because they are so quick...I even forget I have something in my hand for them to sign...

I always imagined talking to Bono about his Data work and stuff...Yes it really intrests and inspires me how commited he is..Sometimes I tend to loose faith in people and yet he keeps on believeing full heartedly..He is amazing!!!

:wink:

:shocked: WOW!!!BonoFox1 that must have been dreamy, have you ever got a little lost when you were around him or holding his rist,you know, like when you can`t belive that it happend...:hmm: :hyper:

gluey said:

Hey BonoFox.......BREATHE!!! hehe.....I AM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! I'd all but given up on them returning!!! Dancing wildly here!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG THIS IS SO EXCELLENT!!!!
Have you ever seen them before Gluey?!

Mum & I are already making plans to meet Bono & Edge respectively...OMG I'm SOOO excited! I'm even typing like a spastic!!

flybabe said:

:shocked: WOW!!!BonoFox1 that must have been dreamy, have you ever got a little lost when you were around him or holding his rist,you know, like when you can`t belive that it happend...:hmm: :hyper:

Hi flybabe:wave:

Yeah..I think I did space out a bit when I realized I was holding his wrist... he was so warm campared to my oh so cold hand..It in deed was memorable;)

Back
Top Bottom