What would you do? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-23-2002, 11:39 AM   #1
The Fly
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 160
Local Time: 06:12 AM
What would you do?

So here's something that's a litte off topic, but you could apply it your mind to U2. I got one question for ya all. What would you do if you wanted something so bad, yet there's a good chance (like 85%) you couldn't get it? Let me know.

------------------
"Yep...Silver and Gold!!!" - Bono

We'll Shine Like Stars In The Summer Nights...
__________________

Lemonator is offline  
Old 01-23-2002, 11:42 AM   #2
Ana
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Ana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ; behind the Shadows and Tall Trees
Posts: 4,229
Local Time: 11:12 PM
I'd like Bono to be 20 again. And me being his neighbor *sigh*

Hey! I love to dream out loud!
__________________

Ana is offline  
Old 01-23-2002, 11:43 AM   #3
Ana
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Ana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ; behind the Shadows and Tall Trees
Posts: 4,229
Local Time: 11:12 PM
BTW: I know that's not gonna happen. 100% sure.
Ana is offline  
Old 01-23-2002, 12:18 PM   #4
The Fly
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 160
Local Time: 06:12 AM
I want a serious answer.

------------------
"Yep...Silver and Gold!!!" - Bono

We'll Shine Like Stars In The Summer Nights...
Lemonator is offline  
Old 01-23-2002, 12:23 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Mullen-Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Antonio/Austin, TX
Posts: 4,951
Local Time: 01:12 AM
Well if I were you I'd try to get it and if you can't get it then oh well, you tried didn't you?

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr Page

*Carries picture of Larry in her wallet* (Sad but true)

clarityat3am: Buy our booooos Discobooooos!
MG: Edge can really get his groove on. Look at him go!
Mullen-Girl is offline  
Old 01-23-2002, 12:28 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Niamh_Saoirse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 8,657
Local Time: 03:12 AM
I'd do my best to change that situation and get what i want. As you can see, I'm extremely stubborn and i don't give up that easy

Flavia
Niamh_Saoirse is offline  
Old 01-23-2002, 12:35 PM   #7
Ana
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Ana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ; behind the Shadows and Tall Trees
Posts: 4,229
Local Time: 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mullen-Girl:
Well if I were you I'd try to get it and if you can't get it then oh well, you tried didn't you?

UH?

Lemonator, that was my serious answer. But lemme think... Hmm...

Okay, build the house of my dreams in about 2 years. I have the terrain to do it. I just need the cash and the willpower to not spend it on other things.

So there. There's my answer to yer question, Lemonator.
BTW: Are you guy or gal?

Ana is offline  
Old 01-23-2002, 01:25 PM   #8
Refugee
 
Lemonboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Inside the Popmart Lemon
Posts: 1,843
Local Time: 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ana:
BTW: Are you guy or gal?

[/B]
Uh??what else??there aren´t much more options!


Lemonboy is offline  
Old 01-23-2002, 04:01 PM   #9
Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
 
WildHonee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: THE SOUL
Posts: 6,870
Local Time: 01:12 AM
This question maketh me sad

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...
WildHonee is offline  
Old 01-23-2002, 04:06 PM   #10
Refugee
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: where there is only love...
Posts: 1,122
Local Time: 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by WildHonee:
This question maketh me sad

Lol Mona... we started Macbeth today, depsite my request (well actually demand) for Hamlet But Macbeth is still good....

Anyways... my response to the topic: I'm a pretty balanced person, but in this case I wouldn't let the negativity surrounding your chances prevent you from going after it.... in my opinion you'll probably regret not doing anything more than trying and failing, because you will always wonder what could have been....




------------------
*~*¤*~*~ Katie ~*~*¤*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Let me love you true, let me rescue you...
wildhoney22 is offline  
Old 01-23-2002, 04:14 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life
 
JessicaAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Milwaukee, WI (USA)
Posts: 11,743
Local Time: 01:12 AM
While there may be an 85% chance that you won't get it, there is a 15% chance that you will (it's the classic, is the glass half-empty or half-full question).

It depends on what it is that you want. Will you, 10 years later regret not at least trying to get whatever it is you wanted?

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

“We make music you can have sex to.”
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)
JessicaAnn is offline  
Old 01-24-2002, 12:43 AM   #12
Acrobat
 
JennyBean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: my own little world
Posts: 496
Local Time: 12:12 AM
I would still go for it. Remember: whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are right. ~Jen
JennyBean is offline  
Old 01-24-2002, 02:47 AM   #13
Refugee
 
On The Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: where I may rock, swivel, and roll. (Daddy Pants Parties on weekends.)
Posts: 1,240
Local Time: 10:12 PM
It's a real bitch to try for something that isn't likely to happen. But (and I think this has been written in many self-help books), which would be worse? Trying or not trying?

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

....what's a Bono?
On The Edge is offline  
Old 01-24-2002, 02:52 AM   #14
The Fly
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 160
Local Time: 06:12 AM
I am a guy...thanks for all the answers...i may explain why i asked this in the near future after i have made my decision.

------------------
"Yep...Silver and Gold!!!" - Bono

We'll Shine Like Stars In The Summer Nights...
Lemonator is offline  
Old 01-24-2002, 02:59 AM   #15
Refugee
 
sparkys girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,084
Local Time: 12:12 AM
i am pretty stubborn and tenacious, so if i really want something, i will not give up until it is mine.

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
when your thoughts are too expensive...to ever want to keep
__________________

sparkys girl is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×