What would Bono have to do to.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
good question!!!!

i think.... geez i don't know... :huh: i think if he would kill someone, without having good reasons... :sad: or if he would beat ali or his children... :sad:

actually, i dunno...:huh: i prefer not to have to think about this....:sad:

yeah I would agree if he beat his kids or Ali......but I cannot imagine that ever happening. ....if he killed someone just to kill them thats a different story but if it was an accident like they jumped in front of his car or it was self defense, like if someone broke into his home is forgiveable.......Yeah so if he beat up Ali or killed someone for fun I wouldn't think he was the greatest any more, also if he beat animals or stuff like that

* hit his kids
* cheat on Ali
* becomes an alchoholic or heavy drug user
* becomes one of those people who blames everything on everyone else, especially their parents, and then writes songs about how much their childhood sucked and now their life is ruined...

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

* becomes one of those people who blames everything on everyone else, especially their parents, and then writes songs about how much their childhood sucked and now their life is ruined...

So I take it you're not a smashing pumpkins fan?

As for Bono it is weird you asked this because I was actually thinking about this for some reason. I echo what other people said about Ali and the kids but I just don;t see it happening. I know I would be bummed if I met Bono and it didn;t live up to my expectations but thats more my problem isn't it?

TiaraGurl said:

S I know I would be bummed if I met Bono and it didn;t live up to my expectations but thats more my problem isn't it?

Yeah it would....but according to everyone who has met him its even better than expected!

I guess if he killed my cats or something, I wouldn't be very taken with the guy at that point. Of course, like everyone else has stated, if he becomes an abusive husband/father...jeez, I don't even want to think about that :huh: But really, I can't think of one thing that he would ACTUALLY do that would make me stop liking him or think him uncool. From all the interviews and articles I've read involving Bono, he just seems like the epitome of "cool," you know? Like, he can do no wrong.

Bah, U2 rocks and I want a new album!!
:p

Last edited:
If he started to do any of the above things, it would almost surely be a neurological problem of some sort. It's not his nature to be unkind to humans or animals. Too much love in the man.

Edited to say: Edge & the others would have him in a hospital so fast.:yes:

Last edited:
because that's one of the few reasons why I liked him in the first place...a faithful husband in the world of rock

I hate to think about it :sad:

If he put out a bad album, like rockrap, and adopted that look, I would not like it, but for him to make me stop liking him as a person he would have to do something awful like beat Ali and the kids and leave her for a supermodel. I hate jerks like that! Also if I found out he shot or abused dogs or cats, I can never like a person who would do that:( I guess if he became a terrorist or a communist, but he isn't likely to do that or any of these things.

BlueGALchick said:
if he had an affair

Bono knows he's got a good thing with Ali; she's his soulmate and lifelong love. That, and she would neuter him if he were stupid enough to have an affair. :evil:

sue4u2 said:
If he started to do any of the above things, it would almost surely be a neurological problem of some sort. It's not his nature to be unkind to humans or animals. Too much love in the man.

Edited to say: Edge & the others would have him in a hospital so fast.:yes:

That's true; if someone does a 180? about-face like that, there's usually something wrong upstairs. Fortunately, Bono's not only smart enough to see and correct any potential problems, he's also got a superb support network; between Ali, his bandmates and his extended family, someone would be sure to get him help if he needed it.

I guess I'm saying the likelihood that Bono would do something to make us not like him anymore is pretty minute. Granted, I was pretty irritated when he took up smoking and drinking, but I wasn't surprised that some of the "rock and roll lifestyle" had rubbed off on him. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sue DeNym said:
Bono knows he's got a good thing with Ali; she's his soulmate and lifelong love. That, and she would neuter him if he were stupid enough to have an affair. :evil:

That's true; if someone does a 180? about-face like that, there's usually something wrong upstairs. Fortunately, Bono's not only smart enough to see and correct any potential problems, he's also got a superb support network; between Ali, his bandmates and his extended family, someone would be sure to get him help if he needed it.

I guess I'm saying the likelihood that Bono would do something to make us not like him anymore is pretty minute. Granted, I was pretty irritated when he took up smoking and drinking, but I wasn't surprised that some of the "rock and roll lifestyle" had rubbed off on him. :rolleyes:

Agree wholeheartedly with all of this.

And at least with Bono, as far as the drinking goes, he can control himself pretty well. You'll most likely never see him on those "Behind The Music" and "E! True Hollywood Story" shows talking about how he became an alcoholic.

And the smoking...yeah, not a fan of that, either...but...:shrug:. It's his choice.

As for the reasons everyone put-yep, can't disagree with those.

Angela

Several years back, I had read in a paper that he was dating Christy Turlington and I was so upset that I could'nt even look at him or listen to his music. I was just so disappointed that he'd leave Ali for anyone-let alone the typical rock star cliche of a model. :sick:
Of course, it turned out to be untrue-just a rumor that got out of hand. Thank God:D
But it definitely proved that him cheating would be something that would make me lose all respect for him.
I don't think he'd do it though, he seems to really understamd what a great thing he has w/Ali-especially as he's gotten older:love:

I've felt the same thing when I read Flanagan's "At the End of the World" when Bono said, "I think fidelity is against human nature." I was like... WHAT?! What are you insinuating?

I ignored it for a while...but it haunted me for *quite* a while and it has been *quite* a while

Through this thread...it made me remember reading an article from Rolling Stone magazine a couple years ago saying that Bono confessed having romps on the beach with naked women

I was devastated

I just...I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE! GOD!

BlueGALchick said:
I've felt the same thing when I read Flanagan's "At the End of the World" when Bono said, "I think fidelity is against human nature." I was like... WHAT?! What are you insinuating?

I ignored it for a while...but it haunted me for *quite* a while and it has been *quite* a while

Through this thread...it made me remember reading an article from Rolling Stone magazine a couple years ago saying that Bono confessed having romps on the beach with naked women

I was devastated

I just...I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE! GOD!

I think this is in the same vein as what he calls "fighting against apathy" when he's doing his African advocacy work. In other words, he feels like he must fight against his nature. So do I, in alot of ways. This doesn't haunt me. It's something he fights, not encourages. If I didn't fight this stuff I'd be a mess.

I've always tried to separate the music, books or art from the musicians, authors, poets since if I knew too much, I probably wouldn't want to listen or read their works. I've never actually kept up with any particular person or group throughout their life and picked up some of their causes like I have with U2. It's hard to explain and/or imagin they could do something to turn me away from the things I've come to respect and support. As individuals they do their on thing, it's not for me to judge and I would still listen to their music if one or all of them turned into some kind of cad. I can't stop liking something because of the producers. There is a great deal of art, in general I wouldn't know of or enjoy if I really knew what went on behind the closed doors. So don't tell me... please. :shame:

Hi BlueGALchick. As you've read the Flanagan book, then you know that Bono loves to skinny dip, hence no doubt the "romps with naked women" on the beach. That whole episode seemed like innocent fun to me, but then I also love to skinny dip. If that's the worst he's ever gotten up to, he really is a saint.

biff said:
Hi BlueGALchick. As you've read the Flanagan book, then you know that Bono loves to skinny dip, hence no doubt the "romps with naked women" on the beach. That whole episode seemed like innocent fun to me, but then I also love to skinny dip. If that's the worst he's ever gotten up to, he really is a saint.

Wasn't there also a scene in the book where he was at a party in Japan and everyone was high or drunk, and some girls kept offering to sleep with him, but he refused?

As far as I'm concerned, there's no proof for me to believe that he's ever had an affair or one night stand with anyone outside of his relationship with Ali. Kudos to her though, she must have an unimaginable amount of trust in him!

verte76[/i] [B]I think this is in the same vein as what he calls "fighting against apathy" when he's doing his African advocacy work. In other words said:

:yes:.

Also agree with LivLuv's post.

Angela

KristenF said:
Several years back, I had read in a paper that he was dating Christy Turlington and I was so upset that I could'nt even look at him or listen to his music. I was just so disappointed that he'd leave Ali for anyone-let alone the typical rock star cliche of a model. :sick:
Of course, it turned out to be untrue-just a rumor that got out of hand. Thank God:D

Yes I remember that and I admit feeling a lot of lost respect and disappointment. I found out later that he complained Ali was actually IN the same pic of him and Christy the tabloids used but they cut her out! I was so furious at them for setting up Bono and ashamed of myself for ever believing the story.

I know we're not supposed to judge, and not all marriages work out, but I'm sorry when I see a famous guy leave his non-famous wife for a 'supermodel' it only shows me he's putting trophy value ahead of love, committment and decency. It's even bad when someone like Rod Stewart trades in his 'old' supermodel for a new model like a car every few years. I used to joke that as soon as Rachael Hunter hit 30 she was history and sure enough she was. I don't believe guys who collect trophy wives could possibly love them, and I wonder why those girls wouldn't rather have a younger hotter guy anyway. Maybe it's for the media attention for both of them, but I don't believe it's love. Those unions almost never work out, where Bono's and Ali's has. I love and respect them both so much for being the wonderful people they are:)

:hmm: We all make mistakes in our personal lives, so I don't think it would be fair to judge Bono or any of the guys for anything they did where their private lives are involved (I'm talking about common things, not murder or child abuse or anything like that...) We don't know them well enough to know their circumstances or motivations.

I think the only thing that could make me stop liking Bono is discovering that he is a fake or hypocrite, that he only does his charity related work to gain popularity but doesn't really care for the poor, that he speaks badly about his bandmates or friends behind their backs... or him being nasty to fans or employees and things of that sort. :shrug:

flaming june said:
:hmm: We all make mistakes in our personal lives, so I don't think it would be fair to judge Bono or any of the guys for anything they did where their private lives are involved (I'm talking about common things, not murder or child abuse or anything like that...) We don't know them well enough to know their circumstances or motivations.

I think the only thing that could make me stop liking Bono is discovering that he is a fake or hypocrite, that he only does his charity related work to gain popularity but doesn't really care for the poor, that he speaks badly about his bandmates or friends behind their backs... or him being nasty to fans or employees and things of that sort. :shrug:

:up:.

Angela

DaveC said:
Why does this question even need to be asked?

:eyebrow: :scratch: :down:

The same reason we ask if he dyes his hair, if his teeth have been worked on, where are his baby pictures, or how would he handle chopsticks. We are completely insane and obsessed with Bono, we think about him all the time, and we like it:lol:

Back
Top Bottom