Acrobat

Local Time: 06:49 PM
What would Bono have to do to.......

make you stop liking him?

Old 12-30-2003, 12:57 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 12:49 AM
good question!!!!

i think.... geez i don't know... i think if he would kill someone, without having good reasons... or if he would beat ali or his children...

actually, i dunno... i prefer not to have to think about this....

Old 12-30-2003, 01:42 PM   #3
Acrobat

yeah I would agree if he beat his kids or Ali......but I cannot imagine that ever happening. ....if he killed someone just to kill them thats a different story but if it was an accident like they jumped in front of his car or it was self defense, like if someone broke into his home is forgiveable.......Yeah so if he beat up Ali or killed someone for fun I wouldn't think he was the greatest any more, also if he beat animals or stuff like that
Old 12-30-2003, 01:52 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:49 PM
* hit his kids
* cheat on Ali
* becomes an alchoholic or heavy drug user
* becomes one of those people who blames everything on everyone else, especially their parents, and then writes songs about how much their childhood sucked and now their life is ruined...
Old 12-30-2003, 01:58 PM   #5
Acrobat

I wouldn't hate him for using drugs or alcohol, I would just be concerned and feel bad for him....
Old 12-30-2003, 02:39 PM   #6
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

* becomes one of those people who blames everything on everyone else, especially their parents, and then writes songs about how much their childhood sucked and now their life is ruined...
So I take it you're not a smashing pumpkins fan?

As for Bono it is weird you asked this because I was actually thinking about this for some reason. I echo what other people said about Ali and the kids but I just don;t see it happening. I know I would be bummed if I met Bono and it didn;t live up to my expectations but thats more my problem isn't it?
Old 12-30-2003, 02:41 PM   #7
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by TiaraGurl

S I know I would be bummed if I met Bono and it didn;t live up to my expectations but thats more my problem isn't it?

Yeah it would....but according to everyone who has met him its even better than expected!
Old 12-30-2003, 03:14 PM   #8
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:49 AM
release a new but very bad and boring u2 album
Old 12-30-2003, 03:17 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:49 PM
I guess if he killed my cats or something, I wouldn't be very taken with the guy at that point. Of course, like everyone else has stated, if he becomes an abusive husband/father...jeez, I don't even want to think about that But really, I can't think of one thing that he would ACTUALLY do that would make me stop liking him or think him uncool. From all the interviews and articles I've read involving Bono, he just seems like the epitome of "cool," you know? Like, he can do no wrong.

Bah, U2 rocks and I want a new album!!
Old 12-30-2003, 03:30 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:49 PM
He'd have to become a jaded cynical hole like too many other rock stars have. I honestly don't see this happening, however.
Old 12-30-2003, 04:56 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

If he started to do any of the above things, it would almost surely be a neurological problem of some sort. It's not his nature to be unkind to humans or animals. Too much love in the man.

Edited to say: Edge & the others would have him in a hospital so fast.
Old 12-30-2003, 06:12 PM   #12
The Fly

if he had an affair
Old 12-30-2003, 06:13 PM   #13
The Fly

because that's one of the few reasons why I liked him in the first place...a faithful husband in the world of rock
Old 12-30-2003, 06:39 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueGALchick
because that's one of the few reasons why I liked him in the first place...a faithful husband in the world of rock
I agree.......I like this about Bono very much.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:39 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TiaraGurl

So I take it you're not a smashing pumpkins fan?
LOL, no way, not a Smashing Pumpkins or Good Charlotte fan!
Old 12-31-2003, 03:15 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

I hate to think about it

If he put out a bad album, like rockrap, and adopted that look, I would not like it, but for him to make me stop liking him as a person he would have to do something awful like beat Ali and the kids and leave her for a supermodel. I hate jerks like that! Also if I found out he shot or abused dogs or cats, I can never like a person who would do that I guess if he became a terrorist or a communist, but he isn't likely to do that or any of these things.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:16 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueGALchick
if he had an affair
Bono knows he's got a good thing with Ali; she's his soulmate and lifelong love. That, and she would neuter him if he were stupid enough to have an affair.

Quote:
Originally posted by sue4u2
If he started to do any of the above things, it would almost surely be a neurological problem of some sort. It's not his nature to be unkind to humans or animals. Too much love in the man.

Edited to say: Edge & the others would have him in a hospital so fast.
That's true; if someone does a 180 about-face like that, there's usually something wrong upstairs. Fortunately, Bono's not only smart enough to see and correct any potential problems, he's also got a superb support network; between Ali, his bandmates and his extended family, someone would be sure to get him help if he needed it.

I guess I'm saying the likelihood that Bono would do something to make us not like him anymore is pretty minute. Granted, I was pretty irritated when he took up smoking and drinking, but I wasn't surprised that some of the "rock and roll lifestyle" had rubbed off on him.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:01 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by Sue DeNym
Bono knows he's got a good thing with Ali; she's his soulmate and lifelong love. That, and she would neuter him if he were stupid enough to have an affair.

That's true; if someone does a 180 about-face like that, there's usually something wrong upstairs. Fortunately, Bono's not only smart enough to see and correct any potential problems, he's also got a superb support network; between Ali, his bandmates and his extended family, someone would be sure to get him help if he needed it.

I guess I'm saying the likelihood that Bono would do something to make us not like him anymore is pretty minute. Granted, I was pretty irritated when he took up smoking and drinking, but I wasn't surprised that some of the "rock and roll lifestyle" had rubbed off on him.
Agree wholeheartedly with all of this.

And at least with Bono, as far as the drinking goes, he can control himself pretty well. You'll most likely never see him on those "Behind The Music" and "E! True Hollywood Story" shows talking about how he became an alcoholic.

And the smoking...yeah, not a fan of that, either...but.... It's his choice.

As for the reasons everyone put-yep, can't disagree with those.

Angela
Old 01-02-2004, 08:11 AM   #19
The Fly

Several years back, I had read in a paper that he was dating Christy Turlington and I was so upset that I could'nt even look at him or listen to his music. I was just so disappointed that he'd leave Ali for anyone-let alone the typical rock star cliche of a model.
Of course, it turned out to be untrue-just a rumor that got out of hand. Thank God
But it definitely proved that him cheating would be something that would make me lose all respect for him.
I don't think he'd do it though, he seems to really understamd what a great thing he has w/Ali-especially as he's gotten older
Old 01-02-2004, 03:55 PM   #20
The Fly

I've felt the same thing when I read Flanagan's "At the End of the World" when Bono said, "I think fidelity is against human nature." I was like... WHAT?! What are you insinuating?

I ignored it for a while...but it haunted me for *quite* a while and it has been *quite* a while

Through this thread...it made me remember reading an article from Rolling Stone magazine a couple years ago saying that Bono confessed having romps on the beach with naked women

I was devastated

I just...I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE! GOD!