What was your first job?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lilly said:

i...am so stunned by this...i mean...there are so MANY things to say...perhaps i shall share a few of the less naughty ones...anda few of the naughty ones...^O_O^

• early starter eh?
  • good practice for later on.
  • did you do any gardening there? tilling...HOeing possibly?

*yes
*yes
*no, I worked at ragin' rivers. and helped people slide down a long hard tube slide..:ohmy: :cool: :mac:

babysitting.

then i moved into the real estate business...then i moved to old navy, and now i'm back nannying and working at old navy. good times.

hand

hand2.gif

:eek::eek:a hand job?:eek::eek:

Anyway, my first real job was being a sale associate at Delia's. Or should I say, Delia*s. I absolutely hated it because almost all of my coworkers were total freaks that I couldn't get along with. I could rant for hours, but I'll spare you all. :)

My first job was at a shoe store in the mall...at first I was just the stockgirl. They only had one stock person, so it sucked to have everything dumped on me, and I hated being stuck in the backroom. That's the type of stuff my best friend likes though, so I convinced my boss to hire her for my job and put me on the sales floor. My sister and her best friend also worked there too, so it was a lot of fun. After I'd been there a year and a half though, the store closed down. *sigh*

My first job was when I was 12 or 13. I worked at boarding kennels. I got to answer phones and walk dogs all day. Kept me fit anyway.
It was pretty cool though cos we also rehomed unwanted dogs and it was really nice when they got picked up by new owners. :)

You folks had some pretty interesting first jobs. Personally, I've always wanted to be an ice-cream vendor because it seems to bring joy to the lives of others. Well, to me, anyway; I could just be the only one on earth who thinks this, as I have fantastical notions sometimes. An ice-cream vendor would be a cool job.

My real :) first job was working as an intern at a women's refuge centre. It was an eye-opener as my boss, although stern, was concerned that I get educated and not just treat it as a job. She shared books such as Roddy Doyle's The Girl Who Walked Through Doors (title?) with me, and took me to political conferences.

I was not allowed to answer distress calls; only the counsellors did that. But one day, all the counsellors were in an important meeting and I just happened to be the only one able to answer the phones, so when a lady called, I told her to call back an hour later. She then screamed at me, "My husband is going to kill me and you're asking me to wait an hour?!" Honestly, I had no idea it was a distress call. I panicked and dragged a counsellor to the phone immediately. We then picked up the lady in a van from a waiting area and brought her safely to the refuge centre.

A job I won't forget :eek:

foray

My first job was working in a grocery store. I don't know if this is still true or not, but back then (15-20 years ago) grocery stores payed part-timers very well. Much better that fast food places or drug stores. I got great pay, benefits and time and a half for working on Sundays & holidays. I did have to pay union dues though. Definately look into your area supermarkets chains.

My first job was at Fashion Bug I HATED IT!!!! Then I became a house wife........I am very over worked and under paid , but I love it

I worked one day a week at a doctors office and I also babysat for the neighbors kids. (I was 13).

But I really consider my first job to be at a pharmacy. I started when I was 15 and I worked there for 5 years!!!:ohmy: :ohmy:

When I started the job I'm at now (been here 7 years) it was my REAL grown up job. I remember on my first day crying to myself that I wanted to go back to the pharmacy!!!:lol:

I worked at a mall card/stationary store at Christmas time my senior year of high school. Because I was new I didn't get to work the register so my main job was to greet customers and straighten shelves. Straightening shelves is not that bad, customer sevice, especially at Christmas, really, really, really sucks. All kinds of people would come through the door, some nice, some crabby, some plain nasty. I did make some money, though, which was nice for a change.
After that I worked in a bridal/formal gown outlet for about a year-and-a-half, did a few internships and worked as a research assistant before getting the job I have now.

I babysit a lot, but where I really wanna work is Wherehouse Music. I LOVE that store. :love:

my first job was dong landscaping work. mostly in parks, mowing grass and gardening work. i spent the majority of my summer sitting in a flower bed weeding and getting stung by bees.

A test tube cleaner in the Lab technician department of the local allied health school (which I later went to). Please don't ask me why I'm presently working in a library.....the hospital job didn't agree with me, to put it mildly. Ugh.

Im quitting my job and getting a different job in 3 weeks! I am so happy! I have to wait 3 wks because thats when my NEW job starts! No more McD's for me.

my first job on a payroll was coaching gymnastics for the local rec. department. I've been babysitting since I was 11 and right now I watch 4 kids 4 days a week for 8 hours a day and also have a daily paper route (shut up! :madspit:) and still babysit weekends and nights.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
my first job on a payroll was coaching gymnastics for the local rec. department.

an interesting tidbit for all of you who give a rat's ass....;).......lies and i worked together for half a year teaching gymnastics....our first jobs were together!

Back
Top Bottom