What should we call you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
This is not quite a "what is your name" thread b/c some people refuse to post their name or don't like their name or whatever. I don't know the names of the newbies and I always feel like a freak going hey U2democrat or starsgoblue (not to single you guys out!). Post what you'd prefer to be called on this forum.

My name is Lies and I am usually called Liv by posters here and on other boards. Call me either.

ARW or Amanda. I HATE when someone calls me arw9797. It makes me feel like a kid when I did something wrong and my parents would call me by my full name. I just sort of like to ignore that silly number at the end of my name...

yeah!....no, Carly Patterson. I can't even lie b/c you only get to wear that leo if you're on the national team, and obviously I'm not.

Barbara (Come to think of it, I don't think anyone's ever called me by my first name here. :hmm: ), please! I hate when people call me 'Queen' or 'QB.' But then again, I'm also not fond of my first name. :|

Great thread. :up:

Last edited:
Sorry for calling you QB Queen Bee, I never knew your real name :grumpy:

I don't mind being called U2Kitten, or U2K, and I like my nickname of "Kitty" too. Michelle is also okay!

I know I called Barbara QB but that was because i didn't know if she'd like her real name to be used, so sorry about that Barbara (=also much longer than QB :wink: )

My name is Greta or Greet so I don't mind when ppl call me Greety.

If you wanna call me Bonochick, that's fine. People tend to call me BC for short...or Kat, since my real name is Katherine. One person here calls me Katie (which is what my family and friends back home call me), but that's because she just has to be special! :wink:

I hate my real name (there are only a couple of people here who know what it is, and let's keep it that way!:wink: ), so Biff is just fine. If you're in a friendly mood, you can call me Biffers.:D

You can call me 'Merc' or Dorthe - you decide! :D

Just don't start to call me Dorothy or shorten my real name into 'Dot' - I have bad memories of that name! :huh:

... and for the English speaking PLEBAns (which there is quite a few of here! :wink: ) you pronounce Dorthe like this:

Dorthe ~ [Door-deux] - It sounds like a 'door' in English and the number two ('deux') in French put together! :D

Very 'exotic' as someone here called it! :lol:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
Sorry for calling you QB Queen Bee, I never knew your real name :grumpy:

greety said:
I know I called Barbara QB but that was because i didn't know if she'd like her real name to be used, so sorry about that Barbara (=also much longer than QB :wink: )

I actually don't mind QB too much, now that I think about it. It's "Queen" or "Queenie" that make me go crazy. :crazy:

Merc said:
... and for the English speaking PLEBAns (which there is quite a few of here! :wink: ) you pronounce Dorthe like this:

Dorthe ~ [Door-deux] - It sounds like a 'door' in English and the number two ('deux') in French put together! :D

I knew that! :yes:

And I am english-speaking Pleban....:tongue:

Not my first langugage though...:hug:

Back
Top Bottom