What should I do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karmic_postmark

Refugee
Today I discovered two :cute: kittens roaming around the dead end area right beside my house. I then spotted an older cat laying further off in the distance so I am presuming this is there mother. My neighbor across the street from me has 3 dogs that can jump the fence easily if the really want to get out. For the past hour the have been barking like crazy at the kittens. I love cats and I don't want to see them get hurt by other animals or getting run over. Plus it's been so cold at night over here I wonder where the hell they have been sleeping. I want to put out some food and water for them but my father who leaves downstairs from me will get angry at me if I do. Maybe it's best to stay away from them so they learn to fear people because not everyone might be friendly towards them? Part of me wants to take them to a shelter and maybe someone will adopt them. But that's a big maybe. Then if no one does they'll end up dead....exactly what I do not want to happen to them! :sad: I have three kitty girls already I wish I could take these 3 others in too but I can't. :mad: Are they better off out on the street?

I wish I knew the answer :reject:

Maybe call around the local vet's offices and see if they can suggest a no kill shelter if there's one in your area? Or a Petsmart might know, the one near me has a kitty adoption center (but I don't know where they get the cats from :reject: )

Probably bonosloveslave, Sicy, or U2Kitten would know more.

id call the shelter or wherever amimals are cared for. isnt it called a pound in the US?
i see these things on TV...

if you cant get to them, get someone else to get to them.

I agree also, find a no kill shelter. I would at least be able to take comfort in the fact that I tried to help them, rather than letting them sit out there.

If you can find a no-kill shelter or adoption network, that would be best. Otherwise, do you have a shed or garage you could keep them in until you think of something? Taking these three inside the house is probably not the best idea because they could fight with your cats or get them sick. Hopefully something works out! Just remember that if you do choose to feed them and offer them shelter, in the future you may be held legally responsible for them if they require vet treatment (namely vaccinations). A lot of cities have laws that if you care for a stray animal, it becomes your responsibility and you have to also be able to ensure the animal is healthy and vaccinated.

macphistofreak said:
I agree also, find a no kill shelter. I would at least be able to take comfort in the fact that I tried to help them, rather than letting them sit out there.
I'm looking for an other shelter called one and the lady said she has no room. :( I wish i did have a garage or shed so I could bring them in. Damn it!:banghead:

Thank you all for your suggestions :hug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom